Apollo Home Healthcare
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom214 reviews

Honest review of a current worker

I have worked for Apollo for a good few years now and have a mixed experiance but overall positive. The service users and packages of care are wonderful, don't get me wrong you get a few difficult ones as you would anywhere, but overall my experiance of working with the service users is brilliant, often very complex so it is not a type of care you go into lightly atall, it is very medical/clinical based care (my experiance anyway) so be ready to be busy and have challenging shifts but its worthwhile when seeing our service users happy, healthy and comfortable. The nurses are great! Always quick to pick up the phone or answer an email and show real care and vigilance in what they do! They will hold back competencies, do extra training and have regular conversations with you to make sure you feel ready and comfortable and are very supportive and encouraging to us workers and our service users.You read many reveiws on here from a few years ago about the west Midlands office which at the time hold alot of truth, however, currently the office communication and care taken in supporting the care assistants has massively improved. The consultants are easy to get hold of ,are easy to talk to and pleasant to work with. They will work with you if you need to change your availability and are understanding and supportive with personal issues that could be affecting work. However, I do still know of some of the office staff being untruthful about care assistants to cover their own back when talking to service users and their families. This is unhelpful as it can affect our relationships -

10 May 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare. We really appreciate your views. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role, working with your clients, and making a huge difference to theirs and their families lives each and every day. Thank you for the integral part your play in this. It’s wonderful that you feel supported and encouraged by our nurses who lead your training and that they ensure you feel confident and ready to carry out your complex care duties. We’re pleased that communication with your local consultant is good too and you feel supported by them both professionally and personally.Thank you for sharing that you feel the communication has improved considerably since you joined the company. We continuously strive to make improvements to the way we work in our ambition to make AHH a great place to work for all staff, so it’s great to hear that. Our local teams do try to communicate effectively and accommodate any requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult, especially around staff holidays and absences and occasionally we do have to cancel shifts. We aim to confirm rotas at least 4 weeks in advance, but we know that you may have less notice on occasion due to the juggling that goes on behind the scenes on rotas. The last couple of years has been particularly difficult to navigate with the Covid-19 pandemic.We work by our own employment terms and conditions and although we don’t offer contracted hours, due to the nature of our work, all staff are entitled to -

Great work colleagues

Lovely clients and fellow colleagues however office consultants are not the most reliable or honest. I feel as though they work to what is solely best for them and then us and then the client.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Work deployment unfairly organised

10 May 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role, working with your clients, and making a difference to theirs and their families lives each and every day. We’re sorry to read how you feel about your local office staff. Our local teams do try to communicate effectively and accommodate any requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult, especially around staff holidays and absences. The last couple of years has been particularly difficult to navigate with the Covid-19 pandemic. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience. If you would be happy to reach out to your local Operation's Manager; they will be happy to discuss your concerns so that we can attempt to rectify any issues. We want Apollo Home Healthcare to be a great place to work, so please do contact them if you can.

Insights into Apollo Home Healthcare

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

positive and friendly workplace

I started my role at head office around 9 months ago and recently moved over to the West Midlands office. There is a really positive culture throughout both offices, with management being approachable and friendly. The atmosphere is professional, but not at all cold or corporate. I have worked in an office role for another care company and the environment is like night and day. I really enjoy working with like minded individuals with a good work ethic. My role is relatively stress free, which is the reason that I applied for this role. I am aware that other office roles do have related pressure, but they are supported by the team to manage this.

10 May 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your new role and that the culture and work ethic is mirrored in both of the offices you have worked within. It’s wonderful that you feel supported by your team and management too. We endeavour to make AHH a great place to work while we make a difference to the lives of others each and every day and thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

I never even started here

When I was offered the job, I found communication to be very poor. I was told I had to attend training (which I was fine with) but without pay and paid mileage? I don't think do. Had an uneasy feel about the company so i decided to join another company which do offer fully paid training and mileage allowance as well as many other benefits.

7 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about Apollo Home Healthcare. We're sorry to read you have had such a negative recruitment experience. Our recruitment team endeavour to communicate effectively with all our applicants and we have a rigorous recruitment and onboarding process that we follow, so we are surprised that you found the communication to be poor in this instance. We would love to speak with you further about this. If you would be happy to reach out to the local Operation's Manager of the office where you applied, they will be happy to discuss your experience so that we can rectify any issues where possible for the future. We do offer free training for both the mandatory and any specialist clinical skills that are required for your role. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector.

I thoroughly enjoy my job & working for Apollo Home Healthcare!

I have worked at Apollo Home Healthcare for 3+ years. I enjoy each and every day. In my role I manage a large team of recruiters who are very passionate about their role.I feel very lucky to be in a position that I love and at a company where I feel valued.The positions we have available are very critical to our Service Users being able to the life they want to live and achieve all their aspirations along the way. Everyone who works here is very passionate and committed to our service users and Person Centred care is at the heart of everything we do.There is a great team rapport in each of the offices and everyone who works for Apollo Home Healthcare in our offices and with our service users own home are very much appreciated.Working in the Healthcare Sector can have its challenges but who doesn't like a challenge?

Pros

Great team, Supportive Management, Knowledgeable Leadership Team

Very Low Pay

You are better paid filling the shelves at Asda. Apollo don’t tell you all training is voluntary so you won’t get paid for it. Yet it is mandatory? The maximum wage they advertise is the bank holiday rate which is usually £1 more than the normal rate.

Pros

Client

Cons

Apollo do not pay for training and shadowing shifts

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.We require all our healthcare staff to be certified in providing Basic Life Support, safe Moving and Handling, Administration of Medications as well as Mandatory skills, which includes, but is not limited to, Health and Safety, Infection Control, Safeguarding, etc. We are happy to accept in-date certificates at the time of job offer, however, if this is not provided, you will be required to attend the free training we offer to cover the above. We also offer further specialist training to give you the skills and knowledge within our specialist area of complex clinical care. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector. Shadowing is to ensure you are confident and competent to carry out these complex clinical roles and is always paid. However, this may be at a lower rate and is part of your training and clinical competency sign off until you are competent to start carrying out the clinical delegations our service user requires. We do advertise our roles with what you could earn up to on social media. As always this is dependent on experience and the days that you work, for instance weekends are paid at the higher rate. It’s difficult to get all of this information across, but our website and jobs adverts will always give the pay range and when you speak to our recruitment consultants, they will go over this with you.

Avoid at all costs

Terrible company. Office staff rude and some of them can't even spell properly in their emails, then putting smiley faces in the email which is very unprofessional. Then expecting you to pick up extra night shifts when you have already done 4 in a row and constantly pestering you and phoning you all the time. I had to turn my voicemail off in the end because I got sick and tired of the constant messages they were leaving. If you need a reference from them don't even think about it because they would not give me one when I left them and probably did it out of spite.

4 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.Our local teams always try to accommodate your requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult around staff holidays and absences. The last couple of years has been particularly difficult to navigate with the Covid-19 pandemic. We're sorry to read you have had such a negative experience and would love to speak with you further about your experience. Please reach out to the local Operation's Manager of the office you worked at; they will be happy to discuss your concerns so that we can rectify any issues where possible.

Great management and support.

I have worked for Apollo Home Healthcare for coming up to 2 years now. I feel supported in my job role and communication is always clear so we are aware what is happening

Pros

Good Communication, Support + Help

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role and feel supported by your team. We constantly strive to make Apollo Home Healthcare a great place to work while we make a difference to the lives of others each and every day and thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

productive, fast past, rewarding.

From moving from a large competitor to a smaller private company at the time, i was a little reserved, however it was the best career move i made. you get full support from management and praise when needed. They are firm but fair.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role with us and feel supported by both your team and management too. We know that everyone here works hard to consistently deliver our services to our clients, making a huge difference to their lives, and we thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

Rewarding working 1:1/ 2:1 in clients own homes.

I was privileged to be able to deliver high quality, holistic care to clients in their own homes.It was very rewarding being able to deliver 1:1 care, knowing that I had the time to meet their needs.However, rotas are not guaranteed. Shifts are frequently rescheduled or cancelled, you can either accept alternative shift, travel to different package or go without pay. I found my shifts were often changed, hours extended and continuously offered packages not in my local area.BLS, Moving & Handling & mandatory training are attended in your own time & not paid. You can request copy of your certificates for CPD but at a cost of £50 each.

