Artist Residence

Insights into Artist Residence

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun and supportive workplace

Artist Residence is a great company to work with, they recognise skills and hard work and helped me progress my career with internal promotions. The team is a real family, and although hard work it is also social and team members support each other across departments. Hard work is rewarded and the salary is more than fair. I would highly recommend joining the company, especially if you are serious about career progression for an amazing, ever growing and unique ethos shaking up the industry in an amazing way!

You don't deserve that stress

I work for company for almost a year...What can I say about artist residence - (I don't want to be rude or anything) disorganised group, without clue how to run a business.Always in need for staff ALWAYS!Recruiting chefs and FoH all the time, cause everyone were leaving this company after realising for who they worked, and it's not only in Oxfordshire.Teamwork did not exist - without staff, there is no team, without team what is a teamwork?Poor salary for what are you doing here, plus long hours almost all the time understaffed.Management was changing so often, that you couldn't even have time to remember names...Everyday you could see, that they were loosing quality on everything.I'm scared to go this day over there, cause it might disappoint me even more.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, underpaid

Do not repeat same mistake

I used to work at Artist Residence for some time, before pandemic times... There was always problem to keep staff for longer!!!Always someone was leaving this place for a good reason... I am not even surprised to see, that they are looking for chefs and FoH again and again :X Best day in my life? Was when I left Mason Arms!This place was/is amazing, but only from customer side...To work there, it was a nightmare!!! Typical day = alway chaos.Company never knew, what they really wanted!Always promising a lot, but in the end nothing happened!Management was very poor, it never existed.VERY LONG work hours for people on salary, but yet very short for those who get paid hourly... hmmm, let think why?Job security or Culture? Well, wrong place! And culture- this word never existed here.

Pros

Beautiful building, and local area

Cons

Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Artist Residence. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

4.3Job security/advancement
  • Artist Residence
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?