Apollo Home Healthcare

Home Care Aide18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews

rotalovelycomplexofficemidlandpackagetraininguser

overall positive

have been with this company a while. Pay is average for the job roll although some packages are very complex care which have needed more training for the skills required.The training isn't paid which is not good especially when it is mandatory.Possibly 50 hours at least including on line training.Travel to the offices is over 45 miles away taking at least 45 minutes so that's another 3 hours on on a good day .Office staff appear nice just waiting for if and when I have a problem.No certificates for the training which would be good for a personal portfolio especially when the training is unpaid.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

no paid training and long way to travel

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us at Apollo Home Healthcare. We’re sorry to read that you’re unhappy with the We do offer free training for both the mandatory and all specialist clinical skills. We’re glad that you feel the support of your office team, who are always there to help and support you in any way they can, 24 hours a day.

Do not recommend

Recruitment process last approximately 2 months. Training is not paid. They'll make you sign paperwork during induction without the opportunity to take the paperwork home and read first (stay in the office and read). No breaks. Pay is ok - not the best, depending on the package. Office staff are rude. Managers - no comment, better not to talk to them. Supervision's and meetings are not paid. Office staff are not clinically trained so if you're ill on a shift, you'll most likely end up staying by the end of the shift (good luck if you're doing a 12+ hour shift). You'll get called (almost) every single day to come and cover more shifts even if you're doing a 50 hour week. No contract. No opportunity to progress. No benefits of working for Apollo.

26 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about working with us here at Apollo Home Healthcare and your recruitment experience. It’s vital for us to make improvements where we can. We do offer free training for both the mandatory and any specialist clinical skills that are required for your role. This training is for complex care skills that add to your expertise and help to build your career in this sector. Our local teams do try to communicate effectively and accommodate any requests. We aim to confirm rotas at least 4 weeks in advance, but we know that you may have less notice on occasion due to the juggling that goes on behind the scenes on rotas, especially around staff holidays and absences. We always offer our staff opportunities to cover additional shifts if they are able to and some of our staff appreciate the opportunity to earn a little more if they are able to.We aim to offer the highest rates of pay to our healthcare staff, with uplifts for weekends and bank holidays. We have recently increased our pay rates again on some of our packages of care. We’re sorry you feel this was not the case for you. We work by our own employment terms and conditions and although we don’t offer contracted hours, due to the nature of our work, all staff are entitled to annual leave, sick pay, and a private pension scheme too. We also offer a reward and recognition scheme to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our staff.We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience. If you would be happy to reach out to your local Operation's -

Insights into Apollo Home Healthcare

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrid company not caring

Simply a horrific experiences from management . Always calling to pick up extra shifts. Manager would shout and tell the person on the phone what to say . High turn over of staff across the board . No point complaining as it's all family. Avoid Avoid I will never work in the care sector again .

Pros

Finally left

Cons

Over worked

Terrible company to work for & office write 5 star reviews themselves.

Worked for them for over 6 months & what a horrible ride has it been. Office staff show no support whatsoever. The service users were the only positive in the whole experience, which always makes leaving the job a little more difficult.Terrible communication between the office staff & HCAs from start to finish. If you still decide to tempt the fate... Make sure you put absolutely everything in writing as they will deny any verbal communication. Keep all emails safe as you WILL need those to prove you’ve communicated the matter.Best of luck and probably advisable to look for another job alongside this.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Office staff, terrible communication, training could be a little better.

Just finished training

So far Apollo seems a positive company to work for. Good communication. Training is great. Looking forward to starting my role. Packages are challenging and feel I will be able to learn a lot of new skills.

Pros

Pay, flexible

Cons

Great company to work for

I started at Apollo 4 weeks ago and it has been a very positive environment and everyone is very welcoming and a great team to work with as always so supportive

Fantastic Company

Since starting with Apollo,I have learnt so many more new skills. The office staff, nurse, recruiter, senior consultant and manager are just the best. They are so supportive and encourage you when you express an interest in learning new things. The senior consultant is really flexible and will try to move things around to make all staff happy.I love my job and feel so grateful for the opportunity to work for such a fab company.

21 July 2020
Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We are so pleased that you are enjoying working with us and developing new skills along the way. It is great to hear that you feel supported by our office staff and we will pass this feedback on.

Love my job

Interesting work no two days are the same generally a happy environment to work in clients and families are lovely training is fantastic and further training available

Pros

Lots to learn

Cons

Need to cover shifts at short notice

Struggling company

The job is a rollercoaster ride. No support from the office. Pay could be better. Lots of hours to start then they go down. No job security. The job its self would be good if it wasnt for clueless office staff.

