Apollo Home Healthcare

Apollo Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Overall I am happy with the packages I have worked on and I enjoyed the shifts with the adults and children I have supported. The staff in the office are nice overall but if there is an issue of staffing / hours / issues with the family (all of which happen a lot) their tone changes very quickly and you become the problem. In fact, some of the rudest people I've spoken to in my life work in this office.It's a zero hours contract so if you have regular packages it's ok but that can quickly change and hours are taken from you without a second thought. The wages should also inceease with minimum wage but that doesn't seem to happen. Enjoyed my time but wouldn't go back
Pros
Paid breaks, nice families
Cons
Not paid if you do overtime, rude office staff
Worked for them for over 6 months & what a horrible ride has it been. Office staff show no support whatsoever. The service users were the only positive in the whole experience, which always makes leaving the job a little more difficult.Terrible communication between the office staff & HCAs from start to finish. If you still decide to tempt the fate... Make sure you put absolutely everything in writing as they will deny any verbal communication. Keep all emails safe as you WILL need those to prove you’ve communicated the matter.Best of luck and probably advisable to look for another job alongside this.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Office staff, terrible communication, training could be a little better.
You get a good range of different packages that you can work on, and the staff teams on the packages are so friendly . The main disadvantage is the lack of pay for training days, I have worked over 15 years in care and this is the first company who do not pay their staff for training days. When staff are in training they are spending their valuable time in a working environment and should be payed, shifts often have to be cancelled for staff to attend training therefore missing out on a days pay. Staff have better engagement in training when being paid and I feel they are likely to contribute more and also feel more valued.
Pros
Variety of packages
Cons
Lack of pay for training days
A really thorough interview process giving a clear and accurate insight into the role and constant updates throughout. When starting in the role you are placed onto an in-depth induction that involves all of your job responsibilities and meetings with senior management staff and the company CEO. A great training programme on offer and excellent support and constant communication and support from managers. A great care company with experts in the field in every branch and every role. A real family company who appreciate their staff teams
Pros
Training, support, development, trust, respect
Cons
Absolutely love working for Apollo. Training is brilliant, although it’s unpaid but the packages you get make up for it. Since coming into care 2 years ago Apollo have really helped me gain new skills and experience things I never thought I would. Complex care is daunting if never done before and that was the case for me but all the girls in the North Doncaster office are simply amazing. Very supportive, very encouraging and will do anything to put your mind at ease if worried or anxious. It’s a breath of fresh air to work for such a brilliant company. I would highly recommend Apollo Home Healthcare.
Pros
Office staff, Families, Hours, Work/Life balance
Cons
Since being successful at the interview with Apollo. I cannot fault the whole process from interview, training and starting with the service user. Apollo North East have been very professional so far. The whole administration staff have been accommodating to my own personal needs, which is refreshing as other companies I've experienced don't value their staff. So far I cannot fault how helpful and friendly everyone has been. My work is challenging as a support/health care worker but very rewarding and I know that if I need help, advice and support I can count on the staff at the office to help. I would recommend Apollo healthcare.
There’s not much to say other than I love my job! The office staff are extremely helpful and always reply to emails or messages more or less straight away.
Pros
Lovely families and office staff
Cons
Unpaid training
Apollo have been amazing in many ways from respect and support and and employee I couldn't ask for better especially when comes to working around my family. Nice to enjoy a job and actually look forward to going to work. Nice to be able to approach the office staff and not feel a burden.
Apollo staff that look after my daughter are amazing, they give 100% in everything they do. My daughter has very complex needs and Apollo always make sure that the staff are given full training and on going support while working with my daughter.The Staff in the office are great i can phone with a question and they will get it sorted and get back to me as quick as possible.Could not recommend this company enough!!
From my initial job offer, it took 3 months for me to finally get my start date. The communication between the office and staff is very slow. I have had a few shifts cancelled short notice because they forgot to tell me sooner. I found the training very good quality however you have to pay for any proof that you have been on the training course. It is £50 a course. I understand that people left Apollo after completing the training but I feel that once you have completed a probation period, you should be given your certificates. You also have to travel to whichever the closest office is for training. For me and nearly everyone on my training courses we had travelled over an hour which you don’t get compensated for.
