Arcus FM
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Arcus FM Employee Reviews

United Kingdom164 reviews

Ok

OK company but room for improvement . Struggle sometimes with lack of chemicals and equipment. Top management don't always take on board what the staff need to do the job.

5 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we apologies if you felt your employment experience with Arcus wasn’t positive. We value a positive colleague experience, and we were pleased to see that in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey, perceptions of our colleagues' relationship with their manager had increased significantly above industry benchmarks. We're proud to be an enjoyable workplace and take pride in giving all employees an opportunity to voice their opinions - these contribute to the overall workplace atmosphere. We value your feedback. If you have any further concerns, please share them with us at info@arcusfm.com.

Avoid

Couldn't careless about there staff, unpaid no work life balance, nobody wants to work six days a week for only a frew hours! Didn't even get a thank you off the company when I finished especially atfer I did alot of overtime for them was a kick in the teeth. Need to sort them self's out

Insights into Arcus FM

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager

No work/life balance & Poor Management

Salaries are poor. Minimum 40 hour contracts for office staff + more for contractors however you end up doing much more than contracted without extra pay. No flexibility & Mandatory office days. No work/life balance and no care for staff with families. Employees are treated like a ‘resource’ & referred to as such. Micromanagement is rife. Staff Turnover is high. Intensely anxious environment leading to colleagues suffering from work induced stress.

Great for progression

I have been with Arcus for over 5 years and I have had the opportunity to progress through multiple roles. Each day is different and it can be a challenging environment however this is what keeps me interested. The people who I work with and my management are very supportive and helpful and this makes a great working environment.

3 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and have been part of the Arcus family for over 5 years, benefited from career progression, work environment and supportive management. At Arcus, we believe that learning is a never-ending process that helps us become the best version of ourselves. We understand that every colleague giving it their all every day is critical to our long-term success. Training is one of our core pillars and we are committed to supporting our colleagues succeed in their roles. As a result, many of them have progressed within their specialisations, moved into management positions or moved across functions. We value a positive colleague experience, and we were pleased to see that in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey, perceptions of our colleagues' relationship with their manager had all increased significantly above industry benchmarks. Our vision and values are important to us, and we continue to invest in our people so we can provide outstanding FM services – technology led, people driven.

Not worth the stress

I will not go into details (bullies) but I strongly advise anyone against working there. If you are looking for a company that believes in structure, a good team ethic and meritocracy, then I would look elsewhere. If you read anything telling you otherwise, I would question its validity.

Pros

You get a wage

Cons

Everything you can think of, that would make a workplace toxic.

27 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, and we're truly sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. Arcus is committed to ensuring that all colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. We believe in providing a meaningful and rewarding work environment for our employees and we genuinely value everyone’s feedback. We have several ways in which a colleague can raise any concerns they have so we can help to resolve them. If you have any further concern, please contact us at info@arcusfm.com.

Great Training, People and Opportunities

I joined Arcus in 2020 as a Scheduler and have progressed to my current role of Workforce Scheduling Controller. My job is demanding at times and the environment is fast paced, but I really enjoy what I do, and I feel my contribution is valued. I have KPI's to achieve each month, but they are achievable. I work with some really great people and made some good friends and I have found everyone to be really helpful and supportive. When I joined I didn't have any previous Scheduling experience, but the training I received was really good and prepared me for the job. My manager is also very supportive and this has enabled me to develop and progress. I feel very happy and secure at Arcus, as they are growing all the time and with the hours that I work, I have balance. With my new role I also got a good pay rise and we get a bonus each year. There are lots of positive changes happening in my department at the moment and new opportunities and I am really excited. Management are approachable, supportive and very focussed on performance, but if I have any suggestions on better ways to do something they are open to this. I would recommend Arcus to anyone.

27 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and appreciate the work-life balance, training and career opportunities. Here at Arcus, we believe that learning is a never-ending process that helps us become the best versions of ourselves. We understand that every colleague giving their all every day is critical to our long-term success. Training is one of our core pillars and we are committed to supporting our colleagues' success in their roles through it. As a result, many of them have progressed within their specialisations or moved into management positions or different functions altogether over time. We value creating positive experiences for our colleagues and were pleased to see in our recent Have Your Say survey that perceptions of pay and benefits as well as employees' relationships with their managers had both increased significantly above industry benchmarks." Our vision and values are important to us, and we continue to invest in our people so we can provide outstanding FM services – technology led, people driven.

Fast paced environment, Job progression opportunities

As a current colleague of Arcus, I have been with the business for some time now . I have had opportunities on a number of different departments which has allowed me to progress within the company. This is a fast paced office, where colleagues have a strong team ethos. There is now a dedicated training team to ensure colleagues have a good start to the business and continue to develop. There is a lot of opportunity for overtime and a new policy to request up to two days working from home ( Helpdesk colleagues) This has improved the work life balance of alot of colleagues. Many do still prefer to work in the office environment, particularly when there are celebrations or colleagues are being recognised.

26 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and appreciate our work-life balance and job progression opportunities. At Arcus, we believe that learning is a never-ending process that helps us become the best version of ourselves. We understand that every colleague giving it their all every day is critical to our long-term success. Training is one of our core pillars and we are committed to supporting our colleagues succeed in their roles. As a result, many of them have progressed within their specialisations, moved into management positions or moved across functions. We value a positive colleague experience and were pleased to see that in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey, perceptions of pay and benefits, as well as our colleagues' relationship with their manager had all increased significantly above industry benchmarks. Our vision and values are important to us, and we continue to invest in our people so we can provide outstanding FM services – technology led, people driven.

Terrible company

Terrible company to work for. No work life balance. Area manager hopeless in his job and offers no support. Avoid working here Never enough chemicals to do your job and always short staffed and just expected to cover their shifts.

5 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, and we're truly sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. Arcus is committed to ensuring that all colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. We believe in providing a meaningful and rewarding work environment for our employees and we genuinely value everyone’s feedback. We value a positive colleague experience and were pleased to see that perceptions of pay and benefits, as well as our colleagues' relationships with their manager, had all increased significantly above industry benchmarks in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey. If you have any further concern, please contact us at info@arcusfm.com.

Not a good company to work for

Staff treated you like a number, they don’t appreciate you at all worked there for 8months didn’t even get as much as a txt on my last week plus the work is far to much for the amount of hours you do they really do expect miracles the wage is minimum wage

1 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, and we're truly sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. Arcus is committed to ensuring that all colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. We believe in providing a meaningful and rewarding work environment for our employees and we genuinely value everyone’s feedback, so we have taken your feedback on board. We value a positive colleague experience and were pleased to see that perceptions of pay and benefits, as well as our colleagues' relationships with their manager, had all increased significantly above industry benchmarks in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey. If you have any further concern, please contact us at info@arcusfm.com.

Awful to work for, Incompetent management and dont provide the basic tools to do the job.

Supposed to clean Sainsbury's but Arcus FM provided no PPE I had to supply my own gloves and masks. They try to dictate as and when you take your annual leave including that any leave must start on a sunday which is not legal. I would advise anyone to steer clear of this company as the dont take seriously the duty of care they are supposed to have for there employees.

5 July 2022
Thank you for leaving a review, we're sorry to hear you feel this way about your time at Arcus. We value a positive colleague experience and were pleased to see that perceptions of pay and benefits, as well as our colleagues' relationships with their manager, had all increased significantly above industry benchmarks in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey. If you have any further concern, please contact us at info@arcusfm.com.

Your experience at Arcus will depend on where you are based and what level your position is.

It’s not a bad place to work. There are a lot of really nice people, but there are a lot of communication issues between upper management and people doing the daily work that keeps everything running which causes a lot if issues and projects to be badly managed.

Stressful

It's not a complete no no but it is a very mentally taxing company.Small shifts but very early hours which like me if you're not a morning person is horrible.

Very poor management

Management look after themselves at the cost of the employees. Disgusting. Full time hours and weekends off for them. 16 hour contracts and split days off for the cleaners.

1 July 2022

Stable job with pros and cons

If you work in the offices there is little to no progression. Arcus will chose an external hire over progression for staff that already working there. The pay is not great for the experience that Arcus currently have, the more experienced people there are paid the same as new people when tailored experience should be paid more to keep the staff happy in the workplace. The company itself isn't bad, every year we get bonuses, a pay increase and they have benefits that wouldn't be of any interest to many people. The job can be stressful but the people that work there are interesting and brilliant. The clients 9/10 times are lovely to talk to and you'll speak to some really interesting engineers if you're a scheduler.There are some really strict deadlines and KPIs that need to be hit and the office and field management will stay on top of the employees to ensure the work is all planned. Even if you have to triple check the works.You will get moved around from each of the departments so it won't always be the same thing you do. This is a good thing because more experience means you have a better chance of progression but can be very frustrating for you or the department you're on. The company is fairly transparent in what it does and keeps the employees up to date with all the information but will never take genuine feedback from someone who might be at the bottom of the food chain.The managers are all lovely, each one you can count on if you're having a hard day and each of them are very understanding. This company is probably one of the more relaxed places I have worked.There -

Pros

Pay raise and bonus at the end of every financial year, Management understanding, Stable, A good environment to work in, Good amount of breaks through the day, 28 days holiday not including Bank holidays

Cons

Pay should be improved for the lower end for experienced staff, Interdepartmental disputes, Resourcing issues across the board, High staff turnover, Progression

Poor Management

Dreadful management and very lazy. Brushed problems under the carpet and let stroppy members of staff rule the roost. When I challenged them with problems I was told that I work too hard and to take more coffee breaks. When I asked for extra work I was told no as they wouldn’t keep up with it after I’d gone. Very lazy and lax, hence the large turnover in staff.

8 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we apologies if you felt your employment experience with Arcus wasn’t positive. We value a positive colleague experience, and we were pleased to see that in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey, perceptions of our colleagues' relationship with their manager had increased significantly above industry benchmarks. We're proud to be an enjoyable workplace and take pride in giving all employees an opportunity to voice their opinions - these contribute to the overall workplace atmosphere. We value your feedback. If you have any further concerns, please share them with us at info@arcusfm.com and a member of the team will be in touch.

Total despair

Very poorly managed. The wholeStructure is a mess. Team leader. Line manager.. then another manager, and another. No oneKnows what on earth they are Doing. There are some good guysWorking for them. But most have Left, probably in despair at the Total shambles around them.

4 April 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with our company culture and management team. When it comes to team cohesion, we are continuously working on building a more efficient organisational structure as well as retaining the best talent. This is so that we can provide a positive colleague experience and better serve our customers. We were pleased to see in our recent ‘Have Your Say’ colleague survey, that our colleagues’ relationships with their manager had increased and is above industry benchmarks. However, your experience seems to be different so we would like to try to address that. I would encourage you to speak to your line manager, or a member of the leadership team regarding your concerns. If you would prefer, you can contact us at info@arcusfm.com and a member of the team will be in touch.

GoodCompany

I really enjoyed working for Arcus and would again communication between management and staff couldOf been better but overall great company to work for

29 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed your role with Arcus. Ensuring a great colleague experience is important to us, and in our recent Have Your Say colleague survey, we were delighted to see that views around our colleagues' relationship with their manager had all increased well above industry benchmarks. We are committed to our vision and values, and we continue to invest in our people to ensure that we can provide exceptional facility management services – technology-led and people-driven. We are always open to constructive comments, and we will take them on board as well as your concerns.

Good place to work.

Arcus is the place to go when needing a cleaning job ,great company always paid on time no faults what so ever .They send a supervisor with you to Train you up on machines ect . Monthly payments but hey ho what a company.

Pros

Break times for a part time job 👍

Cons

None.

8 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Arcus. It's great to know that you enjoyed your role with Arcus and experienced job satisfaction. We've always been passionate about connecting people with their passions. That's why we're all about giving our staff the opportunity to explore and develop skills, as well as share innovations with our team and community. Our vision and values are important to us, and we continue to invest in our people so we can provide outstanding FM services – technology led, people driven. If you have any concerns, please share them with us at info@arcusfm.com.

I have never worked for a worse company

I feel you can learn a lot about a work culture from the way the junior employees are treated. The culture (fed from above) shows little to no respect for staff 'at the coal face'. My experience felt that the firm believes that cleaners are desperate for a job and will work in unfair and exploitative conditions for a poor salary and inflexible work schedule.My immediate boss was a realist and would help as far as possible but speaking to the area manager illustrated a culture of 'my way or the highway'.In a recent 1-1, I stated it was a shame we did not get a Christmas bonus this year (last year we were given a £10 Sainsbury voucher for our efforts in the face of COVID), my area manager essentially said I should be grateful for my job and in the same sentence talked about how when they fuel their Arcus FM car at Sainsburys they use their personal nectar card and how they had accrued over £150 in nectar points (which paid for a great Christmas dinner).Another major problem with Arcus is its overtime procedure. You often have to (re)prove your overtime for the month and this can result in delays of a month (or more) to receive your wages.

Pros

Almost Guaranteed a job

Cons

Inflexible work timetable, Holiday requires a months notice, Little career progression, Overtime is paid in a complex system

Overtime is paid no matter how many hours you do

Nice place to work and flexible hours All overtime hours are paid no matter how many hours you doPayments are on time Management is good I interact with different sort of people The stressful part is when a colleague is absent an you need to cover

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Early hours

1 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Arcus. It's wonderful to know that you enjoy the work environment and appreciate the flexibility, and we look forward to seeing you grow and develop as an individual and as part of our Arcus family. At Arcus, we believe in providing a meaningful and rewarding work environment for our employees, and we genuinely value everyone’s feedback. Our vision and values are important to us, and we continue to invest in our people so we can provide outstanding FM services – technology led, people driven. We do have several processes in place for colleagues to be able to raise any concerns. If you would like to discuss this further, please share more details with us at info@arcusfm.com.

Not a good company, I was in the cleaning team, no support from management

Bad company. Don’t pay well, no hours to give, better off being on benefits than working with Arcus, at least you’d be earning more, glad I found a better job so I could leave. No staff so it falls on you to pick up everything when the job itself it’s supposed to be for 3 people and no extra hours to fit all the work in had to be done in 3 hours

Pros

No pros, company want everything from you and give nothing in return

Cons

Poor hours, bad management, no staff

31 March 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcus FM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Arcus FM with

Learn about Arcus FM in popular locations

• Arcus FM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?