Ardagh Group

Ardagh Group Employee Reviews

12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off then 18 days off every 7 weeks pay is good technical knowledge needed. Ferr parking and substitized canteen hot food served at night
I went for selection and was told I did well and would hear the following week even if I hadn't been successful. 40 people were going to attend for 4 jobs.6 weeks later and 3 emails chasing a result I still haven't heard anything - there was no response to emails sent to their HR.I ended up accepting another job as I've got fed up waiting as they don't even have the courtesy to contact people.For anyone looking for a job then please apply, as they are advertising again, apply if you want to waste your afternoon with no real prospect of getting a job unless you have family or friends there.
Pros
Cons
Rediculously long selection
For me it was a nice experience,I meet new people and I learn many things. The shift was 12 hours,2 days morning,2 days night and after 4 days off.
If your face fits then you will progress. Got people working there who are bullies including. Not a nice environment if your bullied and insulted by one person at all the time. There is lots of old generation workers without any higher education very simple people and they work on higher level degree positions? You can’t bring anything to this company, you need only listen what they telling you to do even if you have better and improve way to do.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
Some people thing they heroes !!!
If your face fits then you will progress. Got people working there who are bullies including hr. Not a nice environment if your bullied and insulted 24/7
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manley you feel suicidal
New change of UK CEO due to retirement They are giving their newly diversified Canning Packaging buisness They were trying to list Ardagh on the New York Sto ck exchange if they complete the LegalFinancial USA tick box
a good job well worth doing would love to go back there. I could certainly recommend this to any one . The remuneration packages are weir worth it and the whole experiance
Yes if you have friends and family iys welcome. I did several assessments and got bored being told how well i did and yet still no career.. mind you i am glad i at a far better company now ..
Pros
Cons
Long 12 hours
Have worked for several different plant managers and the company has changed owners three times during my tenure. I have found Ardagh to be an interesting company to work for with a modern outlook.
Typical day would be started by reviewing any quarantined product from the previous 24 hours and deciding on disposition. Then reviewing any customer and supplier complaints and deciding on appropriate actions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully conclude any investigations into complaints. The workplace always had a strong culture of encouragement with people being empowered to make a difference.
Pros
Friendly and flexible approach
Cons
Could become very pressurised
Although well paid the shifts are long and tedious, progression is limited dependent upon contacts within the workplace. Winter shift pattern is more favourable than summer, working conditions in summer can become unbearable at times due to the heat and limited breaks. It is expected on top of regular shifts that extra shifts can be dropped on you with limited notice.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Monotonous work, heat, long shifts, weekend work, night work, management
Typical day is working on a line, if the line breaks down you are moved onto another line while the engineering team tries to fix the machine. HO have not updated any of the machines for at least 30 years so the engineers have a big job on their hands trying to keep the machines running. The plant relies too heavily on zero hour contracts, a lot of employees have been working on these contracts for more than 3 years with very little time off!! Its not what you know its who you know if you want a perm position!
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Management very clicky
jobs in all departments are ok except for the senior management, ceo and second in command are complete immature bafoons. they try to be like 70's bully boys, but won't confront you personally. be a good place to work if they moved on. company has lost huge experience because of these two individuals.
Pros
free parking
Cons
immature management
I was given very good training as this was a completely new job to the company. The company were very supportive with all of us new staff through our training and initial period, making it easy to settle into a good routine for our teams and shift work. The teams are good, small and the camaraderie is good. Management are helpful with any issues and sympathetic to workers needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was fork lift driving and diagnosing problems. Learning the job in the beginning was the hardest.
Pros
Good holiday allowance and pay.
Cons
Shift work, so be prepared for this.
This was only a temporary job to help with a busy period within the business
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Was only temporary
My average day starts were I collect the production sheets from the previous days production and place the results onto a data base, I also download and update the previous days Quality problems and put in the value of any stock that has been held for inspection. When the Quality department Manager or his assistant are not available I will attend a morning meeting where each department reports any issues that have arisen, after which I have the task of calibrating the equipment for measuring Lacquer coatings in the print department, the results are then recorded onto a spread sheet. Part of my job is to carry out a full seam evaluation on all lines that are running throughout the day and deal with any issues that occur relating to quality. As I also have the role of stand in process manager when the process manager is busy or not available on the shop floor, I will cover for them carrying out checks on the lines and ensuring things run smoothly. There are certain tests that have to be carried out at specified periods it is part of my job to carry out and record the results onto a spread sheet. Sometimes customers will request samples of various cans and lids and it is part of my job to collect from stock what has been requested and send it out to them, this is also recorded onto a spread sheet and an e-mail sent to the person requesting the samples to say they have been sent. If things are a bit slow I will also take time to sort through some of the product that has been Held for inspection, releasing and recording any scrap on the data base. What have I Learned? I have learned - more...
Pros
career opportunitys
Cons
too many restuctures
12 hour shifts work force very good to work with good health scheme
Pros
good salary
Cons
My typical day would start with pre-start up checks followed by the necessary quality checks which are repeated at various time intervals through my shift. During the shift i may encounter various process/mechanical faults which are my responsibility to identify then rectify. I am also responsible for carrying out any planned maintenance scheduled for the line. I work well with all my immediate management team and get on well with all my co-workers. In 2012 the decision was made to close the Merthyr plant and my finish date is 31st July 2013
Pros
Close to home
Cons
work weekends
Taking customer designs and ideas and working them through to give a good product that can be achieved in print with a cost effective number of colours. These designs may be used for labelling or for print onto metal, coated or plain.
Pros
pension. good holiday package.
Cons
plant shutting.