Arriva Trains Wales logo
Arriva Trains Wales

Arriva Trains Wales Employee Reviews

excellent employer

Good Employer, stable employment lots of employment, â—Ź Driving performance and managing day to day ops for Wales` largest functioning Category A Station â—Ź Guiding internal staff through their development and monitoring processes.

Pros

pension

Cons

no bank holidays

complaints

this was a temporary situation to clear a back log of complaints and Arriva trains is no longer operating in Cardiff. As I there to a short time I cannot add anything else

Good working conditions

Working trains along the north Wales route and Manchester route. Management where fair and helpful. The work place banter was amazing and the job itself was very interesting.

Standard Railway Employer

Staff are well paid and well treated. There is a good work life balance. There are many opportunities for progression. There are in house and external opportunities for self development

Jobs for the boys.

This company posts discriminatory adverts for posts that are reserved for current employees only. Just a paper tracing exercise, manipulating their statutory obligations and attempting to masquerade as a non-discriminatory employer in the Wales. Avoid this incestuous recruiter.

Pros

they are forgettable

Cons

discriminatory

fun job

cleaning train carriages through the nigh sweeping moping dusting deep cleaning and maintaining the train for the public in the daytime and just cleaning the train carriages we did 22 per night

Pros

good team

Cons

night work

Terrible inhuman

Back stabbing politically incorrect. No Humanity glad they lost the contract. Management up each others sphincters making love to each other excreta licking and clueless never given any good feedback even though I pulled them out of the excreta a few times.

Bardzo dobra

Praca,ktora obecnie wykonuje jest satysfakcjonujaca finasowo i zawodowo.Mozliwosci rozwoju sa ograniczone ze wzgledu na panujaca konkurencje,ktora podnosi jakosc pracy w firmie.Kadra zarzadzajaca jest na najwyzszym poziomie i nie moge miec zastrzezen przez okres 5 lat wobec niej.Kultura miejsca pracy jest rowniez na wysokim poziomie bez zbednych niejasnosci.Najtrudniejsza czescia swojej pracy zaliczylbym dalekie trasy,ale w kazdej pracy nie ma lekko ;) Najprzyjemniejsza czescia mojej pracy jest moment jej skonczenia :) a tak serio to mozliwosc pracy z ludzmi(pasazerami)bo dzieki temu ukształtowalem swoja osobowosc stajac sie przy tym czlowiekiem cierpliwym i otwartym na nowe wyzwania.Mimo tylu plusow mojej obecnej pracy chcialbym ja zamienic na prace w Polsce poniewaz tesknie juz za Ojczyzna i chcialbym sie jak najszybciej do niej wrocic.

A great place to work, a very good balance between work and private life. The salary matched the job duties. Great work environment, friendly colleagues, and a very professional work ethic.

excellent pay including rises

the railway is the job for life, if yiur happy living on 2 grand a month then this is where u shud be, its never the same day and always brings new stuff u haven't yet seen and believe me theres loads. i would recommend working here if i could i would.

Pros

free rail passes, excellent pay

Cons

Very good company to work for

Good. Company to work for, very good benefits package Inc free travel, exhalent HR department that happy to help with anything,. Would recommend this company..

Pros

Free travel

Demanding

This is a very demanding position which covers all aspects of customer care skills. Day to day - running a train station solely, selling a vast array of ticket types, stock ordering, cash and credit card balancing, passenger assistance (wheelchairs, deaf and visually impaired passengers), ensuring their safety at all times. Managing the safety of the station, gritting and salting in the winter months, clearing snow from the platforms and bridges, general cleaning and up keep of the station and its grounds. Always on high alert for danger, ie, failed trains, line closures and suicides. Dealing with complaints from irate customers and having to placate and deflect from anger and abusive passengers.

Pros

Free Travel within Arriva

Cons

Unsociable hours

Each day is different

I work in a good environment every day, based in a control room on the railways. One half of my role is based on providing evidence and proof to decide who has delayed the services, the other half is auditing trains, schedules and budget minutes to ensure we only pay for what we have caused. Any debates/disputes that cannot be decided on shift will go to Level 2, which means we have more time, more resources with fewer interruptions to gather all the required evidence. We are only a small team of 3 and we each take Level 1 & 2 in rotation over 3 weeks. The beauty of our role is finding the proof which then enables us to hammer home the answer to the debate without fear of contradiction, and in doing so we highlight individuals that have been less than cooperative or have provided inexactitudes in a bid to throw us off the scent. The more we dig, the more we expose and we eventually find the answer to the debate (dispute). We are running at 78% success on arguing the disputes.

Pros

Free Travel on Arriva Group Services

Cons

No management backing

Gerald

I work 5 days on 9 days off, whilst on duty Iam based in North Wales in Rhyl. I work from 06:00 am to 21:00, cooking and providing breakfast on the south bound express service to first class and standard passengers. I go shopping in and around Cardiff then I take shopping back to Canton depot and the train where I prepare any food from our welsh menus that I will need for the evening north bound dinner service. Also Managing and directing 2 stewards and making sure the restaurant layout is also ready for dinner service. * I have learned quite a lot during my 5 years working on the railway from very close working relations with staff, to helping in other areas not specifically in my job description : helping customers on and off the train giving directions and any useful information has given me a greater different knowledge of the public outside the confines of the kitchen workplace,its also great to interact with the passengers and not just cook for them. *I see a lot of the Arriva management team and its great to interact with them to get there views and good advice, this has helped me a great deal over the years especially my early working years. *Team work is a big aspect of this job as we work long hours so we,ve got to bring out the best in each other when the need arises and weve got a fantastic bonding not just in the work practise but in some cases for life. *The hardest part of my job at the moment is working long shifts 16/18hours a day over 5 days takes it toll, also the train/buffet car breaking down can be soul destroying its bad for us staff but I feel -

Pros

Good wages, holidays, good working enviroment, long term employment

Cons

long hours, away from my family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arriva Trains Wales. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement