Appetite4work

Appetite4work Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews

recommendflexibleteamhourstaffworkingtimeplace

Jobs aren’t that frequent

I do like agency jobs but the only problem I have is that the jobs weren’t that consistent and on multiple occasions I had to ask for my pay but the weekly pay is nice.

Flexible

The fact that you can always pick shifts when you want, that is amazing because you get to decide when and where you want to work. However the pay is low, the company needs to increase the pay; high cost of living!

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay

Insights into Appetite4work

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Productive and Fun workplace

Appetite4works is a great platform for anyone looking for jobs in the catering industry. I applied for several positions and within a few days had an interview with one of them. The website was easy to use and had all the information I needed. It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking for work in catering and any other related roles.

Pros

Free Lunches

easy not tied to rota

easy and not tied to a rota but ideally need to drive as you can’t get to most of the places without a car unless ur prepared to pay for taxis but sometimes that’s covered by appetite or the company ur working for that day. Hours can be very long but that’s not appetite that’s mainly the employers through appetite and some of the jobs aren’t great but again that’s the companies that use appetite

Pretty good place to work

Good place to work. Some places can be cliquey but overall everyone is friendly (including the managers). Weekly pay is also very good so if you want money fast this is good

Fun workplace and good pay

Consultant offers great support and you are paid well. It’s also flexible and so you choose your own shifts. Loads of the events I work at are very fun and gives an opportunity to make friends.

Good flexible work

I love the flexibility. If you don't want to work you do not need to. Everyone I have spoken has been nice and everywhere I've been to I've been treated well. Paid on time.

Pros

Good pay, helpful staff, flexibility

Cons

There isn't always local work, right type

Waiter

Loved the shifts at the Brewery, which is the main place, but after Christmas there were not many events (at least when I was working there), so I had to go to other places like the o2. Football stadiums as well were not an option since after the season ends there is basically no work there.

Pros

Flexibility, meeting people and being able to have fun at work.

Cons

Poor management sometimes and lack of work during summer.

Okay if you are a student

It’s okay for your first job out of school if you want to make some money in the summer. It’s very laidback, there’s no set amount of shifts you have to do

too many workers not enough jobs!!!

not enough jobs to go around and often end up on a waitlist, absolutely no training aswell. pays great but not worth the stress.

Rffvvv

It was okay working here. The recruitment process was the best best part of this company as it does not discriminate and allows you to start working at the age of 18. The work environment was good as it consisted of many people with different cultural backgrounds who were friendly and cooperative. However the disappointing areas within the company were the salary and management staff as there were instances of unregular work shifts and lower pay compared to other agencies.

Very flexible but a bit disorganised

Great flexibility with types of jobs (waiting, bartending, cleaning, etc. good for skillset levels) and days/hours (job offers come almost daily, and shifts may range from 4hours-12 at your own personal convivence). Especially good for part-time work; for me it's good for the spare cash. And pay is decent for the level of skill required. I also like the different job locations all around London so it can be a nice change of atmosphere each time.HOWEVER, management can be quite disorganised. For instance, too many people may apply for one job offer than needed and most end up not doing anything on arrival (or aren't assigned a task to do) which can lead to unnecessary crowding of space. In addition, the company needs to organise more training days to teach skills for more advanced jobs to provide more opportunities to people. Overall some areas will need to be improved but I'd recommend this place of work for part-time and NOT to be your main source of income.

Productive and fun workplace

Would recommend this agency to everyone and anyone good staff everyone working has a good work ethic the timings are flexible and the location are really close by and the venues are beautiful and it’s not a stressful job You can learn a lot from this job and the staff are welcoming and easy to get along with

job satisfaction

as a chef over 50 i find this work easier than in a main high street restaraunt ,hotel or pub i can dictate my own hours and availability ,the covid pandemic seriously damaged the catering industry giving me thought to look at less stressfull jobs agency work on a temp job basis dose this for me

Great place

A great agency to be apart of with a responsive and accommodating team, plus good pay. Have been a great help for me during this lockdown And have various good shifts

Great for regular work

Great company. Responsive employees and the chance to work at some amazing events and produce some exquisite food. From corporate events in the city, sports stadiums and also private healthcare too. There is something for everyone. I am thankful. :-)

good for part time casual work

flexible hours. good choice of shifts and places to work at. only suitable if you drive as locations are often not accessible by public transport. pay is slightly higher than other agencies in the area.

Fun

It’s a fun relaxed place to work at with really flexible hours perfect for a second job or school. You might not be busy busy with work all the time so it isn’t ideal if you want to work full time.

Pros

Free lunches

Helpful and friendly advisors

Pleasant to work for. Can’t guarantee you’ll always have work but most jobs you’re sent to are pleased to see you. Pay not bad but can always be improved.

Cool, work in different places. if you keep picking up shifts a one venue they'll keep offering you shifts there. Can be tiring when you're 6 hours in.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

waiting, cleaning positions are tiring.

productive and fun workplace

perfect for students who are trying to earn that extra bit of money over the holidays or in term time as you can pick the exact shifts when you do or don't want to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appetite4work. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement