Appello (UK)

Appello (UK) Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom27 reviews

trainingstaffcompanygoodmanagementgreatworkjob

Great job

I have found working at Appello very rewarding, and work life balance is perfect for me. Training was very good and supportive. I thought I would struggle because I was working alone from home after being in my previous job for 18 years but it went at a pace I found easy to understand and advanced quickly and well. I would recommend working for Appello if your looking for a job you can work from home and feel your really making a difference by supporting service users to remain in their own homes

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Having to work bank holidays and weekends

Official response from Appello (UK)

15 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased that you are enjoying your role with us at Appello and that you are benefitting from a good work life balance. Its great to hear that you felt supported through the training process, this is really important to us especially for the home workers. Thank you for being part of our team and making that difference– it is really appreciated!Gill Atkey, Monitoring Service Director

Help on hand when needed, great colleagues, flexible around home life and rewarding. Pay is not amazing and you cannot take time off during the Christmas period however this is understandable due to the role.

Insights into Appello (UK)

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Good Place to Work

I would recommend Appello as they are a good company the staff are friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome. There is a good work life balance as they don't hound you for overtime but it is there should you want to do extra.

Emergency Call Operator My FAV Job

When i first stared at Appello i was wary about my transition from a care home for 11+ years to being on my own working from home. This was soon over seen as the best decision id ever made.Helping elderly and venerable people live more independently at their own home, I love my role as a Emergency call operator and speaking to all the services users, its a great role and i'm really appreciated

First job I have had that I really love! Always busy and no day is ever the same. Amazing colleagues who are always happy to help when needed. Very supportive management and the CEO will always make time for his employees.

Great job but poor management

A great job, very rewarding. The management seems unaware of how difficult the hours can be though. Lots of support when training and help is always on hand.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Steange shifts and office in the middle of nowhere

Excellent Company

I have been working with Appello now since Mid May 2021, and I can honestly say I am extremely happy, both with my job role and the people throughout the company.From the start they have made me feel welcomed and are happy for me to ask questions where needed in my new job role.Directors and Upper Management are excellent and are as involved with you as a person, as much as your line manager is.

Pros

Working atmosphere, people, managers, lunch areas, clean and tidy, impressive IT solutions

Worst employer I’ve ever worked for.

Senior management have no idea what they are doing. Constantly moving team leaders between departments. This place has a very high turnaround of staff for a reason. They’re not flexible, have stupidly high expectations of staff and with incapable management, makes for an unhappy workplace. The training is poor. You are only given negative feedback from the trainer/team leaders, even if it’s their poor training that’s the issue. Would never recommend this place to work. Plus quite a lot of the management are either related or friends therefore not much chance of progression.

Productive and friendly work environment

Everyone I have met so far at Appello has been extremely helpful and welcoming which creates a very enjoyable work environment. My training was very clear and thorough so when I went out on shift I was confident on my own, however there is always someone happy to help if needed. It is a nice relaxed but productive work environment, there is a nice kitchen so you can leave food in the fridge, heat things up in the microwave etc.

Pros

Knowing your rota months in advance

Cons

Being on a computer for long hours

Overall feeling of belonging to something special

Great company to work for. Good team ethos with everyone pulling together.I feel like my opinion matters and have been made to feel very welcome since joining.

Pros

Positive attitudes throughout the company

Cons

None so far

Forward thinking management, nice workplace culture.

I would highly recommend working at Appello for the following reasons: Excellent communications and involvement from the management team. Every person I have met, worked with or asked for help from at Appello has been generous with their time and have always been happy to help & discuss. Staff are valued highly and rather well looked after e.g. excellent facilities at the New Milton office, free parking, fruit provided everyday & tea coffee etc. all included. The company has clear growth strategy which I'm excited to be to part of.

Pros

Great culture, supportive team, never a dull day, free parking.

Cons

None yet.

great place to work

Customer interaction in a sales rolestraining on new and existing productsTraining on the systems that are in place at Appellooffering opinions on the future direction

Pros

everyone is really friendly and helpful

Cons

None so far

A great place to work.

I joined Appello earlier this year thinking it would be a job I kept for a couple of months whilst Covid-19 was forcing the country into lock down. I have been in for almost six months and I really enjoy the job. Every day is different, and every phone call is different. From my point of view the management are fantastic. I have another job along side this and on several occasions they have helped me in making sure, I have still have time to focus on what I consider my "career job". This includes changing my contracted hour to suit not only my 1st job but to suit the needs of my family in this challenging time. I can't thank them enough. There are many perks available including discounts on a pretty limitless range of products, holidays and vouchers. There are daily awards and small prizes (including leaving early) to be won for peer recognition. There are always career opportunities elsewhere in the company that the management prompt people to apply for. Appello offer a "refer a friend" scheme, whereby you can recommend a friend of family member for a financial bonus! There are good overtime incentives that can really boost you pay packet if you're willing to offer your services. All the people in the office are lovely, friendly and seem to help each other when needed or asked. It's a great place to work! Submit an application! You will not regret it.

Pros

perks, awards, great flexibility, professional working manor, approachable management.

Cons

None this far.

Really good company

Appello is an extremely welcoming company, who treat all their staff fairly. Everyone is really friendly and will help whenever it is needed. Overall a great company to work for.

Welcoming and friendly

The company from the top down couldn't be more welcoming. From a welcome email from the director to all the supervisors and training staff. The employees are all incredibly friendly and welcoming as well. The work life balance is very good with 4 on 4 off shift pattern.

Good work environment with plenty of support

I'm still new to the company as I have only been here a month, but my experience has been fantastic so far. Really great on hand training especially at a time like this with a Global Pandemic. The management have been great with clear guidelines and plenty incentives to keep moral going :) Free fruit, tea, coffee and juice is an added bonus plus warm and friendly work mates. What I like most about Appello is that there is a lot of opportunity for growth and development; and the team leaders map a clear plan of action to help achieve this.

Life at Appello

Appello is a great company to work for and everyone is so approachable. The nature of the position can be challenging but at the same time extremely rewarding. The company invests in each employee with goals to develop and support career growth.

Growing Company

I have worked at this company for a number of years and the reason I have stayed so long is because what we do is so important. This is a great company to work for if you want a job where you can make a difference. Management is fair and supportive. Salary is good with opportunity for overtime. The team work hard together and help each other. The company is growing rapidly and so there is a lot of room for growth and progression and the company really promotes this. They also offer lots of training and opportunities to complete distance learning courses.

Pros

Competitive salary, lots of opportunity for progression and advancing skills, rewarding job, great team.

Cons

Can be a stressful environment but given nature of business this is to be expected.

Good & Getting Better

- Try to do their best and listen to employee feedback. - fast growing and trying to manage bau and growth. - Transient staff due to pay and role. - Good succession planning.

Not the worst

It’s a good job for a bit of money, not too stressful though they add more to the workload as you progress through the job which may be stressful for some

Pros

9-5, temp to perm basis, friendly

Cons

A lot of sitting down

Temp dismissals

The job role itself was enjoyable however, extremely unorganised, chaotic and unappreciated. Lots of temps are employed meaning they can be dismissed without warning, myself being one of them. Caused a lot of upset and negative feelings towards the team leader and I was not treated fairly

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Uncomfortable environment with certain team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appello (UK). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement