Apple Home Improvements

Apple Home Improvements Employee Reviews

Fun

Very fun friendly place to work, always lots of incentives to make you want to work even harder than normal! Big company always lots going on and to look forward too.

Accounts Office - busy & supportive environment

I absolutely loved working at Apple Home Improvements. Not only was my team collaborative and supportive but they made me feel taken care of and valued as an employee. Loved the moral and fun/friendly vibe inside the office. This is largely due to the leaders within, please never loose touch of this mentality! Work hard and you will be rewarded here. Overall the guys on site are very down to earth characters very easy to build great working relationships. A very busy place. Which keeps you on your toes. Progression encouraged but can be a slow process as established people stay put.

Pros

Free parking ..Cribbys food hut ! ...xmas bonus...early fri finish ..free coffee

Cons

The Coffee brand.

Great place with lots of support

I've been working here for over three years. Its not a cowboy firm as some would lead you to believe. The quality of the products is excellent. The hours can be long (but not mandatory) for canvassers - but they are made aware of this before accepting the job; and the more hours they work, the more money they can make. Great company that supports it staff; lots of opportunity for advancement. Highly recommended.

Pros

Good culture; good salary

Cons

Bournemouth offices lack windows

Great Company

I have worked for Apple for a few years now and find that they look after their staff and will try to help and support you wherever they can. Great company to work.

Pros

Job security

Great, Positive & Friendly Place To Work

I have been at Apple for almost 10 years now. It is the most friendly Direct Sales company I have worked at. The Management are considerate and make sure that all staffs needs are met. Its a friendly environment, albeit there are always the pressures that come in a Sales environment with a lot of testosterone being thrown around... But as sales company go they are honest reliable and always endeavor to ensure the staff they employ are capable, experienced, equipped and able to offer a great service to their customers.

Pros

Friendly Relaxed Workplace

Cons

Fast paced environment with high standards of customer care expected.

travelling

It's was okay but annoying when I had to work in the rain all day. My colleague's are quite funny and a bubbly personality including my manager. I was successful at my job it just wasn't for me.

Pros

free travel

Cons

Good money, don't trust the management

I was clearing 500 a week in commission at one point pitching roof insulation over the phone for the exeter office. Then one day with no warning, some guys from head office burst in and kicked us all out, changed the locks and did not give us a single penny of our 100 quid weekly basic or our commission. Disgusting. Don't trust these cowboys as far as you can throw them, make your money but have something else lined up and realise your job is not safe.

Pros

Great Money, flexible hours

Cons

No job security

Very busy and loud workplace

In this role I have learned that taking care of customers can sometimes be very hard work, this meant that ive learned to deal with customers complaints and problems and I was able to solve them on my own. My co-workers were very lovely people and very helpful.

Pros

Salary was not bad

Good place to work, long hours for just sitting on the phones. Management could improve. However loved working there with the staff around me .. Working there six days a week. The staff got me through some of the days

Pros

Good bonus'

Cons

Do not work for this firm

This company is nothing but a scam, they will refuse to pay wages and will threaten you if you try to question them. I left and expected my final paycheck which never came. When I went into the office to try and sort this, because my emails and phone calls were being ignored. I was met only with aggression from the sales manager at Bournemouth branch. Their marketing manager there will lie to you to get you on board and try to claim they are amazing to work they are not. Steer clear of these people

Cons

Failure to pay, unprofessional

Fun work place with enthusiastic colleagues

I worked for a short period of time at Apple Home Improvements on commission. The work environment was very motivating and my other colleagues were very friendly and hard working.

Cons

Difficult customers

Horrible!

Horrible hours, terrible mmoney, under minimum wage, bonuses not paid. Office closed completely and me and my colleagues all lost our jobs with no prior notice!!

An awful experience!

It was okay when I started but they kept changing the goalposts, and always it was detrimental for the reps; prices were nearly doubled - and they weren't cheap to start with - and the commissions reduced by two-thirds. Absolutely disgusting. And if anyone left, they didn't get paid what they were owed. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Nil.

Cons

Huge mileage at your own expense.

Hard Working and fun at the same time

I would get into the office and start cold calling customers to book windows, conservatories, fsg and various other exterior home improvements. I learned about good communication and telephone manner, Data Protection Act, be organised and well dressed. My co - workers were all competing to get the best sale of the week and there were incentives for this. The hardest part of my job would the hours 10 - 7 and the enjoyable part would be going into the office ready to work each day knowing you can get incentives at the end of the week.

Pros

If enough commision made for the whole team then get incentives

Cons

Long hours, salary based on commision

people were welcoming

a typical day at work included cold calling. i didn't joy this job as customers on the other end of the phone were not always the nicest of people.

Pros

good hours

Cons

had to meet target

Not bad for that step on the ladder!

I had worked for Apple Home Improvements for 2 weeks and had left as the pay structure was based entirely on commission and was not suitable for my needs.If one wishes to simply gain some experience in Sales then this position would be ideal, but if one is looking for serious career development then it probably is not the best option- particularly for graduates.

Pros

front-line sales experience

Cons

poor pay structure- vague.

Highly motivated & productive workplace

A typical day at work would begin by attending the office and showroom an hour before team deployments. If a customer was in the showroom, enquiring about a product or the company, it was my responsibility as an employee to deal with the customer and provide as much of the service and information the customer was looking for.Whilst in this job I quickly learned how to 'pitch' a product, to look for a need or want within the customer that we could fulfil, and deal with objections in a non-confrontational manner.My manager was particularly professional, and was understanding to all the employee's personal needs, however, as the hours during weekdays were from 11am to 7pm standard, it became difficult to balance work and my other committments.The most enjoyable part of the job was booking an appointment with a customer who was in clear need of our products as there would be a clear benefit to that person's home.

Pros

excellent management & high rate of commission pay

Cons

46 hour weeks minimum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement