Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships Employee Reviews

Work Experince

It was very good I learned how to gain my customer service skills and how to manage with fast paced work, the work culture is very bright there are different races in the work office which is really great to see.

Employer Engagement and Commercial Learning Manager

Managing a team of tutors who are new to the apprenticeships standards and the changes to deliver. Seek need business via apprenticeships and commercial learning. Control a budget Public sector culture which holds back the fast pace needed in the apprenticeship sector.

intreseting

• Assisting with technical issues over the telephone. • Providing support to clients with the use of remote desktop. • Assisting with the cabling and setup of client’s IT equipment. • Maintaining IT equipment and ensuring that PC’s and any other IT equipment our clients may have to ensure the equipment functions correctly and doesn’t cause disruption to service.

Hard working

As I have just left school I have not worked within a company. I have worked for my uncle in his cafe and have learnt to listen, be empathetic, hard working and punctual. The hardest part of the job is being on my feet all day. The work place culture is fun and energeic. I enjoyed meeting the customers and serving the coffees.

Pros

The money and free lunches

Cons

Being on my feet all day

Interesting job

We intalled air conditioners to a very different places. I impoved my professional skills and I met a lot of good collegues. The hardest part was that we intalled the air conds to a high places

Pros

Travelling

Productive and challenging workplace

A typical day at work would be very busy. You are always on your feet, and learning new things. I learnt a lot whilst working at he CISI during our 'lunch and learns'. My opinion is that the CISI is managed brilliantly.

Pros

New challenges everyday

Cons

Travelling

Curriculum development manager

Start the day chasing up registers from different sites, chase the absentees, inform job centres of absences. Complete all registration paperwork to a high standard.working for a small training provider i learned the nature of the business and the amount of additional duties that were expected but not enough time to complete. My colleagues were brilliant always supporting and vice versa, I work well with people and am always willing to help others. The hardest part of my job was the lack of support from senior management and at times not implementing strategies and training for all staff. The most enjoyable part would be working with a great team and meeting the new learners at the start of the sessions when they are often very nervous and angry with being referred to the 10 day course, It made me feel very happy towards the end when learners complimented my delivery and wanted to stay longer.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Long hours late into the evening

Not a 9-5 working job

My working day varies, start times and finish times. My diary is very important to me, I would be lost without it. Being an Assessor can be a lonely job, a lot of travelling (which I love), but the best part is when I see my learners, see the progression through the qualification, them gaining confidence, knowledge and the difference in their work outlook, learners more aware of why they are carrying out certain procedures but also seeing them gain promotion within the work place. I have found I need to be very organised, good management skills and also good communication skills which I feel you need to carry out this type of work to ensure your learners gain their qualifications within the time frame.

Pros

Work my own hours

Cons

Lots of driving, can be a lonely profession

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apprenticeships. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement