ASDA logo
ASDA

ASDA Employee Reviews

Found 7,653 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,839 reviews

Overall friendly place to work

Featured review

ASDA selected this as a representative review
Asda is a diverse and open place to work with plenty opportunity for advancement up the managment ladder.you get good opportunity to work in all areas of the store

It pays the bills

Not the best job, not the worst. Management aren’t around most of the time when you require help at the store, then when you ask for help most of the time you’re ignored

Pros

Good drivers

Cons

Bad pay

Unprofessional and extreme

The job it’s self is not necessarily an issue, it’s fast paced but it’s fine. Management is shocking, it’s such a sneaky, unfair and unprofessional environment. Not to mention they work every single ounce of you while you are there. Management try to get out of paying you where due or extra payments you are entitled to. Only one day off at Christmas and not aloud to take Christmas holidays.

Pros

10% colleague discount

Second home

Good place to work enjoy going to work. My management team always help me to balance my family life. Management team always appreciated my work. Good opportunites to develop yourself if you want to make career as management team.

Pros

Good managers

Cons

Continue reducing hours

Terrible work place.

I found working at Asda Bishop Auckland a bad experience. They regularly change your shifts at last minute and you never get your breaks. I found poor management throughout the store with a bullying culture. A high turnover of staff shows this to be the case.

Pros

Discount card

Cons

Poor management throughout the business

Productive and fun workplace

It’s really great place to work (ASDA) I have been employed since April 2021 I have worked for Asda since 1999 The management is great an very understanding it’s just like one big happy family .

Pros

Discount

Cons

Don’t have none

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working in ASDA, flexible time,nice colleague's good level of overtime. Met with nice costumer and some costumer not nice, racist.Massive thanks for Harrogate checkout operator team!

Pros

Double colleague discount

Best Company To Work For

This is the best work place I have personally ever worked for. The management are so lovely and helpful as are the staff. There is no bitchiness or backstabbing. The company is like a big family

Cons

The Store i worked in was a friendly store

Store are a friendly bunch, I have made a lot of good friends here. I. Gonna miss the whole team but it was time for me to make a fresh start in another part of the country

Pros

10% discount off shopping and discounts from 3rd parties

Cons

Heavy lifting, fast paced

Unorganised, low paid, overworked shambles.

Asda are one of the greediest companies I have worked for, if they can get away with it, they will take what they can from you, when they can.You’re paid the same as everyone else in store, even though you can load and deliver up to 1.5t of shopping (but I’d say on average it’s around the 800kg-1200kg) in all weathers, in a day. Any perks have gradually been taken away, and are pretty non-existent. Vans are dirty, have no air-con and are in a generally poor state and like most things you have to work with at Asda (nothing gets fixed, until it’s broken and then that’s only if they really have to). They’re always trying to find ways to put more work on you when they can. They’re always short on staff, calling you on your days off and even your holidays to see if you’ll cover a shift. They will even ring you at 5am, if they’re desperate for a shift needing to be covered. The more you help out, the more they’ll ask you. They expect the world, but can make it hard for you to do it. Unless it suits them, then they’ll ask you bend the rules you’d normally get in trouble for bending. You can work 100hrs a week and no overtime pay, flat rate all day everyday ….. Actually, you’ll be lucky if you get a thanks.Management want good numbers, that’s all they care about. They don’t care about you. But some are ok, but their numbers and skin will always come first.Some customers are nice, a lot are pretty obnoxious though. Luck of the draw on that….And you are contractually obligated to work one weekend day every week. Even if you only worked one day per week, it’d have to be a weekend -

Pros

10% discount card and going home.

Cons

A lot.

Jobs at ASDA

See more jobs

Management in office not special but colleagues down front are brilliant

Unfair to colleagues and don't listen to people who are fair but just take notice and listen to others. You try your cost for company and they kick you in the teeth

Pros

Cons

Don't stand by employees

Awful place to work except staff

The other floor workers same of you are great... section leaders good... managers awful.Too much work to be done on your own... which they do on many occasions... sick pay late or not at all in some instances, always payroll issue. Holidays paid in correctly.Overall not worth the hassle.

Pros

Days off

Cons

Most things

Clicky environment. Too many Managers! Stressful working environment.

Horrible place to work, very clicky and way too many Managers with conflicting ways of doing things, A couple of members of Staff including some Managers can only be described as Bullies so much so the staff turnover is ridiculous. You have to be VERY thick skinned to work in the Elgin Store in Moray Scotland. Hours can also be very unsociable with the store being 24hrs, you are also pressured to work over your contract hours. You are rushing around to get your jobs completed on minimum members of Staff. Did not Agree with many of the Bakery processes in this store.

Pros

Cons

Unsociable hours, pressure to work more than contracted hours.

Was welcomed and everyone was friendly

Really enjoyed going to work for this company.It wass a shame that i wasn't kept on after Christmas contract had ended, was told they could not keep me on due to manager telling me money allowance in recruiting the few taken on had run out.!

Home Delivery Driver

The quality of the section Leaders is poor. Only found two of them sort of ok. The organisation is zero and chaotic. The staff morale is low and people leave all the time. The pay is pathetic and the hours are poor. My contracted hours were only three shifts at 21 hours. There is no overtime rate at all. Sometimes you can clock on at 2:pm but not get loaded for two hours - as they are always short of pickers. The vans are poorly maintained and always have a problem in one way or another! Do not work for these if you need to earn money for a living - as you won’t!

Pros

Cons

Too many by far

Avoid

Boring working with poor management. If you don’t hit their targets, management will hound you, spy on you and say nasty comments to you. It’s awful work with no perks.

Pros

Clocking out

Cons

Boring

Managers don’t care about anyone

Managers will not listen to anything you have got to say. They make you stay on late because other staff members haven’t done there job properly! They tell you that they would give you 20 hours a week but I was doing 40/50 hours!!!

Pros

Wages were fair

Cons

Long hours, managers are poor

It’s a job.

As a store colleague you do your basic boring mundane task and get paid fairly for it. However it has little to no satisfaction for those that like to be mentally stimulated. Higher up as a supervisor you are stepped on daily, expected to do so much and go above and beyond and never get any recognition whatsoever and you certainly don’t get paid enough for what you do as usually the extra £1/ph you earn ends up being taxed off of you anyway. Can’t say how being a manager would be but from what I’ve seen I don’t think there would be enough money in the world to make me take that job, they constantly look like they’re about to drop dead from a heart attack from the sheer amount of pressure and stress they’re under.So in summary, as long as you’re happy to come in do your job and go home and have the ability to let the drama go over your head and not be bothered about no support from your superiors then sure, it’s an okay place to work.

Pros

Colleague discount

Cons

Unflexible hours. Lack of support.

Fun workplace but not great salary

The managers and other staff members are great and it’s a fun place to work, however all breaks are unpaid and you only recieve a 10% discount, with very occasional 20%.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, unpaid breaks

Poor management

Hardly any respect for management as they expect you to do work within a time limit which is impossible with amount of stock. If you want to progress you have to be a a##e licker hence poor management now as they have shagged their way to where they are

Pros

Other colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Positive work environment.

Job is so inclusive to everyone, I have never noticed anyone being treated differently to one another, that goes for the cashiers to managment. If you have any problems with your rota it is sorted out straight away, the only negative I can say is Its retail so is extremely boring unless busy. I have worked in retail most of my life and I can honestly say I have never worked for a fairer company.

Pros

10% discount after 10 weeks of employment.

Cons

Boring work if quite, witch isnt that often!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2K