Aramark

Aramark Pay & benefits reviews

Overall good place to work. You see the same customer every day as only people that allowed in the building can get in. Friendly and nice people. Monday-Friday working hours and all weekends and bank holidays off
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Higher management blamed lower level management who then blame ground level workers. If your face fits you might be ok. Very stressful and no consideration of work/life balance. Managers didn't manage!
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing, no work life balance, no benefits
I would work for them again . The management was good answered all the time ,wages always right , if you needed help they where there for you . I was sad to leave .
Pros
Cons
Some days long hours others short
Stressful and very childish back biting environment with no perks and you even have to pay for staff meals despite the food going in the bin?? No comeraship and a rat race to tell on people definitely not recommended!!
Pros
nothing free including staff meals
Cons
long hours and overworked
I have learnt a lot by working with Aramark. It's always good to know different ways of doing things. Lots of online training to complete which takes a long time
Pros
Free food
Aramark is a productive place to work at, colleagues are really nice and supportive, and the pay is less but consistent.We have other benefits as well.
Terrible rate of pay only minimum wage management poor the better the worker you are the more you get to do. people don't pull there weight get let off with it
Pros
Hours of work are good
Cons
Rate of pay poor
Under staffing, there's 3 drift contracts as thay toke over from a nuther company, the mod, ther is no benefits compared to the ones on old contract who get dubel time and extra holidays
The work life balance is the draw card here and being paid every four weeks is good too. Poor pension scheme and limited movement within the company so far.
Pay was okay. 0 hours contracted so suited me as I鈥檓 young so could basically choose when I could work. Management was good and were willing to try and help with any problems you had. Good at making sure you had all your health and safety levels.
Very clicky even big bosses, bullying from higher up, very stressful, little praise, if any at all? No training, ILL fitting uniforms. No job cover,no help support or guidance. Felt very very let down, left very stressed, had to go off sick because of the stress and job conditions,
Working for Aramark can be fun, challenging and rewarding depending on the site location, colleagues and upper management team overseeing said location. I'm rather lucky that I generally enjoyed my role within the company, and my line manager and fellow colleagues were great. The work wasn't too strenuous and the clients were very friendly too. Sadly, there was no job progression and the salary/Wage is fairly low in comparison to other sites/companies performing the same duties. To sum it up, Aramark isn't a bad company to work for, but neither is it great either.
If you're ad-hoc you might get a lot work on summer time but, not do much in winter time. Not a lot permanent slots. For what we do, we should get paid more.
My time at Aramark was very enjoyable, work was good but I like the traveling in between contracts. As long as work was done right and on time you were more or less left to get on with it. Help was always there if you needed it.
If you want to keep your health stay away. Worst employer I've come across. Worked on the minimum amount of staff to keep overheads down. If staff went sick we where expected to cover for them and do our own shift, as a chef we where expected to man the tills and serve the food if short staffed.
Pros
No positives
Cons
The company
I recommend for someone who need a life balance. It has minimum wages with 37.5 a week. Not bad, but if you want to save some money, you can not,just if you are not alone.
Pros
30 mins unpaid break
Management is diabolical don't know what their doing Short staffed all the time Constantly on your feet No confidentiality with management Lack of knowledge
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Clean , good organize, fear to work there , everyone knows them duty , and treat with the respect . You have free lunch, free coffee, tea . And manager make sure you are taking lunch break , I really enjoy and love work in my collective.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours
Worked there for 10years. Every year it got worse with cut backs. They try and manage with what little staff they have and keep piling on the work. They drop your hours and give you more work load, don't replace staff so you do a 4 man job with as little pay as they can get away with. Quality of food is dismal.
Pros
Met some great people. Sociable hours.
Cons
Management, pay, work load, take criticisms from client's about quality of food that we have to use.
Where I work management dont care about you or give any recognition for hard work. I am a Food Service Assistant, you are expected to do your own work but also everyone else's too, they will leave you short staffed and even threat to get rid of even more of you so they can save money so forcing others to work even harder. It is the bitchiest place I have ever worked in my life management are the worst for it. There is no good morale or any work incentives to make you want to try even a little bit for this company. Formal complaints are not dealt with in the correct manner and are ignored a lot of the time. I would never reccomend working for Aramark in the North Region I dont know what it is like in the South but For the Yorkshire Region they care only for the bases in Catterick.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish Managers, No incentive, No recognition for hard work, short staffed, too many agency that get paid alot more than you for the same job.
awful company from top to bottom very disorganised no praise for staff at all .Since they took over Hestia contract more staff are leaving than staying .