Terrible

Your availability is ignored call at stupid times they don't even check to see if you're working, no regular hours! Quite happy to leave you for months whilst u land yourself further in debt! And people tell lies to the service users families about the staff. Awful communication

Pros

Days off

Cons

Working for apollo

22 October 2018
We are really sorry to hear this feedback and would very much like to speak to you about these concerns. Please can you email your details over to Sarahtomlinson@apollohomehealthcare.com and we can discuss this further?Many thanks

Stop before you apply

Apollo what a disgrace, I have got to say I would hate for anyone to experience what many people appear to have experienced while working for this company. They have zero empathy for staff members and give zero support. The amount of times I have raised concerns or issues I have lost count, yet was anything done? No. The staff work so flipping hard yet get zero appreciation. Very quick to destroy your enjoyment of the job through pure neglect of staff well being. The process of getting into the company is lengthy and unpaid and generally miles from your home town. The pay for what you do in this job is pennies, the hours are long and arduous and yet you’re expected to do above and beyond your stated hours. You will expect some level of stress from most jobs but this i can say out of all the rubbish companies I’ve worked for is definitely the worst. The staff turn over is unbelievable and incredibly unsettling for staff and families alike, all because staff are treated so poorly! Nothing you do will ever be good enough. They will lure you in and keep you sweet until you say no or dare to have a social life outside of work, heaven forbid! Can honestly say this is the worst company to date and I’ve worked for a fair few bad ones!

Pros

The children

Cons

Too many to mention

7 August 2018
Hi, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We take the well being of all our staff very seriously.As a company we aim to offer flexibility in terms of working hours and a positive experience for all of our staff.We would like to discuss this matter with you further. Please can you give our central team a call on 01902 847111. Kind regards

Nice working environment

I have only recently joined Apollo, I feel welcome and have learnt a great deal in a short amount of time, I am very much looking forward to continuing my journey.

Pros

Exciting, challenging, rewarding

4 December 2017
Thank you very much for your comments. Welcome to Apollo Home Healthcare.

Excellent place to work

I have worked for the company for over a year and a half and I can honestly say it was the best decision I made. All the staff are friendly and honest and it is a great environment to work with and a great company to work for.

Pros

Good service and communication

Cons

None at present

29 November 2017
Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is really nice to hear that you enjoy working for us. We will feed this back to our Codsall office.

Good staff in and out of the office

I have worked for apollo for just over a year I find the staff in the office very helpful in every way always had my work the training is always updated you work what days you want no pressure iv worked for other agencies apollo have been the best company giving exactly what shifts you want.

Pros

Good hoilday pay

Cons

Just company to wofk for

28 November 2017
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really is good to hear that you find the office very helpful and we will certainly feed this back.

Rewarding and intersting job

During my employment with Apollo I gained knowledge and learned skills which I never thought I'd have the confidence to do. The training is good and specific to the package you're allocated. Very rewarding and interesting position.

Pros

Rewarding, good training, flexible

Cons

long hours, poor communication

28 November 2017
Thank you very much for your comments. It is brilliant to hear that you find the role rewarding and you have learnt a lot. It is disappointing to hear that you feel there is poor communication. We realise that you no longer work for Apollo Home Healthcare but would really like to hear your feedback so that we can improve this.Please feel free to call 01902 847111 to discuss further.

Love my job!!!

I can honestly say I’m in my ideal career! I went for interview, it was in depth and thorough. Fantastic training provided and a brilliant team within the East Midlands branch! I am over the moon to be a member of Apollo and will be remaining for years to come !

Pros

Fabulous training, great flexibility in hours, ideal if you’re in university and looking for work along side.

Cons

Only down sides are no mileage paid and no training pay

29 November 2017
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We will feed this back to the East Midlands office. We also hope you continue to enjoy working here for years to come.

Terrible company, back stabbing staff

Don’t ever consider working for this company, they promise you packages then you get moved because of the backstabbing and lies. Then you are left without any work and they don’t even bother to find other packages for you (even though you see packages being advertised on job sites) !!! Very few staff seem to care genuinely for the clients they are just money orientated and will even stop new PA’s from joining their package so they have more hours.

Pros

Hourly rate ok

Cons

Everything else

7 November 2017
Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that you feel this wayWe always endeavour to ensure that current staff are transferred to other packages wherever possible.

Worse place I have ever signed up for!

Be aware they lie to get you in, make everything sound great and that they could offer me loads of hours and work but once I got through recruitment they didn't actually have any work for me. They told me not to sign up to any other agency because they had loads of work coming in and I had no income for a whole month! no one ever actually got back to me from the office and the work they did offer me was not worth getting out of bed for. Its a joke! don't say I didn't warn you!!

21 November 2017
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you have taken.Please be assured that all of our staff have regular hours on a time sheet basis and a rota planned a month in advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Apollo Home Healthcare with

Learn about Apollo Home Healthcare in popular locations

• Apollo Home Healthcare
  • Home Care Aide
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?