Army & Airforce Exchange Service

Army & Airforce Exchange Service Employee Reviews

Your experience will depend on what store you apply to and where. My experience in the food court was very positive with a friendly team and good training.
You get to serve our nations' finest at the local AAFES shoppette. Stocking and customer service is an everyday occurrence. I loved working for them.
AAFEs is a good company for those who are not dual national. The managers and workers are all very friendly and accommodating. They are not picky for who they hire which is nice.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
unfair pay for US Nationals
I started working with AAFES in January 2014 till September 2016 it was very good experience and enjoyable I took a training in Kuwait for one month then I moved back to Jordan at KASTOK as a store manager really it was very good experience everybody helped me and assist me.. For the time being I am in live in Cyprus and I will be very happy to work with AAFES but I not sure if they have any opportunity there
Managers need to stop acting like their better than everyone just because of the position they're in. Also when someone is being honest, don't call them a liar and don't shout at them in front of their significant other.
I was privileged to work on the base and learn new data processing procedures. Entered polling data from sales reps and processed payroll. Also processed applicants for new credit accounts with the Exchange. I had a wonderful supervisor who took very good care of all her subordinates.
Pros
Meeting many new people and learning new data processing procedures.
Cons
Base closure ended my employment
With all the cutbacks and shrinkage, there is very little to do, even when attempting to find things to do to pass the time. The people, both customers and colleagues are great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too little work
On this job I didn't feel like I was being treated fairly and there was lack of membership. Sports zone and clothing department were meant to help each other and I was helping and they wouldn't help me.
Balanced and fun. Really liked working for the managers. Customers are very friendly ans personable. Complaints are dealt with in a fair and calm manner.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company and very flexible. As a single mum they helped me in every way they could to ensure I was there for my child as well as be able to earn.
Very poorly managed. Crew often verbally abused by management Does not comply with health and safety regulations Does not comply with food safety regulations Because this company is on a military base they get away with not follow rule and regs
Pros
50 discount on food from the facility
Cons
Everything else
Research and ordering of automotive parts Serving customers at the sales counter Offering face to face advise on the stores products Processing refunds and returns as required in line with company procedures Ensuring stock levels are maintained Managing cash and payments in line with company policies Using the stock management system to locate and move products in and out of the store Handling customer complaints in a calm manner
Great place to work, room for advancement and ensuring that our military members and their families have access to merchandise they wouldn't be able to get when stationed overseas. As well as a more suitable price point for my military members and dependents.
Prepared healthy and tasty Meditarranean dishes. Promptly and empathetically handled guest concerns and complaints. Consistently provided friendly guest service and heartfelt hospitality. Demonstrated integrity and honesty whilst interacting with guests, team members and managers. Greeted customers and provided excellent customer service. Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations. Prepared drinks and ice cream items. Pleasantly and courteously interacted with customers. Followed food safety procedures according to company policies and health and safety regulations. Handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately. Maintained clean and safe environment, including in the kitchen, bathrooms, building exterior, car park, bin area and pavement.
Depending on which facility you work for overall opinion could be different. Managers were all for themselves and did not have any cares about their employees.
Enjoyed every minute and great place to work. great interaction with staff and customers and for the most part the working day would fly by. Like most places it hand its down sides.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Money was below average
A typical department store. If you enjoy retail you would be happy working for AFFES but these are typically on US military bases or bases with visiting forces so won't be available to everyone.
Overall a very fulfilling experience. The overall staff and the work environment were somewhat faster paced, however I greatly enjoyed my time working there.
This was the company that molded me to be the great leader that I am today. My husband was in the military and everywhere that he was moved to, I had a job with this company. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to Senior level management. This company was a amazing place of employment.
Pros
Ability to travel
Cons
I absolutely love being able to do so many things. We were up and about the different stores making sure things were secure or stopping loss. We could be behind the cameras stopping loss. We did have a certain number of cases or positive catches we had to get each month.
Pros
A lot to do
Cons
low pay for all that you do
aafes is a great company to work for you get to make many new friends its a nice laid back company but excellent at providing services to there customers they provide ample training programs which allows you to develop your skills
Pros
great training prgrams
Cons
can't think of any sorry