Artist Residence

Insights into Artist Residence

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun, friendly, supportive workplace

If you're a positive, enthusiastic person looking to progress your hospitality career, the Artist Residence is a great place to do it. I've found the owners and managers to be incredibly supportive and encouraging, and I've learned so much while working for them! The whole team is absolutely fantastic and it feels like being part of a family

Pros

Friendly team, career progession opportunities

Cons

Fast paced, hectic sometimes

Fun, fast-paced and creative

I worked at Artist Residence for 5 years and learnt so much! I particularly loved how collaborative the company is and how all voices & opinions are heard, allowing team members to grow & develop quickly. There is always an exciting new creative project to work on, and the company is continuously growing and evolving, so there's never a dull moment!

Sunny People, Sunny Place!

Dream team of people to work with! I love so much that we communicate and support each other so fluidly across the sites. Everyone is always super warm, friendly and a joy to talk to! It’s amazing that Artist Residence doesn’t operate with a ‘one size fits all’ model in its approach to cultivating a team. I started in an entry-level role with no clear career plans. Close mentoring and support has not only helped me to figure out what I’d like to achieve but has also given me the skills and confidence to progress. I’m really excited to grow with the company and see what the future brings 💫

Fun and supportive workplace

Artist Residence is a great company to work with, they recognise skills and hard work and helped me progress my career with internal promotions. The team is a real family, and although hard work it is also social and team members support each other across departments. Hard work is rewarded and the salary is more than fair. I would highly recommend joining the company, especially if you are serious about career progression for an amazing, ever growing and unique ethos shaking up the industry in an amazing way!

Super friendly people

Honestly working here was a pleasure, i started off as a Barista and progressed within the hotel which was amazing as each day was different and didn't feel repetitive. Staff food was a plus!!! great tips, lovely staff who were a bunch of fun people what more can i say :)))))

Pros

staff food

Cons

You don't deserve that stress

I work for company for almost a year...What can I say about artist residence - (I don't want to be rude or anything) disorganised group, without clue how to run a business.Always in need for staff ALWAYS!Recruiting chefs and FoH all the time, cause everyone were leaving this company after realising for who they worked, and it's not only in Oxfordshire.Teamwork did not exist - without staff, there is no team, without team what is a teamwork?Poor salary for what are you doing here, plus long hours almost all the time understaffed.Management was changing so often, that you couldn't even have time to remember names...Everyday you could see, that they were loosing quality on everything.I'm scared to go this day over there, cause it might disappoint me even more.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, underpaid

Do not repeat same mistake

I used to work at Artist Residence for some time, before pandemic times... There was always problem to keep staff for longer!!!Always someone was leaving this place for a good reason... I am not even surprised to see, that they are looking for chefs and FoH again and again :X Best day in my life? Was when I left Mason Arms!This place was/is amazing, but only from customer side...To work there, it was a nightmare!!! Typical day = alway chaos.Company never knew, what they really wanted!Always promising a lot, but in the end nothing happened!Management was very poor, it never existed.VERY LONG work hours for people on salary, but yet very short for those who get paid hourly... hmmm, let think why?Job security or Culture? Well, wrong place! And culture- this word never existed here.

Pros

Beautiful building, and local area

Cons

Everything!

An Amazing Company

Working for Artist Residence is a breath of fresh air! The owners are the most inspiring people I have ever worked with... constantly looking for ways to improve and develop!

Inspiring People, Supportive, Flexible

Artist Residence have been supportive and flexible with my requests and ambitions. I have met so many interesting, kind and supportive people through working here. There is a real sense of wanting to get the best out of everyone and ambition and integrity is recognised and rewarded!

Cool place

Super fun place to work, everyone is nice and easy to get along with. There is so much room for progression within the company. I started as a Kitchen Porter and left as a Chef de Partie. Management are keen to talk about progression and career plans, met the owners a couple times, super friendly people.

Pros

Discount on food and stays

Really learnt a lot!

I started here as a waiter and left as a duty manager. It was a really great place to work if you love a high pressure environment that can be a little chaotic at times. Personally I love this, which is why I did so well and left learning a huge amount. They let me move from the restaurant to learn about the hotel, which was a huge bonus. Honestly, it can be a little disorganised at times but what I love about the company is that they are trying to fix issues. I mean it might take a bit of time but I have worked in many places where they just ignore it.

Pros

Listen to your ideas and fast progression

Cons

can be long hours and stressful

Fun and committed workplace

Running of the day to day hotel business. Checking people in and out. Taking reservations Managing cleaning and other staff Welcoming guests maintaining the upkeep Handling money and complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artist Residence. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2