ASDA

ASDA Employee Reviews

Found 7,495 reviews matching the search
Featured review
ASDA selected this as a representative review
Asda is a diverse and open place to work with plenty opportunity for advancement up the managment ladder.you get good opportunity to work in all areas of the store
Management is terrible always looking to get rid of people and a horrible atmosphere all over the store no continuity regarding standards across the board do as I say not as I do approach by management
Pros
Discount
Cons
Terrible atmosphere
Some staff are lovely & helpful,Others are clicky .The job it self keeps you fit , but when you have finished the job , nobody wants to help you or tell you what to do next. You are left tidying shelves , mangers don’t want to know . You just feel used by them .
Pros
Keeps you fit
Cons
Used
It is one of the fruitful experience of my lifetime I learn the the best experience of my lifeVery Highly recommended place to work Section leaders and managers are very understanding for their employees.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Short breaks
The hours were not very family friendly as late nights and weekends are part of a role in retail but with a good friendly team it can be a great place to work. Work hard and advancement is certainly possible
Pros
Friendly team and some fabulous customers
Cons
Late nights and weekends
Lovely people always busy, plenty of work to do, always lots of overtime and they look after you. Pension scheme and fair wages also discount card after 12 weeks service.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
A repetitive, but well paid job. One of the best places to work for any student, hours are okay and can easily pick up overtime within a minutes notice. The job is far from rewarding and the management lack basic social skills and traits typically attributed to a manager. Normally a manager will watch you work rather than help you work. However, any competent customer assistant can become a section leader. Communication is horrific between section leaders and managers, with some managers looking, and sounding surprised when you turn up to work because neither section leader or manager has communicated a change to the rota.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Really poor management
Good vibes between colleagues in warehouse but job can be long and hard during busy times. Communication between management could be better but overall the job is very satisfying.
Pros
Discount cards
Cons
Long hours and sometimes heavy work.
I liked it a firstfound your colleagues are very helpful i enjoyed this work but got laid off when time to set on and wage increase feel a bit 7sed to be honest led to believe I'd get full time and then laid off
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Fast paced
Worked there for 3 months and then walked out. Miserable drivers, miserable picker/packers, just generally miserable people. Feels like management, section/team leaders have their little favourites who suck up to them. You'd think being out delivering all day would be nice, especially in summer, but it's not. Hated working with such a bunch of miserable fs
Pros
Cons
No social life, no family life, bad pay, bad staff
A typical day would be doing the work of 3 people,if you didn't get enough done the management will bully you.The management but not so much team leaders get off on being bullies and hate it when you speak back.I went off with stress because of bullying.Work life balance is non existence as your so tired after a shift.Asda kept cutting staff but management would not stand up for remaining staff.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WORKING THERE.
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture, laziness amongst managers.
Lovely place to work. Always kind and helpful the management.Good bonus’s Work uniform provided.Easy to get to.Easy work to understand and helpful management
You’re used as a robot to just carry out whatever work the management can’t be bothered doing. The managers are awful and offer no support for anything you do. They expect incredible amounts of work for absolutely no reward or even gratitude. The managers all have an ego problem and expect everyone to kiss their feet
Pros
None.
Cons
Unrealistic expections, no rewards, no gratitude, poor management.
I only applied for this role as I wanted to beat the lockdown boredom so thought as a customer driver I would be able to get out and about. On my first shift I was met my the section leader who told me I would not be out driving today but learning the behind the scenes operations. I kind of expected that to be the case to be fair. After talking to the other staff there they told me this was highly unlikely and probably would be more likely 2/3 weeks before you get out and driving. If I was told this at the interview I would not have bothered waisting my time. Asda you need to be more transparent and upfront with what the expectations of the role actually is. In truth you are expected to do a few weeks stacking crates and pushing trolleys around the warehouse and helping with click and collect. I think driver turnover is quite high so they get you In waiting in the wings for the next driver to leave then slot you in, this way they maintain driver numbers and no interruption to customer delivery.
Pros
Staff and management were polite and welcoming
Cons
Not honest at the outset about the job role !
Great company great job and a good team to work with The time you work with always friendly accompany is a good coming to work for who is looking after staff it always
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Was ok 5yrs ago.but atmosphere you need a sharp knife to cut it.booking holidays is got to remind them.managermebt need retraining on how to respect staff.push push to get job done.opinion dont.
Pros
Look after you mates.
Cons
Money and paid breaks need looking at.
I enjoyed my 16 years working at Asda.I only left as couldn’t get my final store transferring back to boldon. Getting back into Asda has been hard.I truelly recommend Asda to anyone wanting to start from scratch to furthering there experience and qualifications ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Pros
great experience
Cons
Not getting certain awards I wanted
Amazing colleagues and great pay, however not very respectful of your time and will work you to death given the opportunity, which isn't too bad as they won't make you permanent and will just continually extend your seasonal contract to keep your rights limited.But... If you want to make plenty of money on a temporary basis and bulk up your savings or you're currently unemployed then it's a fantastic option and not a job I personally regret. I would have happily remained if given the job security.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
You'll have no life
Asda is godawful. Colleagues are mostly nice. Management are alright. The work, however, is utterly pointless and repetitive and the music drums its way into the cranium like a talentless woodpecker pecking through the thin bark of one's sanity. I would not recommend asda to anybody.
Pros
Some benefits/ discounts. Merely trinkets and baubles.
Cons
Too many.
In the job role I was in at Asda it’s a very fast paced job and therefore need to ensure you are quick thinking and know exactly what you’re doing and where products are kept.
Management will work you to death and then tell you that you're letting them down when you can't come in on the day of your funeral. They are the absolute worst part of the job. Everything comes down to numbers and sales, and all you'll ever be is someone to make them more money.
Pros
some lovely people to work with, discount.
Cons
Understaffed, management play favourites, expected overtime, insufficient equipment, made to feel bad for taking sick time or bereavement.
  1. Employee reviews