ARLA FOODS logo
ARLA FOODS

ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Work-life balance

work shift

They was not consistent with my shifts, often kept canceling shifts so i would lucky to get 3 shifts a week. when you sign up to work for them they mention you have 4 shifts minimum but they fail to do that

Production

No opportunity/promotion. Nepotism and politics. Blaming own laziness on agency workers. Seen some lovely people and some very nasty. Otherwise very relaxed job.

production worker

Good firm to work for in the past. now cutting back, no meat left on the bone. All firms do this, then decide to re employ when it doesn't work. That's life.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

want their pound of flesh

productive and friendly workplace

This job was on a production line which was at a very fast pace. All workers were extremely friendly and it helped to create a nicer workplace. This was a 3 on 3 off shift pattern.

Don't speak your mind! keep quiet!

If you speak out you will be managed out simple as that upstairs - downstairs culture.pay is ok Hours are truly ridiculous some weeks with bank hours you will be working 72 hours in 1 week. Try having a life with that.Their equipment is poor, not maintained, dangerous and dirty.Management are clueless and they only enter the production area to have a moan. Never and i mean never do the department managers work on the floor with the staff.I had a bad experience with Arla but that does not mean you will. Give it a go for yourself. Good luck you will need it.

Pros

free xmas cheese hamper

Cons

hours, management, pressure, nights, 12 hours, bad blame culture, bad equipment

Production operative trevarrian

Overworked and very strict either you fit in with there way of thinking or they will find a away of getting rid of you!!!! They choose whether or not to pay u overtime or give you the hours off whichever suits them:((

Pros

Xmas hamper

Cons

Long hours, terrible management!

good comardry

Very good company to work for, shifts are not life encroaching and wages are very respectable with great prospects to further a career. Subsidised canteen with good food and drinks.

Pros

subsidised canteen with good food

Cons

work some weekends

Easy work but not nice people to work with

I worked for arla for 6 years in production and left when I got forced out by Management. People who started years after I did got training before me. The people who got trained were the ones the team leaders and technicians were friends with. I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and from that moment the team leader would look for any excuse to bring me into a disciplinary meeting. Because of my illness my doctor said I was not well enough to do rotating 12 hour day and night shifts so had to stay on permanent day shifts which management didn't want, even though they had other people on permanent days. In the end after months of lying from management and the union they dismissed me on medical grounds when I thought it was a return to work meeting. They said they had no proof I can stand on my feet for a full shift, which was lies and I had doctors notes to prove it. They also said I was absent too many times, which was also lies. I booked a holiday with the holiday forms, I did one wrong so I threw it in the bin and wrote it out again with the correct dates on. When I got back from holiday they tried to say I was absent and pulled out the incorrect form id thrown in the bin and tried to say that was my holiday form. I'd signed it before throwing it in the bin so they waited until I went then changed dates on the form to make it look like I was absent On days I had booked off. In the disciplinary I tried to explain this in front of the team leader, two technicians and a union rep who wasn't on my side. It was 4 vs 1 and my union rep did nothing as the team leader slammed -

Pros

Time off

Cons

Management are not nice people

Avoid at all costs

Orders constantly being taken to other factories. Morale is very low, wages are mediocre, promotion is on a 'mates' only basis. Management are only worried about carparks and cover ups. Avoid at all costs. I would never go back.

Pros

Some good people on the floor.

Cons

Management.

Easy Job

Good place to work and friendly people...they explain how to Run the machine and their component the way you learn,the management are very serius people and listening...they speak and every meeting before start duty they ask if you have something to say

productive and a very good place to work

meeting the standards for the production enviroment meeting personal targets on time very good management and a good team to work with always willing to help out hardest part of my job was to manage team to progress in the production industry and meeting our team targets my most enjoyable part of my job was making products and seeing how the company progresses in meeting targets for the customer

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARLA FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement