Arden University

• Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and Innovative

I teach 4 times a week the times depends per cycle, the other time is used to prepare lessons, mark, supervise students review modules etc not forgetting attending meetings. very flexible right now have been working from home. I have learned that learning does not stop we continue to learn and my career is one that automatically allows me to continuously learn.workplace culture is great! there is so much support and teamwork.The hardest part at the moment is marking and preparing assessments.I enjoy teaching, when my students pass with flying colours my heart gets maximum fulfilment of my job. All I want is to impact knowledge and when that's done am happy

Pros

Abundant annual/leave days

Cons

Can be frenetic

Changed and no longer about their people

I worked at Arden for over 2 years. When I first joined it was people place. Everyone helped others achieve their goals and there was a real sense of belonging. This has changed hugely over the years and you no longer feel part of a team. It is quite a selfish company and I couldn’t think of a happier day than handing my notice in.I could really see myself growing at Arden but was told unless someone leaves I wouldn’t be able to advance. Not what you expect from a company growing at the rate that they are. A real shame.

Pros

holiday days

Cons

No real appreciation for the work you do. Tight deadlines you’ll be super stressed No progression

Collaborative and driven working environment

A fast paced and exciting working environment with dynamic and experienced leaders. A growing and progressive digital culture with real care for their employees and many benefits.

Great management

I worked as a temp, I have to say the Holborn Branch were very professional and helpful. They guided me through the training process and therefore I was able to carry outy tasks confidently.

Pros

Lovely places to eat locally, staff and management are very caring and helpful

An innovate collaborative workplace

Arden is a growing organisation with a collaborative, innovative and positive culture. It places the student experience at the heart of what it is doing and is working hard to support both it's blended and distance learning students. It is great to work in an organisation that is proactively thinking about how it supports it staff. For example, Arden is a Mindful employer (underlining the organisation's commitment to mental health) with mental health training rolled out for all employees and managers, and mental health champions established to support students.

Pros

Agile working and being mainly home based

Innovative university

Embrace ideas and great team working. Diverse staff, very student centred - access to HE for all. University is expanding and staff are involved in this process at all levels. Open to new ideas and lots of scope for gaining experience in HE in all areas. Be prepared to work at pace, this is a rapidly growing organisation but you can really make your mark here and deliver the best for students. Very rewarding experience.

Just awful.

I had an interview invite with the head of department sent to me by their HR department which I accepted. But then the head of department sent me an invite at an earlier time on the same day. I emailed to find out which was the correct time. The interview was done online. It appeared there was no communication whatsoever between their own department's. When the interview began, the head of department claimed he could not hear me through my headphones, but I had interviews previously using the same headphones and they were all fine. I tried the same headphones on my phone and he claimed he could not her me, so it was switched to a telephone interview without me using my headphones . General questions were asked but after answering one question, he asked another question and another question regarding the same topic in attempt to trap me answering incorrectly. I was told Arden University would get back to me but they did not keep to their word. The job itself was based onsite at their Birmingham city centre study campus, so I asked for clarification regarding this to ascertain if this was true but he said I would have to physically cover their Coventry site which was not mentioned anywhere on the application or job description, he said this was due to staff being on holiday. Not sure if the place is short staffed. The job description stated remote support which i would have been happy to do but it would have been professional to state this in the application that physical on site cover would be needed. I would have been happy to physically cover Coventry if it was written in the -

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional, misleading, not organised, low salary, lack of communication and they do not keep to their promises

Exciting place to work

The people around are friendly and very supportive. You are always informed in advance of your role and what is expected of you with less pressure, option to choose or decline the role and opportunities are always available.

Pros

Free lunch and travel expenses are paid, when required to work outside your city

Cons

Short or Long hours, you always feel part of a team and the bond are amazing

Quick, smooth interview process

The interview process was quick, smooth, and provided a sufficient overview of Arden University and its values, vision and culture. First impressions of the vibrant, fast-paced organisation were positive. Collaborative and cross-departmental working is encouraged and the business is expanding quickly as online education increases in popularity. Student welfare and success are at the centre of everything every every department does which is great to see - Arden University students are most definitely a company-wide priority.

A great place to work

Ardent is an emerging force in online learning. The quality of its programmes and expertise of its staff makes it a great institution. I would recommend Arden to a friend.

Great Place to work!

I love working for Arden University it has a great family culture, Collaborative colleagues and great benefits! colleagues are always happy to help one another.

Pros

Great Benefits!

Student Ambassador

I am a Student Ambassador so work as and when required.I have attended inductions and student open days to speak to new and potential students about the experience of study. I have also participated in dome events, promoted the idea of study at Arden.

Avoid at any cost

Awful place to work, management don’t know what they are doing, no organisation at all and extremely hostile environment, worst place I’ve ever worked for, avoid at any cost, students interested only of student finance money and causing troubles constantly.Huge disappointment, stay away.

Good work environment

Nice atmosphere. Growing company. Lot of changes to come.

Productive and fun place

The work is a bit stressful but we all work as a team ! The staff and the managers are enthusiastic about helping and supporting students! Open plan officer is a bit of an issue as there is a lot of noise throughout hhe day. Great colleagues, great managers!

Passing on (hard) work that other staff avoid

Unconscious bias. Making it up as they go along. Give the impression of being professional. Need to appoint management staff that know what they are doing.

work to group

Im still learn, but I learned a lot from cultura,development. The world is fast developing, from the changing. How to introduce my own confession, what should I take into account. The most important thing is that I learned to work in a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arden University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement