Apple Home Improvements

Apple Home Improvements Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

travelling

It's was okay but annoying when I had to work in the rain all day. My colleague's are quite funny and a bubbly personality including my manager. I was successful at my job it just wasn't for me.

Pros

free travel

Cons

Great place with lots of support

I've been working here for over three years. Its not a cowboy firm as some would lead you to believe. The quality of the products is excellent. The hours can be long (but not mandatory) for canvassers - but they are made aware of this before accepting the job; and the more hours they work, the more money they can make. Great company that supports it staff; lots of opportunity for advancement. Highly recommended.

Pros

Good culture; good salary

Cons

Bournemouth offices lack windows

Good money, don't trust the management

I was clearing 500 a week in commission at one point pitching roof insulation over the phone for the exeter office. Then one day with no warning, some guys from head office burst in and kicked us all out, changed the locks and did not give us a single penny of our 100 quid weekly basic or our commission. Disgusting. Don't trust these cowboys as far as you can throw them, make your money but have something else lined up and realise your job is not safe.

Pros

Great Money, flexible hours

Cons

No job security

Very busy and loud workplace

In this role I have learned that taking care of customers can sometimes be very hard work, this meant that ive learned to deal with customers complaints and problems and I was able to solve them on my own. My co-workers were very lovely people and very helpful.

Pros

Salary was not bad

Good place to work, long hours for just sitting on the phones. Management could improve. However loved working there with the staff around me .. Working there six days a week. The staff got me through some of the days

Pros

Good bonus'

Cons

Fun work place with enthusiastic colleagues

I worked for a short period of time at Apple Home Improvements on commission. The work environment was very motivating and my other colleagues were very friendly and hard working.

Cons

Difficult customers

Horrible!

Horrible hours, terrible mmoney, under minimum wage, bonuses not paid. Office closed completely and me and my colleagues all lost our jobs with no prior notice!!

An awful experience!

It was okay when I started but they kept changing the goalposts, and always it was detrimental for the reps; prices were nearly doubled - and they weren't cheap to start with - and the commissions reduced by two-thirds. Absolutely disgusting. And if anyone left, they didn't get paid what they were owed. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Nil.

Cons

Huge mileage at your own expense.

Hard Working and fun at the same time

I would get into the office and start cold calling customers to book windows, conservatories, fsg and various other exterior home improvements. I learned about good communication and telephone manner, Data Protection Act, be organised and well dressed. My co - workers were all competing to get the best sale of the week and there were incentives for this. The hardest part of my job would the hours 10 - 7 and the enjoyable part would be going into the office ready to work each day knowing you can get incentives at the end of the week.

Pros

If enough commision made for the whole team then get incentives

Cons

Long hours, salary based on commision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement