Apple

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

Found 162 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,475 reviews

Outstanding Company - Poor career development

The only blind spot at Apple is there's no traditional progression road map for employees. Particularly in corporate. Excellent people are hired for their excellent skills, then are sort of left there in the same role for 5-10 years. It's difficult to move roles and virtually impossible to cross borders and move internationally. This was a deal breaker for me and the reason I left the business. For many people their life long desire is to work at Apple. Unless you join the business at the pinnacle of your potential, its rare to climb the ladder. Often Apple looks externally to fill Senior vacancies - this is poor form with so much talent on the bench.

Pros

Mostly all of it - great organisation

Cons

Lack of career progression

Diversity

Worked in metro centre, the role specialist comes natural its very creative store, felt valued and learned a lot of self development, learning different ways of using tech is everyday life, staff from different backgrounds as one friendly unit, lifestyle is very nice and we'll respected

Pros

Diversity

Run of the mill UK retail managers let down the experience

Several years ago, Apple retail was a great company to work for. Things changed in the UK as growth increased. Wages went down or stagnated, staff became disillusioned as the jobs became tougher.Employee benefits seem great if you use many of them. Staff discount is not amazing and often can only used once or limited within a given time-frame. Often, staff will be expected to put in unpaid hours so as to hit targets that affect your annual salary increases (usually minimal). Some managers will block your career advancement if you don't go along with them.The company (in the UK) seems that it's a great one to work for but is badly let down by managers who are the usual characters you will find at any UK retail store. More often than not, the managers are poorly paid and totally are driven by their own ambition. Many DO NOT care about the best interests of their staff and will move from store to store or rotate roles within a location.It is hard work being in any customer facing role especially the service side (repairs and support). Staff turn over can be very high at certain times of the year which is ignored as there is no shortage of applicants willing to fill the roles. Getting employed is pot luck depending on location and position applied for. Usually it helps if you stand out in some way rather than what experience you have.You may be lucky to work alongside some amazing people but more often than not you get the same experience as working for other UK retail companies. Staff routinely take sick leave or skive at some of the larger locations due to poor management, -

Pros

Job security if you survive probation and get lucky at your location

Cons

Long hours, extremely busy, rude entitled customers and inept managers.

Dynamic and in your hands

Interesting culture, quite ambiguous at times but important to keep talking to people to find out where you can fit in. Enjoyable to work with so many intelligent people.

Pros

Smart people everywhere

Cons

Highly ambiguous if you are junior

Tough but rewarding

Working in any retail can be challenging, and with Apple there’s the added high expectation from customers. I have found that as long as you stay positive you’ll have a good time. Management tend to be focused on keeping staff happy and there is room to sell the correct thing to customers, not upselling.

Productive and fun

Over working at Stormfront apple, it was perfect, it was fun, I learned so much and my love for Apple grew and grew over 8 months that I was there. I gained a good relationship with the customers and helped the, learn more about there products. A typical day for me would be a Friday as I would be at college from Monday to Thursday. Usually it would start off busy but then throughout the day it would slow down. But I would find things to do to keep busy I.e. stock the shelves if they look empty.

Pros

Got good incentives

Cons

Could be slow somedays

Very enjoyable experience

Apple are a very organised company that treat you very well, providing good faciliteas for their staff and very considerate to members of the public, I can highly recommend them to anyone seeking employment with Apple.

Pros

Good pay rate

Good

Has a good time working for Apple would highly recommend any friends or family to go and work there. Fast paced but still enjoyable at the same time. G

Great culture, fast paced!

I had a fantastic time working for apple. I learned a lot about how to give and receive feedback, and a lot about empathy/sympathy. Working on the Genius Bar taught me about time management and setting expectations among many other interpersonal skills. Management for the largest part is very supportive and willing to help you progress. Everyone gets along in teams, and is willing to help one another out. The people are the best part of Apple.

Pros

Free lunches, supportive management, fantastic benefits.

Cons

Sometimes long hours.

Fun and Collaborative Working Environment

Every day starts as a team, with collaboration and a little competitiveness throughout the day. I really enjoyed working for such a fun and welcoming company!

Relaxed work-place

The office environment was incredibly relaxed and stress-free. It was an enjoyable experience to contract with Apple. While I was a contractor, not actually employed by Apple, I worked within the Apple Maps office.

Pros

Relaxed office environment

Cons

Good to start, limited progression.

Can start by learning a vast amount about the products and customer service. After about 6 months you would have settled into the role and this is where the job becomes somewhat tedious as day to day activities aren't varied. Very limited space to move up in the company as they prefer to hire externally for managers.

worth every experience i gained

I loved the experience it offered but was I not given a longer chance to shine.... I would recommend anyone who likes all apple products. My everyday experience was exciting and full of vibes. All the staffs were accommodating and happy to help and the morning meetings were always full of information and support on all levels.

Fast pace and fun with great work colleagues

apple was fun and fast pace, great team to work with and an amazing facility to always enjoy being in. Always anticipating high volume foot fall with a diverse range of problems to solve at the genius bar

Great People, Great Benefits, Great Work Ethic!

Working at Apple was a very enjoyable experience. The people you work with really make the job special and the benefits the company provide make for an incredible quality of life. Some of the challenges revolve around advancement as this seems to be linked to your own mobility and geographical flexibility. This has seemingly led to some tensions with the Managment as the tenure amongst them felt like progression and adaptability within everyday working life did not match that of the rest of the team. The management felt stale.

Fantastic

Fantastic opportunity that arose for me, working in a great company. Fantastic salary and benefits package, but due to the large size of the corporation, I found that career progression was a little stinted.

Good environment, lots of opportunities to learn from others and a friendly workplace. Well paid with good corporate benefits. A fair bit of opportunity to travel too

IT was ok

I worked for a Apple Solution Expert not for Apple themselves. It was ok. Someone I worked with made my life really difficult so decided to leave

Hated it

Hated every second of it People were grumpy no one had time for each other - sink or swim attitude . Really makes me think twice about being in the tech industry

Best place I’ve ever worked

It was so fun and fast paced. We had goals we would aim for as a team in my department as it was small with a few people, but the aim was to motivate us to work harder and more efficient. It’s nice being able to have a cuppa tea at work with Apple Music on whilst doing work in an non pressuring environment. I would recommend this job to everyone, it has a really great pay starting from £12+ after probation , amazing be fists and discountand more

Great work life. Amazing leadership bonuses were really good and achieveable. The work lode wasn't too much and I was very rarely stressed. Lots of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2