Apple

Apple Employee Reviews

Apple by far has been the best place I’ve worked, what you’d expect it to be, is what is is! I was treated extremely well there, in the 2 years I worked there I never had any problems!
Pros
The work culture is amazing
Cons
No Cons
I absolutely loved my 4 years at Apple, and only left due to relocating 2 hours away. Whilst it can get mega busy, the customers for the most part are lovely, and I really enjoyed getting to know them. I very quickly learnt that sometimes you end up as a therapist to customers, as we saw a lot of older people who liked to come in for a chat. The team was great, although like anywhere, there will be some Clique behaviour. Management was great and always kept the mood and energy up. Apple employ people from all backgrounds and walks of life, which was great as I became friends with people who I wouldn’t of met otherwise. The staff benefits/discounts are fantastic, and they also offer free private health care(aswell as many more). If there was an Apple store opening near me, I wouldn’t hesitate to apply because it was the best job I’ve ever had, and the company genuinely care about their staff.
Pros
Great staff, Management that cares, great customers, upbeat atmosphere, Staff discounts
Cons
Sometimes cliques from, but this happens most places.
Worked in metro centre, the role specialist comes natural its very creative store, felt valued and learned a lot of self development, learning different ways of using tech is everyday life, staff from different backgrounds as one friendly unit, lifestyle is very nice and we'll respected
Pros
Diversity
Several years ago, Apple retail was a great company to work for. Things changed in the UK as growth increased. Wages went down or stagnated, staff became disillusioned as the jobs became tougher.Employee benefits seem great if you use many of them. Staff discount is not amazing and often can only used once or limited within a given time-frame. Often, staff will be expected to put in unpaid hours so as to hit targets that affect your annual salary increases (usually minimal). Some managers will block your career advancement if you don't go along with them.The company (in the UK) seems that it's a great one to work for but is badly let down by managers who are the usual characters you will find at any UK retail store. More often than not, the managers are poorly paid and totally are driven by their own ambition. Many DO NOT care about the best interests of their staff and will move from store to store or rotate roles within a location.It is hard work being in any customer facing role especially the service side (repairs and support). Staff turn over can be very high at certain times of the year which is ignored as there is no shortage of applicants willing to fill the roles. Getting employed is pot luck depending on location and position applied for. Usually it helps if you stand out in some way rather than what experience you have.You may be lucky to work alongside some amazing people but more often than not you get the same experience as working for other UK retail companies. Staff routinely take sick leave or skive at some of the larger locations due to poor management, - more...
Pros
Job security if you survive probation and get lucky at your location
Cons
Long hours, extremely busy, rude entitled customers and inept managers.
Honestly I hated my time at Apple. The people made it somewhat enjoyable but the managers at my store were awful. There was clear favouritism and one of the managers made me feel so awful about my confidence I had to leave. In the time I was there (6 months) I couldn’t book any holiday off not even one day that I wanted for my birthday. Other members of staff had somehow got 3 weeks off approved and one person 3 months?! They hired me on a 20 hour contract which they spread over 5 days, it was stated at the time of the interview that 20 hours would turn into full time. It did not. If you do get a job at Apple take full advantage of all the discounts and benefits.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Hire you on a part time contract, horrible leadership, favouritism
Interesting culture, quite ambiguous at times but important to keep talking to people to find out where you can fit in. Enjoyable to work with so many intelligent people.
Pros
Smart people everywhere
Cons
Highly ambiguous if you are junior
Working in any retail can be challenging, and with Apple there’s the added high expectation from customers. I have found that as long as you stay positive you’ll have a good time. Management tend to be focused on keeping staff happy and there is room to sell the correct thing to customers, not upselling.
You are better off working at any retail job. Nothing special about this job, especially the pay. 4 interviews for a basic paying job with no real spirit just, “hey your working for Apple”.
Pros
Free Nando’s at team meetings
Cons
Pay, culture
By far the best working environment. The team became my closest friends and family. I felt recognised as an individual with a unique skill set that could contribute positively to the team. The team of employees all had this unique drive with the same one intention to embrace peoples needs and enable them to better their life using technology. I left the job with extremely valuable skills, memorable stories to tell and a several life long buddies.
Pros
The culture
Cons
I can't think of any
Over working at Stormfront apple, it was perfect, it was fun, I learned so much and my love for Apple grew and grew over 8 months that I was there. I gained a good relationship with the customers and helped the, learn more about there products. A typical day for me would be a Friday as I would be at college from Monday to Thursday. Usually it would start off busy but then throughout the day it would slow down. But I would find things to do to keep busy I.e. stock the shelves if they look empty.
Pros
Got good incentives
Cons
Could be slow somedays
Apple are a very organised company that treat you very well, providing good faciliteas for their staff and very considerate to members of the public, I can highly recommend them to anyone seeking employment with Apple.
Pros
Good pay rate
Has a good time working for Apple would highly recommend any friends or family to go and work there. Fast paced but still enjoyable at the same time. G
I had a fantastic time working for apple. I learned a lot about how to give and receive feedback, and a lot about empathy/sympathy. Working on the Genius Bar taught me about time management and setting expectations among many other interpersonal skills. Management for the largest part is very supportive and willing to help you progress. Everyone gets along in teams, and is willing to help one another out. The people are the best part of Apple.
Pros
Free lunches, supportive management, fantastic benefits.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Managers have their favorites. They will prioritize people who suck up to the management then people who are genuine hard working. I was on a temporary contract and worked very hard during the Christmas time. I was on top relating to the sales and service but when giving the permanent contract i was ignored with few other hard working people. People who got the job was someone who would always sweet talk to the managers or had a relative already working there. Very very sad experience with management in trafford center.
Pros
Discounts and colleagues
Cons
Management -
Need to be more advancement opportunities. Ability to earn commission not there. Great to get involved with the business team, actively encouraged to recruit business clients for them.
Every day starts as a team, with collaboration and a little competitiveness throughout the day. I really enjoyed working for such a fun and welcoming company!
You feel looked after and genuinely a part of a team. They consider you equal and there is not a barrier between you attaining knowledge and experience from colleagues that have been around longer than you
They were amazing to work for - so supportive and attentive The Management were supportive, training is consistent and clear, money and benefits were the best have ever had.
I was initially very excited to work for this company and I was promised the world in terms of the skills I would obtain, the work environment I would supposedly thrive in and a speedy development process. However, after a year I realised that the management was more focused on promoting individuals based on their age as opposed to people with a high performance level and commitment. I met some great colleagues and customers during my time, but ultimately it taught me more about what I didn't want to do for a living long-term.
Teams are very isolated. Management expects you to listen to them and your views are rarely taken into consideration. Contractors are viewed very poorly and there is open discrimination against contractors including seating arrangement, work flexibility, type of work etc. Workplace bullying is rampant. Most work is done by contractors.
The office environment was incredibly relaxed and stress-free. It was an enjoyable experience to contract with Apple. While I was a contractor, not actually employed by Apple, I worked within the Apple Maps office.
Pros
Relaxed office environment
  1. Employee reviews