Apollo Home Healthcare logo

Apollo Home Healthcare Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Very rewarding job

I really enjoy my job as a complex care assistant. The job is very rewarding and you get to know the service users and their families very well. The interview was good and they made me feel relaxed. The training is good and appropriate to your role although you have to travel and it isn’t paid. Sometimes communication isn’t the best with office staff but they have always got back to me at a relatively fast pace usually within a few days and are apologetic for any delays.Rota’s are weekly but sometimes hours can change which can be difficult when you requested certain hours at your interview.

Pros

Service users and their families. Good rates of pay.

Cons

Unpaid training. Don’t pay mileage.

Nice and happy job role

Apollo are the kind of company you want to work for when you like to manage your own time, shifts are flexible and always shifts available. Lots of benefits and support, always happy to help you with your help in return to worth while. Pay is good rate pay. Clients have all the need within there home from apollo to ensure you can meet all needs and feel confident and happy in the environment.

Pros

Flexible hours and supportive staff

Cons

Some long days, (not a big deal for me)

My best health care job place so far

It is a zero hour contract but once you have your client you can keep and always go to the same family. I work with children. All clients and they family are lovely. We have a very good support from the office. Good hour rate, good collegues.

Pros

Cons

No much higher night and weekend hour rate

Love the package/ management no support

I love working with a great team within one package. Not really any support from management couldn’t even name some of them because i dont know who they are. Rates of pay isnt too bad. Weekly pay is good with regular payslips and rotas.Would prefer to have more support from management but its the same issues across various companies I work in care to care for clients as they make the job enjoyable as you feel appreciated from clients and their families

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Very little support from management

Good

I was in my last job for 17 years, so it was a massive step for me, especially for the financial side, Would there be enough hours? as my income is the only income. but 5 months in there are plenty of full time hours, I have a set rota which is 4 nights a week, and if I feel I need extra shifts on top, I ask the office if there are any more available, and they always accommodate. I Am very happy in my role, of course it can be stressful at times, but most jobs are! The service users I care for are lovely, and all of the care staff I have met while working for Apollo are really nice, hard working and dedicated to the service users they care for. I feel the office staff are really good, friendly, fair, and easy to get hold of and talk too. So all in all I think it’s a good place to work for

Excellent training and a great placement.

Firstly, I commend the company for the outstanding training process which is thorough and informative.I have thoroughly enjoyed working with my service user, it is a rewarding placement. Working in the family home is a privilege; it is important to get the balance right as you are not a family friend but a professional carer.The hardest part of the job is not being physically active during a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of achievement when you have done a great day of caring.Throughout my first weeks, management staff have been kind, understanding and always on hand to help.

Pros

The reward of helping to improve someone's day.

Cons

There may not be enough hours to make the salary viable.

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Office staff are very polite and friendly. Although at the moment I don't have enough hours as they are new in city where I live which I do understand. The management are trying their best. Shadowing shifts pay rate very low, the training not paid. Overall very good company, the management are very supportive and approchable. I did care for 7 years so far is the best company and I will strongly recommend working for them.

Good pay but they don't treat you well

Starts off fine then you see the real Apollo how they treat you. They take hours off you and then give you too many 1 week. New staff members are given pick of the hours so yours are changed to suit them. Training is un paid not even mileage is given to go to Peterborough.

Pros

Pay, benefits, flexible hours

Cons

No breaks as lone worker, hours aren't secure, 0 hour contract, no sick pay

Dont get paid for training

Expected to do induction for 3 full days but not get paid. Never worked anywhere you dont get paid for training! Say you have a package then, try to get you to work all over. Lucky if you get a response from office

Worst company ive ever worked for!!

Very confusing and stressful dont know their left from their right in that office and send you working long distancesExpect you to be available constantly as your rota ever changing like you don't have a life with a family and responsibilities 🙄.Staff very sarcastic uptight and try low key bully you. You don't get paid for shifts that you work wages are short. I've heard other staff not being paid for their annual leave 😒. As I said I been in care 9 years my worst experience ever!!! Was only employed for 3 weeks and I been through all this. Would not recommend this company treat you like ur to answer to them. Goodbye Apollo get it together!!

Pros

free training

Cons

Don't get paid for hours of training

Jobs at Apollo Home Healthcare

See more jobs

Recent employee

I have recently just became an employee at Apollo and they have been ever so helpful helped me through each step of the process and have great communication. Have great benefits and very helpful when needed. Would highly recommend

Pros

Great company

Good company to work for.

I've worked for Apollo for about 18 months. Office staff are lovely, very helpful and supportive. I support a lovely client and the family are fab, make you feel very welcome in to their home. My hours are the same each week which is good and gives a good home/work balance. The trainng received is to a high standard.

Pros

Lovely clients, Good pay and training

Happy in my role

I have worked with Apollo for 3 years now and have a wonderful team around me, we discuss our differences openly and praise each other for achievements, whilst the role is fast paced it helps to have the support of a great manager, laughter fills the office when appropriate. Standards of HCA's are high and can honestly say we've got some fantastic ones. Higher management are great also

Pros

Good leadership, good environment

Cons

Na

Very good company to work for

I have worked with apollo for approximately 5months and have thoroughly enjoyed working there. The management team are very supportive and helpful, keep training upto date and gives good rates of pay and plenty of notice with rotas.

Pros

Rates of pay, work life balance, management

Cons

Unpaid training

I like working with apollo . Management are great .

Apollo has been a very good company to work for and I hope to work for them for a long time. I have enjoyed team work and support from management. However I still believe the salaries should be more, online you get to see different pay rate to the actual rate you been paid for . If you are looking for a company to start your career with i will definitely recommend apollo.

Pros

People, development and training

Cons

When my client passes away

More transparency regarding wages and jobs.

Good company to work for, stands out from other recruitment agencies, very efficient in training. Good communication from office,easily approachable.However, there is room for improvement,in terms of training and pay.

Pros

Flexible working conditions

Cons

Training not paid for. 2days of training without pay is too much.

Apollo are FAB ❤

I haven't been with Apollo for very long, but I've got nothing but praise for the WV7 team. They are on the ball, friendly and approachable! Day or Night I could call with a query and be sure that the person on the other side will give me proper practical advice. The clinical team have excellent knowledge and the training is thorough with out in the field training to support all staff. My interview was great, very thorough and covered alot of topics. The best part of this job is getting to know the clients and their families - knowing that we are making a difference to their lives. Also meeting lots of different new people! The communication from the office is SUPERB, and they always follow up with a call.

Pros

Schedule, Hours, Flexibility, Clients, Office Team, Staff

Cons

Nothing Yet!

New to apollo

Company are good to work for flexible hours to work around home life and office staff are friendly and offer a wide range of training. They dont pay for all training what i think they should as they can be quite long days and the some times 2 a week.

Pros

flexiable working hours

Cons

dont get paid for training

Good company

I have worked at Apollo for over a year , stable work and supportive. My only critique of them is that training days are not paid for, certifications are not issued to the worker even though training is undertaken in your own time and mileage is not paid for which is standard at other companies. It takes a while to be placed in a new package and payments varies for different packages rather than unsociable working hours with no information on wage rates when agreeing packages. Some agencies try to pile on the work and guilt trip you into taking more work than you require ... this agency is not like that, if you say no , then no it is. Merseyside office staff very supportive and are oncall 24 hours to help with problems.

Pros

supportive and knowledgeable office staff

Cons

Expenses not covered i.e petrol, toll etc which acts as a barrier work for many workers on a low income

Official response from Apollo Home Healthcare

30 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad to hear you feel supported in your role with us.We do not pay for training but we do offer many other benefits to reward our care staff and recognise their hard work, such as a 6 and 12 month loyalty rewards, quarterly prize draws and a staff reward scheme. Hopefully you have received all of the information on these incentives but if you need to know more please ask a member of the Merseyside office team who would be happy to help. Thank you again for taking to time to leave us a review!

Great

Great company to work with especially if you hardworking. Kind and friendly consultants who are always willing to help out in need of help or assistance. Since I started working in the company ,i have always had my hours of work i want every week which are flexible.

Awful company, lots of empty promises.

never got paid once when I joined up, asked at interview what hours I could work, promised hours i could do, sent to meet clients, then told night shifts only, ended up having to fight ti get my dbs refunded after a month with no work, take people on, do your training on your own time and no fuel allowance, then never get placed anywhere, not a job you could make a living out of. Would never attempt to work for them again.

Pros

Cons

all the above and more besided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement