Argos

Argos Employee Reviews

Found 3,129 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,332 reviews

Busy always… but working with a great team made it so much easier

Great people to work with great boss it’s a shame that the company Argos couldn’t treat and pay you better.Always fast paced and can be competitive each person has their own target and goals.

Pros

No when your finishing work / shifts

Cons

Pay

Miserable

I worked for argos as a Christmas temp. I wasn't given proper training was expected to do all my elearning in my own time. Induction wasn't great and I didn't feel part of the team. I was glad I wasn't asked to stay after my contract ended

Pros

A job

Cons

Hours all over the place, lack of training, boring

Only good thing was some of my colleagues

Poorly managed, poor salary, long hours with little rest, nasty customers and horrible management. Will doubt your holiday request for a funeral and make you miss huge family events and make you work when sick. Couldn’t be happier to have left that company. The only redeeming factor was that SOME of my colleagues where amazing people and a joy to be around.

Cons

Fantasic opportunity to my new working life.

This job was my first job and as a 16 yr old I truly believe that this was a fantastic opportunity. We have responsibility by law, but also a moral responsibility to the extent we need to take care of our customers.The management team is fantastic. Many a time I have felt down because I couldn't meet targets but the managers helped me.Other colleagues also very delightful as they are supportive, jolly and overall others good banter

Pros

Great opportunities, good coleagues and fantastic pay

Cons

Nothing aboslutley nothing

Great!

Great company to work for, had no issues at all hours were flexible staff were all lovely, Busy times could get stressful but when you have a good team behind you it went like clockwork

Pros

Fun place

Cons

Got made redundant in July, but still a good company

Easy work management terrible

Work was the easiest ever had to do for last 3 years .But when come to management they didnt wanna know. You could help and go out your way and got no thanks for it . And when it came to needing something just forget it. They also like to make rules up every week as a power trip. The work was hit and miss somedays would be busy and others was pointless getting up at 4am for 2 hours worth ot work. And if there wasn't enough work you got sent home. Losing hours and money. Wages wasn't very good. Always had to do over time to get a good wage. But getting over time wasn't always possible for lack of deliverys

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Low pay hardly any deliverys management a joke

Mixed experience

Like a lot of jobs the people you work with make work great and Argos is no different. Have a great team and it's easier to cope with the stressful.environment of customer services.

Pros

Great team of people

Cons

Stressful environment

Productive okay place

Management want you to learn different areas supportive great to make a difference.hours are guaranteed overtime offered, learnt working on Ftc and

Pros

Discount

Cons

Hours not same each week.

Terrible management, cutting hours from your pay.

One of the worst retail jobs i have worked, terrible pay - even worse management & a complete disregard for health and safety or employee support. They'll be on your case to tick boxes they're tracked on but there's no real life application to support their staff with work related issues & incident.

Pros

Cons

Everything from the hours, support, salary, management. The list is endless

Targets targets targets

You must be able to upsell product care and Argos cards, it is the only targets the company cares about. Used to be a great company but sadly have become a very cold corporate company.

Pros

Great store teams and fantastic people

Cons

Unrealistic targets. Poor upper management

Productive and fast paced

working at Argos is fast paced so you’ll never be standing round bored. If you’re quick on your feet this would be great for you. Everyone is so nice and welcoming and I’ve loved it here

Pros

Rewards system

Cons

10pm closing

Perfect workplace

Best place I’ve ever worked. Everyone gets on and welcomes new staff. Rota is released 2-3 weeks in advance so you have plenty of notice. Made redundant from the Thurrock store as closure is due end of September, otherwise I’d have stayed for much much longer! Some of the management have done the driving side of the job so they genuinely understand any issues you come across and treat you very well. Varying shifts ranging from 5am - 10pm but never longer than 8.5 hours. Don’t worry about late finishes into very early mornings. Schedules are worked very well and there’s plenty of drivers on hand to help you if you’re struggling. Company sprinters are location monitored for security but not on how you drive so you have the freedom to take any route you need to in order to do your drops. No worries about ‘big brother’ watching you like some other companies.

Pros

Great management, rota released 2-3 weeks in advance, good pay, Sainsbury’s/Argos discounts

Cons

Takes a little while to get used to

Great work environment

I’ve loved working at Argos for the past 3 years after starting as a Christmas temp. There is so much variation in a work day as you could be picking in the stockroom, serving customers on tills, taking fast track orders, doing delivery, doing jewellery etc, all in one day. I worked with such a lovely team of colleges too, which I think was an essential part of my enjoyment of the role.

Pros

Variation of work, Developing a wide range of skills, relaxed work environment

Cons

Having to sell Financial Services ie. Insurance and Store Cards

Really nice place to work, good pay

Really lovely place to work, fair salary and really lovely management too. Lovely people to work with and a relaxed environment to work in, competitive with targets with other employees but that’s good and management cares genuinely for employees, really good hours and I do work the odd weekend but very rarely!

Pros

Discount, really good work and life balance, Argos management, salary

Cons

Other management, in Sainsbury’s since Argos was taken over by Sainsbury’s, the Sainsbury’s management are rather careless and rude, some Sainsbury’s employees are rude too

Meh

Shocking disregard for staff safety during Covid pandemic. Pressure to sell financial services. However not a difficult job and colleagues made it bearable.

Pros

10 percent discount, colleagues

Cons

Financial services targets- annoying and awkward

Unrealistic targets

Unrealistic targets, managers only care about numbers, change your rota without telling you. You're literally just a number, many staff was looking for other jobs.Had to leave in the end could not stand the place

Pros

10% off

Cons

Too many to count

Just ok

You are just a number here. Moat of the staff are in cliques so fitting in is pretty hard. Job itself is good, only the pay is low. No opportunity here.

Pros

Varied day

Cons

Erratic hours

Challenging at times, but good for the most part

I've worked at Argos twice, once as a temp role during Xmas period and the other permanently. Both times I worked at Argos I was required to work on the tills, advise and support customers with making purchases. The odd time I would be on the headset to pick items, but that was very rare.I enjoyed my time at Argos especially my second time as I felt more comfortable, a lot of my colleagues were young and similar age to me so I felt we got along well and my original management was supportive and caring, but once we got new management I didn't really enjoy my time there anymore, so I ended up leaving. My only problems working there was management can be on your back a lot if you don't reach targets and the shifts are short, so you don't earn much, they sometimes change/add on shifts with asking not taking your social life into consideration.

Pros

Discount at Argos and Sainsburys

Cons

Not many hours, pressure when it comes to targets

Great colleagues, terrible support from the company

The team I work with are great, but my general manager is totally unsupportive, hypocritical, and has limited management skills, and the company don't care about their staff. Pay is terrible given the amount of work that is expected, especially when you realise that deli counter staff at sainsburys (who are supposed to be the same company as us) get better pay than shop management at argos.

Pros

10% disocunt

Cons

Random hours, poor pay, large workload, very little support or compassion from the company.

Generally great

I enjoyed working here as a Christmas temp, it was a nice change from normal retail work that I was used to. Everyone was friendly and welcoming and they were really helpful allowing me to work around childcare commitments.

I worked at argos for nearly 6 years and it was a good place to work. As I was at university during the time they were flexible with my shifts and made me feel welcoming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K