Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews

United Kingdom483 reviews

Found 483 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,907 reviews

Stressful work environment

Short staffed, overworked, poorly paid. Disrespectful management.Did not are about employees, saw us a disposable. The whole team left due to depression, stress and physical problems.

Poor Management

Extremely poor management, Women managers especially, no appreciation. Talk down to you. Toxic environment. A little word of advice, Stay we’ll clear

Insights into Aramark

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Very Stressful place to work for

Work place and co workers vary stressful to work for also co workers are so nasty with other co workers .The site you work 9n is a good place to work very enjoyable atmosphere nice clients

Cleaner

Was only there for a month but what I can say is that it was long hours sometimes you didn’t finish till like 11.30 pm of thought you started at like 2pm Management was lovely and any problem he would deal with it straight away

Enjoyed working here

Liked working here,general manager would bend over backwards to accommodate childcare and in all of my years there i never had one cross word with him,cleaning manager was good too and helpful and would help you out if she could.All of the staff at Aramark were great and i really enjoyed my time there.

Totally amateur company

Having worked for some of the biggest companies in the world I can say Aramark are totally amateur and unprofessional. Their it systems are so out of date and slow , getting help from hq was non existent and as for the management they always turned up for client meeting etc in jeans etc no business dress sense whatsoever, avoid working for Aramark at all costs

Low pay, good if you're local, overtime available

It can get really busy and be good fun at times, Good people to work with,Communication not great,Some opportunities to work overtimeCan end up doing a mix of job roles

Pros

Can be a good laugh, fixed hours

Cons

Can be slow when it's quiet, can be moved about and put in different roles

Great work place

This was an amazing job until the manager left and you truly understood how much he shielded you from. Great clients just not a great company. No possible advancement.

Unbelievable management

One job turns into 4 but only paid for 1. No help from H R, payroll or senior managers.No empathy for any staff.Staff morale couldn't get any lower due to management.

Did not learn anything had no guidance

Too clicky people had worked there too long and did not like new comers was not a welcoming place to work not very nice people to work with was not a enjoyable company

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Challenging roles, good prospects for advancement

Apart from periodical reporting of financial accounting, my tasks were different most days, I mainly worked at various Military sites across Britain and Northern Ireland so the culture mainly came from that, this obviously involved lots of travelling, which was hard, the most enjoyable parts of the roles I had were training and developing mess accountants and the range of clients I dealt with.

Pros

good salary

Cons

Long hours, lots of travelling, away from home a lot

Offshore Steward

Staff treated awful, no benefits or advancement opportunities. 2 weeks on, 3 off. Sounds great but in the North Sea more often than not you'd have to stay on due to weather. No overtime, or thanks. If you worked hard, they would give you a chocolate bar from the tuck shop (no joke).

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours, treated like a slave

Not the best place to work

Fairly stressful because there is a lack of staff. Managers are rude and do not help you out when you confront them with a problem. However there is free breakfast and lunch included.

Pros

Free lunch included

Cons

Not enough staff

Terrible managers.

Management only care for themselves. Rewarding failure or under performing staff, while putting more pressure on the hard workers.You have to be a yes man to succeed in this company.

Pros

Difficult to tell.

Cons

Always under staffed.

Very happy at work

Been with Aramark 8 months and have loads of work, hr had been good to me and goin forward I would like to further my career within the company in higher role.

Pros

Free food, free gym, free sky TV, free sauna.

Cons

Just being AD-HOC is a pain for planning anything at home.

Shambles

If there was a stereotype of a example of a out source company it would be this firm. If there was a corner to be cut they cut it and then some. I worked in the prison in Bridgend. Which is run by a outsourcing company so aramark is a double outsource company so you can imagine the fun. The turnover was virtually weekly, unlike other firms it took months to replace staff due to checks needed for security, so that add to the fun.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Dangerous work place

Bad pay and get treated badly.

I have been at Aramark for 5 years as a chef, I use to be on approximately 60p more an hour then the food service assistants but after minimum wage increases my wage remained the same. The food service assistants just talk all day and I work a lot harder but I do not get rewarded. We have the food service supervisor on the kitchen staff backs but she just talks all day.

Really busy and stressful

Pros:Free LunchFriendly co workersExperience to put on CVCons:Long hours, stood at a till for 8 hrs (the other options were cleaning tables and putting cutlery into bags)So many customers it was literally one after anotherVery loud Same music on repeat Very stressful Had to walk though the entire building to get to my work area No free coffee/ drinks I asked them to move me to a different area 3 times and they never didPay is not worth having to deal with all of this

Student Job

This was a very flexible job at university, there were many shifts to pick up and you didn’t have to accept everyone. There was some travelling involved and a range of events which is great if you are sociable.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Some long/shift hours

Fun, flexible and easy going

Enjoy customer relations and staff are friendly, can sometimes be caught off guard on some days with unexpected arrivals which can be stressful but lots of help at hand.

Fun place to work

It was a fun job, but the pay didn't reflect the amount and quality of work that was expected to be turned out. I have worked hours that couldn't be justified being paid for. When I asked about a pay rise, I was told there wasn't enough money in the pot for that.

Pros

Free meals within a budget

Cons

Non competitive salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Aramark with

• Aramark
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?