Arcadia Group

Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,757 reviews matching the search
Arcadia failed to move with the times and staff training and development subsided over the years .Poor management aided to high rate of staff turnover . Commitment and loyalty not recognised. Work home life balance not good. Reward and recognition also not good leading to poor staff moral .
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No set hours
Great place to work.. lovely people to work with. Has its ups and downs as lot of the staff are young and don’t get what hard work is. On the other hand a lot of the team are hardworking and professional
I worked for the Arcadia Group for 6 years in a management role, and while I was there Head Office put a lot off effort into developing the management into higher roles. I was fortunate to work with a (mostly) fantastic group of people, but sadly a few let the company down. I worked with 3 store managers: the first one set the bar really high and was great at his job and expected a high standard from all of us. The second was sadly incompetent and held the store back (she was eventually moved to a smaller store - HR just moved the problem elsewhere instead of dealing with it). The third was a bully who ground everyone down, spoke to people like dirt and intimidated lower level staff, to the point where I had to leave because the atmosphere was so horrendous. Such a shame as for many years it was a great place to work.
Pros
Uniform allowance, holidays, staff discount
Cons
No work-life balance, irregular shift patterns
Fun place, short hours, don't take work home. Fashionable. Staff discount. Low stress. Good job while at college. Friendly colleagued. Happy times. Safe place to work.
The staff were so friendly when I worked here over the Christmas period 2019 they were all up for a chat and was always there if there was a problem you needed to sort
Pros
4 hour shifts as was Christmas temp
Cons
Don’t get paid sick leave
Enjoyable job and workplace, not much opportunity to progress. Has been stable job up until the covid crisis. Sadly having to leave as the company now in administration
Pros
Great team and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low pay no forward path to promotion and lack of communication from head office
During my time with this company I have worked my way up from a part time sales assistant to store manager.I have gained valuable customer service experience,how to work with and develop a strong team to achieve results.I have been lucky enough to work with some great people and have made some invaluable friendships.The job role has been very challenging at times and I have learnt to adapt to changing shopping habits.
Pros
Staff discount
it is retail work so everything that comes with being the face of the brand and having expectations with minimal progression within roles is that to be expected
Pros
meeting people from all parts of london
Cons
long hours, repetitive
Good place to work, lots of departments to work in. Sometimes is quite sometimes stress. The canteen doesn't have many cooked food choices they rotate the same recipes all the time.
If you want to work in prison-like conditions with pathetic security that check you every day to see if you’ve stolen items then this is the job for you. All the staff are either foreign or just rude the managers don’t listen. Don’t apply through PMP either because they are the most useless people ever who treat their employees like rubbish. I worked in Arcadia Rugby and felt like I was going to pass out of boredom as this is the most soul destroying job ever. Dont work here unless you want to be treated like a slave.
Pros
Cons
Prison
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arcadia Group?
So, as a Team Leader for for a department topshop it was slightly different to how a normal independent topshop would run. As a Team Leader, I was expected to undertake multiple rolls that was not in my job spec. This meant a lot of the pressure and responsibility to running day to day shifts, working as the only manager (even at a low level)Staffing was a difficult and long process, we were only taking specific persons' that would fit the required departments standards. Therefore, there was always a back flow of applicants. Work ethic is strong and tasks got done quickly, as well as giving exceptional customer service. Due to the department store having a particular sense of customers, there was always an expectation on Visual merchandising that needed to be up to a certain shoppable standard. This made it tricky for customers to shop our product and have access to full size range. My team were absolutely amazing and they were the reason why working here was so enjoyable.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
unsociable hours and long shifts
I loved working here aside from studying. It was a great experience & wouldn’t regret it. It taught me a lot about working in fast paced environments.
Cons
Good place to work, good team and m/ment. Fast paced environment. During sales it gets quite stressful as the sales packs come quite late, then you have limited time to set it all up.
Pros
25% staff discounrlt
Slow work, not very busy, often got quite boring. The dress code was that you had to wear shop produce of the season so you have to regularly buy more clothes (reduces price for staff Uniform). The pay wasn’t great and neither was the flexibility however the staff were nice and the job was respectable.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low hours, low pay
Management at Topshop (The Strand) were extremely hostile, cliquey, and often shamed workers for not understanding or learning things quick enough. I was not trained thoroughly and was made to feel dumb when I didn't understand something. Many of us students were extremely under paid and I wasn't given access to payslips. At some point I was also told not to be friends with certain staff members from the team leaders + managers which I believe is extremely unprofessional. When addressing any timetable or payslip access issues I was met with hostility and defensiveness instead of any help - at one point I was kicked out of the work group chat after emailing about some issues I had when working there.Very unpleasant work place. No appreciation when you go above and beyond or work over time.
This was an opportunity to work with the best in the industry, they were also willing to share their knowledge and expertise with me. The opportunity to advance was available if you wished to take advantage of it.
Pros
Excellent building and work environment
Cons
Great team at our store. Work load is manageable and keeps you busy. I was really lucky to make friends for life working here. Higher management are amazing.
Pros
Flexible and great team members
A great company to work for if you want to develop and get given opportunities to progress. But you have to be open to relocation, feedback and being thrown in the deep end. But overall, I enjoyed working for Arcadie and learnt some real valuable skills that have supported my career.
Pros
training and development, staff discount, the people.
Cons
long hours, nightshifts
I’m not a fan of the company you’re not treat well by senior management (feel like a number) and pay is pretty shocking for the workload, people should be team leaders and doing team leader jobs and are still paid as sales assistants and team leaders doing manager jobs still paid low. Very unorganised and poor communication. Staff discount is 25% which I feel is low and you have to use a store card
Avoid arcadia at all costs. I worked in topshop and the entire store was a shambles. Senior management did nothing but bark orders and expected general staff to organise and deal with managers responsibilities. Zero communication, jobs were never secure and shifts were changed more than the store manager changed her underwear. Sales assistants were lovely people however the management staff and team leaders were rude, ratty and disrespectful
Pros
Good discount on topshop clothing
Cons
Everything else
Topshop brixton is fun and enjoyable place to work it can be stressful and fast-pace at times but that has helped me to work under pressure and taught me many new skills.
Pros
helps build customer service skills
Cons
short shifts
  1. Employee reviews