Pros

Paid breaks, Excellent rates of pay, Providing 1:1 care.

Cons

Traveling- often long distances & no mileage allowance, Training in own time, Zero hour contract.

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working 1:1 with your clients and making a huge difference to their everyday lives.Our local teams always try to accommodate your requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult around staff holidays and absences. The last couple of years has been particularly difficult to navigate with the Covid-19 pandemic. We require all our healthcare staff to be certified in providing Basic Life Support, safe Moving and Handling, Administration of Medications as well as Mandatory skills, which includes, but is not limited to, Health and Safety, Infection Control, Safeguarding, etc. We are happy to accept in-date certificates at the time of job offer, however, if this is not provided, you will be required to attend the free training we offer to cover the above. We also offer further specialist training to give you the skills and knowledge within our specialist area of complex clinical care. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector.We're sorry to read you have had such a negative experience and would love to speak with you further on your experience. Please reach out to your local Operation's Manager who will be happy to discuss your concerns.

Laid back yet professional. Friendly. Determined. Treats service users with more dignity than alot of other care companies.

Really enjoying my time working for Apollo so far. Friendly office staff and service users. I am not pestered too often to cover other calls and I am trusted to do my job correctly. The office are good and quick at responding to me when i need something.

Pros

Save up holiday accrued into money pot for the end of the year.

Cons

Mis-communication at times.

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role with us and feel supported by your team. We know that everyone here works hard to consistently deliver services to our clients, making a huge difference to their lives, and we thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

Wonderful management/staff and great company to work for

I have worked for Apollo for a couple of months now and it is lovely to be part of a care team where you feel valued and appreciated so much by the company. Overall a great company to work for :)

Pros

Very good management and staff. Flexible working hour Fair rate of pay

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role with us and feel supported and valued by both your team and management. We know that everyone here works hard to consistently deliver services to our clients, making a huge difference to their lives, and we thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

Overall its a good company to work.

I have worked for apollo for 3 months. It's a good company to work and im enjoying my new role as a HCA. Iv not ran in to any major issues with this company so far and any minor problems have been dealt with promptly and efficiently.I was disappointed to find out your not paid for training as its 3-4 full days plus traveling to the office but it wasn't the end of the world. There is aways plenty of shifts, the office staff are friendly and helpful. The pay is good once your signed off as compatant. The weekly pay is good. If you have any issues the office staff are pretty good at getting it sorted out quickly for you. The holiday pay is fabulous. You can change to other packages if needed/wanted

Pros

Holiday pay!, You pick when your available to work and when your not, Good communication with office staff, Always shifts available if you need more hours/money.

Cons

Long hours (12hr shifts), Not paid for training, On call don't come out if there is is problem at night/ weekend, Often asked to pick up shifts last minute.

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role with us and feel supported and valued by your team. We require all our healthcare staff to be certified in providing Basic Life Support, safe Moving and Handling, Administration of Medications as well as Mandatory skills, which includes, but is not limited to, Health and Safety, Infection Control, Safeguarding, etc. We are happy to accept in-date certificates at the time of job offer, however, if this is not provided, you will be required to attend the free training we offer to cover the above. We also offer further specialist training to give you the skills and knowledge within our specialist area of complex clinical care. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector.Our local teams always try to accommodate your requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult around staff holidays and absences. We know that everyone here works hard to consistently deliver services to our clients, making a huge difference to their lives, and we thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

Okay place to work, lots of training though and not paid for it

Lots of training required for different clients and none of it paid for by company, has taken me 40+ hrs which would have been good to get paid for. Pretty decent place to work apart from that

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.We require all our healthcare staff to be certified in providing Basic Life Support, safe Moving and Handling, Administration of Medications as well as Mandatory skills, which includes, but is not limited to, Health and Safety, Infection Control, Safeguarding, etc. We are happy to accept in-date certificates at the time of job offer, however, if this is not provided, you will be required to attend the free training we offer to cover the above. We also offer further specialist training to give you the skills and knowledge within our specialist area of complex clinical care. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your role, working with your clients. We know that everyone here works hard to consistently deliver services to our clients, making a huge difference to their lives, and we thank you so much for playing an integral part in this.

no consideration for personal life

worked for apollo for a few months. office talk to you like cr*p and guilt trip you when you dont want to do a shift because you havent received relevant training. When they dislike you they cut your shifs in half and dont give you enough hours.

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.We're sorry to read you have had such a negative experience and would love to speak with you further on your experience. Please reach out to your local Operation's Manager who will be happy to discuss your concerns and try to rectify this for the future.

Poor company

Disorganised no set shifts. Kept being told I had a permanent client and package never happened, sent mile aways. Never any on call to answer query. Pay was always wrong. Never given the right information about clients.

Pros

Cons

Poor organisation poor communications

24 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.Our local teams always try to accommodate your requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult around staff holidays and absences. The last couple of years has been particularly difficult to navigate with the Covid-19 pandemic. We're sorry to read you have had such a negative experience and would love to speak with you further on your experience. Please reach out to your local Operation's Manager who will be happy to discuss your concerns and try to rectify this for the future.

overall positive

have been with this company a while. Pay is average for the job roll although some packages are very complex care which have needed more training for the skills required.The training isn't paid which is not good especially when it is mandatory.Possibly 50 hours at least including on line training.Travel to the offices is over 45 miles away taking at least 45 minutes so that's another 3 hours on on a good day .Office staff appear nice just waiting for if and when I have a problem.No certificates for the training which would be good for a personal portfolio especially when the training is unpaid.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

no paid training and long way to travel

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us at Apollo Home Healthcare. We’re sorry to read that you’re unhappy with the We do offer free training for both the mandatory and all specialist clinical skills. We’re glad that you feel the support of your office team, who are always there to help and support you in any way they can, 24 hours a day.

Nice and happy job role

Apollo are the kind of company you want to work for when you like to manage your own time, shifts are flexible and always shifts available. Lots of benefits and support, always happy to help you with your help in return to worth while. Pay is good rate pay. Clients have all the need within there home from apollo to ensure you can meet all needs and feel confident and happy in the environment.

Pros

Flexible hours and supportive staff

Cons

Some long days, (not a big deal for me)

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare. It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying the flexibility of the role and can work with the shifts available to you. Your local team strive to support your requirements and offer shifts that work for you. They are always there to help you in any way they can.

Can be either or

Travel to different places but clients are great to work with. Its agency and not contracted, the pay rate varies depending on the client needs. The office are quite approachable and there are alway hours to pick up. If you drive it's easier, there are some good and some bad points.

Pros

Always work

Cons

Travel all over

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying working with your clients and making a difference to their lives each and every day. We're sorry to read you have some bad points too and would love to speak with you further on this. Please reach out to our local operation's manager who will be happy to discuss your concerns.

My best health care job place so far

It is a zero hour contract but once you have your client you can keep and always go to the same family. I work with children. All clients and they family are lovely. We have a very good support from the office. Good hour rate, good collegues.

Pros

Cons

No much higher night and weekend hour rate

Very rewarding job

I really enjoy my job as a complex care assistant. The job is very rewarding and you get to know the service users and their families very well. The interview was good and they made me feel relaxed. The training is good and appropriate to your role although you have to travel and it isn’t paid. Sometimes communication isn’t the best with office staff but they have always got back to me at a relatively fast pace usually within a few days and are apologetic for any delays.Rota’s are weekly but sometimes hours can change which can be difficult when you requested certain hours at your interview.

Pros

Service users and their families. Good rates of pay.

Cons

Unpaid training. Don’t pay mileage.

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare.It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying working with your clients and making a difference to theirs and their families lives each and every day. We’re sorry to read that you’re unhappy with the unpaid training. We do offer free training for both the mandatory and any specialist clinical skills Please do speak to your local Operation's manager again about your requested hours. Our local teams always try to accommodate your requests, but we know that this can sometimes prove to be difficult around staff holidays and absences. The team are there to support you in any way they can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Apollo Home Healthcare with

• Apollo Home Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?