Argos

Argos Employee Reviews

Found 3,085 reviews matching the search
Whilst some of management are OK, most lack in people skills, and fail to have any kind o empathy with the team as a whole, they seem to have their favourites
Pros
Health care plan
Cons
Whilst we have to provide two weeks notice for days of/holiday notice, we're lucky to get one weeks notice of what our rota is
Hours changed from one week to the next , never knew what your shift pattern was till Friday afternoon Early mornings and late evenings were never shared out fairly
Pros
Job security
Cons
No fixed hours
Typical day (for me) is pulling in delivery and putting it away upstairs, nowhere close to customers which is great because you can chat with co-workers or just get on with your job if you want. If you're put on tills it's a more stressful day since you're dealing with the public and their complaints and the odd customer who comes in looking to start something. Pay is respectable for how easy it is to work there. As long as you're on time, not a slouch, and (at least look like you are) working hard you won't be let go/fired so it's a pretty secure job if you're looking for stable minimum wage income. Typically they put you on a 10 hour contract and you could work up to 30 during Black Friday week & Christmas time, while after the New Year your hours go way down as they've only got a limited amount of hours they can give out each week. Overall not a bad job if you're just looking to get through the summer but unless you want to pursue a career in Retail Management you won't be making much money long-term.
Pros
Great people, flexible hours
Cons
Busy times of the year can be stressful, customers sometimes treat you with little respect
General public being rude aside, Argos isn’t that great a place to work at I was expected to cover managers shifts with no extra pay They’d either give me so many hours over my contract one week and go under my contract the next making it hard to plan life around the changesWas there 3 years and never got given the opportunity to advance even though they expected me to cover these manager shifts
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Long hours, bad customers, rude colleagues, unstable hours, poor pay
Easy going no stress and flexibility on working hours and nice people you work with you can have some late finish times up to 11pm and start times can be early when its build up to Christmas
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can have really early starts
Customer Fulfilment Advisor is Argos' version of "Delivery Driver".It's a really fun job if you like to spend your time on the road. Assistive technology to help you deliver items is very easy to learn and use, although not completely faultless.You are trained in picking and packing items, although for a shift that's 8 hours long you probably spend about 45 minutes of those hours picking and packing so don't be scared that you'll never drive. Most store managers are down to earth. It's better when they drive/have driven for Argos too because they can actually relate to your experiences on the road.Black Friday & Christmas, you will be worked off your feet whether you like it or not, and probably won't get anything better than a "well done team" for it. No double-time, no extra benefits.Unfortunately customers will be customers and will order the most pointless item to the side of a cliff without considering you're driving a 30ft long-wheelbase van. This is probably the worst part of the job - you will struggle to be on time in areas where the streets were designed for horses in carts and are nowadays lined with cars and people who can't park them. Management in Head Office don't care - you won't get at least 1 smaller van for your hub to deliver effectively to these areas, don't bother asking.If you can deal with delivering to the above areas, you are going to be okay almost everywhere else when driving, and most customers are usually very appreciative which makes it worth it.
Pros
Generous breaktimes, and really nice when it's quiet
Cons
You will be expected to deliver in a large van where ever a small car can fit
Used to be a great place to work until sainsburys took over. The restructures they have done have destroyed the company and it is obvious sainsburys is profit before people. They so not care about their staff least of all argos staff.The managers I had were fantastic but when had to move stores due to closures(thanks sainsburys) the new managers barely spoke to me let alone any feedback or information.
Pros
Flexible with shifts
Cons
Poor communication, no incentives, minimum wage
Outdated methods and systems. Excellent colleagues but company needs to update all systems and policies. Confusing system with high pressure sales techniques.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Systems
Awesome workplace and staff and management. Really enjoyed my time here and would go back in an instant. Really friendly people and a joy to work with.
Leading upto Xmas it was pretty much busy all the time. From the minute you clock in to clocking out there was always something to do that kept you going and feeling productive and the shifts flew in. If stores weren’t closing due to the pandemic I’d recommend this place more but in this current climate there isn’t much job security or guaranteed shifts.
Pros
Paid breaks. Active environment. Good laugh. Always somebody to ask for help.
Cons
Erratic shifts. No consistency. Rules for some, rules for others. Customers are rude and forget your a human
Wouldn't want to work for them again. It's a one way storm of managerial abuse and daily pressure to hit unrealistic targets through out stock rotation is a joke and most managers are looking for reasons to fire you. There is no recognition of going above and beyond
Cons
I have been with argos for about 15 months now and I have really enjoyed it so far.Of course you will have your bad days, but that goes for any job.Management is good (could do with some improvements) but as a whole, all my managers have been fantastic.
The same work duties every day. No challenges at all. Boring. A typical day of work was picking orders. Easy to hit the target. You can run every shift like crazy, do over target but nobody appreciate it. Manager never come to you and say "you are doing well. Thank you that you are a part of our team". Forget about career prospects if you are foreign worker. Even if you have had a training around the warehouse that no guarantee you will get a change for permanent position. You can stay in company as a temporary agency worker for ages. Poor agency service onsite. Some colleagues are very friendly and helpful, some other colleagues (including managers) are like snakes, two faces - likes to talk about you behind your back. Don't believe what managers promise to you - nothing change. Basically they just laugh at your face. The most enjoyable part of the job - after long boring 8 hours shift to go home. Last workplace I would like to come back.Highly unrecommended !
Pros
Free parking, paid one of break
Cons
No career path
If you have a life or love life stay away from this company. It is hard, unappreciated labor. The most successful year the company had we were denied our bonuses that we had already earned and annual raises were eliminated. If you like prison life, great place to work. Work all the time, and when you are off you sleep so you can work another 80 hours. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Pros
You almost never work on Sundays.
Cons
At the end of the day, you call the schedule and find out you have to report to work at 2 am the next morning..
The people I worked with were brilliant. However, there’s no social distancing, so I felt at risk all the time. I left because Sainsbury’s (who now own Argos) don’t give a fig about their staff/safety.
Pros
People
Cons
Safety. Pay.
I loved my time as a driver at Argos. It takes a little getting used to but as long as you are sensible it becomes an easy, fun job and it's good exorcise. I really liked the staff, it's the sort of job that you can just blend in and get on, there are all different personalities there but they all help each other out. The management truly just leave you alone but are very helpful if you need them.
Pros
Fun job, nice staff, great company
Cons
Split shifts
Since Sainsburys bought Argos it has been terrible. Sainsburys do not care for them, do not offer any support, and do not deal with serious issue within the workplace correctly at all.
Far from the worse place Ive worked , didn't get long enough to fully be part of the team as I was just a Christmas temp, would ha e loved to have stayed on.
Seems like a good place to work but after 6 weeks of pure information. Your left on your own, depending on your team leader you don’t get much support. If you have kids they are not flexible (especially with the covid situation and they don’t care about single parents). They offer temp jobs but rarely ever keep people on they just hire more afterwards. As for a typical day it’s mainly on the phone (rare to be allowed on live chat even with bad anxiety!) and calls are constant with I’d say over 90% of them complaints. A steady day you take about 70 calls and the targets are dreadful, you need to pretty much get the customer off the phone in less than 2 minutes. The people on live chat never help they always end up referring the customer back to phones even when they are capable enough to do what the customer wants. There equipment is always dodgy, either slow or broken and their software is the worst!! The way customers are treated I would be surprised how long they last!
Pros
Pay isn’t minimum wage.... yet! I luckily had a nice team to get me through it
Cons
Shift changes last minute, targets not realistic, lack of support, no recognition
Each day there would be something new to be included in when working, staff and management were incredibly helpful and willing to teach. Would happily recommend people to apply for a job at Leeds crown point!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No cons
I loved this, so much so I left my other job to focus on this whist studying at uni. Within 6 months I was approached to be a Team leader. The job we did was amazing, the staff was amazing, the management was amazing too.
  1. Employee reviews