Arqiva

Arqiva Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Staff are friendly and willing to pitch in if help is needed. I enjoyed working with my team and collaborating with other teams.
IT is a complete MESS. Projects are overdue, not enough staff to support the infrastructure. Servers running for over three years without being rebooted. Critical updates are missing. IT managers are incompetent, and have a litte understanding of IT. Stay away from Arqiva.
Having had the privilege to work with these fascinating and superbly competent people in the radio, TV and streaming infrastructure services I am grateful to have been a part of that ethos.
Business is split between Operations and Projects delivering TV & radio broadcast infrastructure nationally through network of transmitter sites and services
Poor managers that micro manage. Pathetic office politics. Their investment in people is a joke. Constant transformation and reorganisation resulting in people made redundant. Lack of proper interaction between the business units, silo mentality. Under valued and under paid according to current market rates and benchmarks. Recently sold a large part (40%) of the company to Cellnex, shows lack of faith in the company’s core infrastructure.
The Company are very people focussed and the facilities, gymnasiums, tennis Courts and canteen facilities demonstrate this and Arqiva allow flexibility and support home working. Office facilities are good and the people are very friendly. Well being is a clear focus with mental health high on the agenda.
Low salary, remote location, no flexibility affects work life balance, lengthy process driven. Good for apprentices, bad for experienced or mid level SMEs.
Good place to work for, Can acquire knowledge and helpful staff, New technologies adopted quickly, Good at what they do, Allows to settle to new staff
Everyone is friendly, it is a relaxed, clean, non stressful, non fast paced environment. Everyone is enthusiastic about working there and are always helpful. Would recommend working here.
I loved working at Arqiva and there was potential though because I was on a temporary assignment I didn't have the chance to become a permanent employee.
Nice place to work. Commutable from London, Basingstoke, Reading. Great countryside office with a decent size cafeteria, gym and tennis, table tennis courts.
Arqiva is a very nice place to work in. The teams are good and management is helpful. I would most definitely recommend Arqiva to everyone. I enjoyed my time at Arqiva.
Excellent Team collaborative working for the Smart Metering Water Network across several different teams of Contact Centre, Application, Technical and Management
The problems at Arqiva are vast and mostly come from stupid middle management and HR who don't know how to run a car let alone a business. The company ethos at Arqiva is totally disrespectful and have no interest in customer satisfaction. Also if you have any illness or disability you will be bullied out of the company or you'll be binned off in the yearly redundancies. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Pay
Cons
You're treated like cattle
Good location located in a lovely village. Nice office to work in, good facilities like a gym, tennis courts etc. Good workload, nice people. good balance.
Good company, nice people, good facilities.Management were professional and cared about the staff.good sense of teamwork and values, would recommend as a good workplace.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
They have not been successful "teaching old dogs" new tricks. If not in the old boys clubs, alienation existed. Parts of the company were trying to come into the 21st century, the remainder stayed in the past. Overall Authoritarian culture.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
bad communications
Arqiva provide an environment that is both challenging & rewarding at the same time; I totally enjoyed my time working there & would recommend them to any prospective employee.
Pros
Training, mentoring, company benefits etc
Cons
Some long hours are expected
Great company to work for, flexible and all The staff are great to work with great work ethic . I highly recommended this company and you would not be disappointed
Interesting systems and technology, Scenic locations of masts, typical day consists of a fair bit of travel to and from location, working on critical electrical systems keeping customer impact to a minimum, documenting and reporting of maintenance and organising parts and future work.
Pros
locations of work, good team, good employer, flexibility of work
Cons
sometimes long travel required and staying away from home
A typical day would involve arranging complete diaries for meetings around the world, typing of digital dictation, fielding all calls, answering queries both by phone and email, monitoring holiday and sickness leave for all staff and taking care of secretarial staff working for the business. Dealing with disgruntled clients could be challenging, in the absence of my boss, but rewarding when problems could be solved. Being proactive and trusted by my boss is important to me and a great working relationship was a priority and enjoyable. Having a boss who was out of the office in meetings 90% of his day meant I was left to my own devices to organise his diary accordingly. He only needed to check his diary for his next appointment without being bothered about the setting up of meetings.
  1. Employee reviews