Argus Media

Argus Media Employee Reviews

It was a friendly place, I learned how to talk to memener of the public more, the hardest part of the job was collecting the money when people didn’t have the money
Хочете потратить свое время на эту шаражку кончелыжную? Дерзайте, вечное давление от руководства и вечная занятость нет свободной минуты дома. Зарплаты минимальные за такую работу. Должен впаривать никому ненужные типо акции без рисков, это не кампания, а идиотский культ наебаловп
Pros
Нет
Cons
Все
Fast-paced but very friendly environment, working with inspirational people made the work much easier. Management was particularly easygoing and gave us freedom to work within deadlines without stress.
The management is pretty hands-off and you are left to your own means of accomplishing your goals. Don't look for words of encouragement as you will not get any.
You start the day looking at newspapers to find latest developments in energy and call your contacts to find more. You are out for the next big story in energy. You learn a lot about energy and energy pricing on the job. You learn a lot about how your company makes its money and thus try and working in that knowledge to business development. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people and networking, while the hardest part is perhaps the writing itself.
Argus is a good place when you just start your career, but once you build up your experience, you feel like the company does not appreciate your work and management only cares about their job. They don't appreciate or compensate you. Also, they don't have any benefit at all besides very basic healthcare. Turn over is very high, so you see people leaving and new hires every week.
I am Sales and marketing professional with 13-years cross-culture experience in B2B sector: building commercial and marketing strategies, leading high-caliber sales projects and working with C-level executive and government structures. As a VP I am responsible for growing strong relationships across the globe to achieve account growth and positive client experiences while capitalizing on market movements and new opportunities. My role is to manage strategic accounts and represent the entire range of Argus products and services. I am serving for the company as the personal contributor with the strategic vision behind a global pursuit team, and as a team leader who works closely with client engagement, marketing and business development to achieve financial goals and continue a strong collaborative growth trajectory.
Pros
changing business enviroment
Cons
department ransfer
A staff of about 250-300 in the americas, building location is excellent and the work areas are pleasant. You are surrounded by intellectuals, extremely bright individuals, diverse culture and plenty of fruit and coffee available (provided by company). Attire is business casual, we occupy 2 floors in the building and a good mix of personalities. Lots of employee engagement and wellness initiatives. Downsides to some roles: limited career paths, they are not open to flex hours, currently experiencing some severe growing pains, getting some things right, not everything - the lack of timely communication is what hurts the most.
Pros
Great Health Benefits & 401k match! beautiful office space, endless fruit and coffee, MOSTLY friendly staff, intellectual and diverse environement
Cons
limited career paths, not open to flex hours, lack on timely communication
Argus Media is an unfair workplace. They will underpay you and there is no room for growth. I was not taught anything while there and they were not a contributor to my success in my career.
It was fun to work for at first and got me a reason to get out of bed early but it was poorly managed and was sometimes demotivating. The people were regularly not very nice towards you.
Pros
Free convectionary items sometimes
Cons
Long hours for not much money
Overall a good company with sound benefits. I had a great manager who cared about his job and employees, so I was able to perform my job autonomously and well.
Pros
Gym membership, bonuses if you hit your numbers, favorable managment
Typical Day -- tons of productive activity. There isn't a lot of wasted activities or work. Management is growing. Trying to keep up with the growth of the business. Very smart people. The best part of my job is the people. Passionate about the customer and the product, understanding that we are critical at the center of commerce in the world.
Pros
401K, gym membership, training.
Cons
Becoming political, challenges working with home office.
В компании идет политика замены кадрового состава (как руководящего, так и рядовых сотрудников)
Pros
хорошая страховка, удобное месторасположение офиса
Cons
сложная атмосфера для работы
Job can get mundane after a year or so. Management does little to groom and train staff, and does not take year-end appraisals seriously. Majority will find their pay rising at a snail’s pace no matter the achievements, hardwork and dedication given to the job. This leaves staff morale depressingly low. The management tacitly encourages employees to find job opportunities outside and use such job offers as leverage to get finally get a promotion in title and/or pay. Such strategy is so prevalent that rival firms have in the past imposed a hiring freeze on Argus employees, knowing that their interest in the job is superficial. Aside from basic health insurance solely for the employee, there is no interest in staff welfare, most evident in a lack of a human resources department across all global offices.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Fails to compensate staff in a fair and transparent manner
they advertise the job for so long and can't find any one because they pay is very low. I would not recommend this place for any one in the IT business.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Overall good place to work. Good HR team. Global company. North America headquarters in Houston, other offices in New York, Washington DC, South America and Canada
It was a reasonably easy going job, not much time was required. Papers would be delivered on Thursdays and would have to be delivered by Friday. I had to do about 150 papers which wasn't to bad as i was given a bag to deliver them.
Pros
free papers
Cons
Argus Media is a company that takes good care of its employees on paper but doesn't take any close looks at the culture that affect the day-to-day of them.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
company culture
Trabajo como corresponsal. Redacto en las mañanas los reportes diarios y en las tardes me dedico a investigar el tema del día siguiente. El trabajo me permite tener tiempo para mi hija
Its a good job for young people who are just starting to earn their own money and need a quick, easy and simple job. It was good pay for a person the age of 13 to 15.
As an intern at argus media I was given the opportunity to learn various business aspects of the oil industry. The Argus family is very encouraging and friendly.
  1. Employee reviews