Pros
Good training, families are nice, good amount of ppe, good pay rate, have to be competency signed off by a nurse-reassuring
Cons
Lack of communication, don’t get training certificates
Apollo are a lovely company to work for, the management are very professional but also very helpful, if you have any issues whether that be regarding work or home life I always feel at ease to speak to them about anything, the work it’s self is amazing as I love working in care and helping the community in anyway possible. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Weekly pay, shift changes when and where possible.
I have worked for the Merseyside branch for over 2years , once training was done I didn't have a problem with regular work , management never throw you in the deep end and equip you with information and training which is client persific. Since my house move to West Yorkshire I haven't had any work so have had to register with another agency to make ends meet.
Pros
Christmas present, reasonable wage
Cons
Training and travel not paid for
I was in my last job for 17 years, so it was a massive step for me, especially for the financial side, Would there be enough hours? as my income is the only income. but 5 months in there are plenty of full time hours, I have a set rota which is 4 nights a week, and if I feel I need extra shifts on top, I ask the office if there are any more available, and they always accommodate. I Am very happy in my role, of course it can be stressful at times, but most jobs are! The service users I care for are lovely, and all of the care staff I have met while working for Apollo are really nice, hard working and dedicated to the service users they care for. I feel the office staff are really good, friendly, fair, and easy to get hold of and talk too. So all in all I think it’s a good place to work for
 The office team are very supportive working around your personal life to balance your shifts Communication is excellent and the support provided from the office team has been outstanding. The flexibility with the home office is notable, they'll try to accommodate and adjust should you need to adjust your schedule. I have not had a problem with applying for annual leave, they have always been able to accommodate me when I needed time off. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Strong Communication, friendly, intuitive.
Cons
Firstly, I commend the company for the outstanding training process which is thorough and informative.I have thoroughly enjoyed working with my service user, it is a rewarding placement. Working in the family home is a privilege; it is important to get the balance right as you are not a family friend but a professional carer.The hardest part of the job is not being physically active during a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of achievement when you have done a great day of caring.Throughout my first weeks, management staff have been kind, understanding and always on hand to help.
Pros
The reward of helping to improve someone's day.
Cons
There may not be enough hours to make the salary viable.
Good company to work for. Office staff are very polite and friendly. Although at the moment I don't have enough hours as they are new in city where I live which I do understand. The management are trying their best. Shadowing shifts pay rate very low, the training not paid. Overall very good company, the management are very supportive and approchable. I did care for 7 years so far is the best company and I will strongly recommend working for them.
Horrible company to work with!Horrible office staff, they don't have any people skills, and education even less ...Don't get me wrong ... they can be really polite and friendly when they make a mess and they need you to cover.So if you like to be a clown a chess piece our a poppet... join themRunaway from Peterborough office
Pros
Wonderful Nurses, very supportive and helpfull
Cons
office staff!
Starts off fine then you see the real Apollo how they treat you. They take hours off you and then give you too many 1 week. New staff members are given pick of the hours so yours are changed to suit them. Training is un paid not even mileage is given to go to Peterborough.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks as lone worker, hours aren't secure, 0 hour contract, no sick pay
Expected to do induction for 3 full days but not get paid. Never worked anywhere you dont get paid for training! Say you have a package then, try to get you to work all over. Lucky if you get a response from office
As an employee of Apollo, I feel it is important to mention the significant lack of communication between management and carer. Due to the nature of the job, you would have thought that management would be in touch with each other before contacting the carer but that isn't the case. On multiple occasions have I had phone calls from different people in the same office asking the exact same questions, not only wasting my time but their time too.Alongside this, I feel as though I cannot call /contact the office to express concern due to being judged or looked down apon. Staff are friendly but only when it's good news.The family I work for are also very judgemental and I feel as though I cannot do my job properly with them constantly looking over my shoulder, going against what I have been told/ taught to do and taking over from what I am doing on countless occasions.
Pros
Training was good, somewhat flexible with hours
Cons
Long hours, no communication
Company is good for flexible shifts. Zero hour contract. Lots of opportunities in complex care and training. Senior Management Are really good but consultants are sometimes hard to talk to.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication between management and staff