ASDA

Bristol109 reviews

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,685 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

Review for Bristol

Great team, good atmosphere. Didn't work there for that long and I was only part time for a brief period but it was great. Shift patterns worked well

Unethical

Unethical ! Warehouse environment is a hostile environment unhappy people that permanently bring you down . Job for life if that’s what you’d like out of life !

Pros

Lieu days

Cons

Taking lieu days off .

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,292 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place to work.

Worked for them for 34 years and would highly recommend the job to everyone they look after you the benefit you get with the job are really great especially if you’ve got a good work ethic. I had a few health issues which they could have let me go but because I was willing to work they kept me on and found work within the transport department for me . Only reason I left was due to relocating closer to family or I would still be there.

Pros

Discount at stores and other benefits which you don’t get at other jobs.

Cons

Shift work and weekends but that comes with working in the food industry.

soul draining

terrible place to work, you are expected to live and breathe ASDA, section leaders are down right disrespectful and you are allowed to not do any work if part of their in clique.

Decent place to work

I work as a picker which is easy. It’s a bit boring but it’s decent pay and I find it a decent place to work. The discount card is a great bonus. I find the people quite friendly but a lot of the younger colleagues don’t really speak much as they have their headphones in.

Pros

Discount card

Asda just don’t care especially about pharmacy

The environment I work in is not safe for colleagues or patients. There are increasingly more mistakes being made because of lack of staff. Also the amount of abuse we are now getting from patients has increased tenfold

Pros

Discount card

Cons

Lack of staff

Feel part of a team

Good people to work with and feel part of a team. Downfalls are company is always trying to save money on wages meaning you end up being understaffed but they expect the store to be in perfect operation.

Avoid if you care about your mental health

It was really a bad experience for my mental health to work for Asda, bad management, bully culture...In my opinion, I would not recommend working for this company if you care about your personal mental health.I left that job with Hypertension and Anxiety.

Alright..

Job itself was not too hectic or busy. Stacking shelves and moving stock was not hard. Customers were usually ok with the odd one or two that would be a bit difficult but nothing crazy. Main issue was with management who weren’t cohesive together and would have conflicting instructions/opinions. One manager pulled me aside and said he had my notice in his hand and would give it if I didn’t improve at work, but didn’t give my indication as to what to do, what I was doing wrong and said the exact same thing to other colleagues. A few managers were really good but that was a minority.

Boring, repetitive job full of managers who have no clue

Boring repetitive job with managers who have no idea how to organise their department or time manage correctly. Also the place is FULL of favouritism from managers and section leaders, if you’re a friend of the managers/section leaders you can get away with however much you like, and do as little as you like, everyone else then has to pick up the slack. Full of lazy people who try and do the bare minimum.

It’s ok

It’s a alright place to work not great.The pay is alright, however the deadlines they give you for a task isn’t long enough.Decent people working there except management is awful.

Avoid at all cost

Bad management, facilities in a poor state of repair, faulty equipment, there is a culture of management bullying staff. Contracts broken weekly. Don’t bother

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Bad management, poor facilities

Good experience

Working here was fast paced and you learn lots about customer service, working under pressure and general retail operations.It was a good experience and you can be flexible with shifts etc

Pros

Flexibility

Last resort place to work

Asda is a place for retired people to work or for youngsters getting their first job before moving on. Also suitable for those that only want to work a couple of days around children. It’s a dump and the managers running it don’t have a clue what they are doing. Pay is now 20% less than the other retail brands. Use it until you find something better as staff are treated like dirt and all the manager is interested in is what goes in the till

They take enthusiastic people, and turn them into unhappy people.

The word of ASDA comes down from on high, and lower management run around like headless chickens, trying to make it happen. You ask questions, and don't get any sensible answers. They give you health and safety lectures,then expect you to ignore them, as it's the only way you can get the job done. They go on about customer service, but don't provide the goods, or give you enough time to try to appease the fed up customer. Travel and doorstep times are now impossible. Vans don't get serviced or repaired, unless you refuse to drive them, and they rarely get cleaned. There is no longer any time for COVID safety, and you are expected to Go into the dirtiest places. If a customer is at the top of a block of flats, you are expected to take it up to them, even if there are no lifts. PDAs are often faulty, with no sat-nav, so you have to use your phone. You are lucky if you get some sack trucks to use with bigger orders. You have to check your load for anything with security tags on, as not all of the vans have the tool for removing bottle tags. When you get back to the store, you are expected to put all of the returns back on the shops floor, which can be a lot due to lots of substitutes. You don't get paid for your break, whether you take it or not. Etc, etc,...

Pros

Discount card if you can last 6 months.

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Good start in retail, only progress if your willing to put your life on hold

Ahh, so. Mainly the problem is management and “ways of working”. Too many orders handed down from people with no real knowledge of the jobs being asked. Some of the management can be rude even when approached fairly. Honestly though after nearly 7 years I had enough of it and would never return. No real positives to say apart from if your looking for a low paid experience earner then it would suit you. Simple as that I’m afraid.

Pros

Ha, none. Slowly taking them all away.

Cons

Management. Low pay, even on nights. Lacking benefits compared to when I first started.

Avoid at all cost’s terrible work environment

Well what, I can I say! After reading other people’s reviews on here. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has issues here. From the physically demanding work, pointlessly short break or poor pay! Its a very toxic and depressing environment in the depot yo you’ll come home physically and mentally drained

Pros

Finishing work

Cons

To many to list

productive

Asda is a diverse and open place to work with plenty opportunity for advancement up the managment ladder.you get good opportunity to work in all areas of the store

Good but turned sour with new owners

So I was at Asda for 5 years and it was OK working there. Working with a great team that become friends, flexible working hours, even most managers that you can get on with. The pay wasn't great however.Very slowly towards the end of my time it started to go downhill, with a new contract with not set shifts of hours and other little things. Everyone refused it. We also had enough members of staff at one point throughout the day, people would leave and not get replaced. It got to the point where on the Fresh department there were only 3 of us to run it. Before it would be 12+.I left after someone opened my eyes and told me not to waste any more time here. I then left.I still keep in contact with some and they tell me how it's got even worse. New owners come in and it all changed. Everyone was forced onto the new terrible contract otherwise they would be sacked. Night rate decreased from 10am-6pm to midnight-4am.Alot of people have left since, and there is no such thing as a team anymore. People have been moved around with starting times that don't suit their lives so the life work balance is now rubbish also.

Pros

Cons

Low Pay, New Owners, Work Life Balance, Work Emviroment

Terrible management, still haven't been paid

Had difficulties with clocking in, as a result hours were not logged, still have not been paid over 2 weeks later despite speaking with management and HR.Also tried to discuss options to possibly change hours as was struggling with the very early shifts, was spoken to very rudely by management in response.Left after 3 weeks as did not want to continue working in that sort of environment.

Pros

Job itself was straightforward

Cons

Could be very tedious walking up and down the same aisles non-stop. Definitely need very good, comfortable shoes for the job too.

Avoid working here!

Probably the worst place for any warehouse work in the UK. Little to no breaks, and horrible indoor work enivorment like a modern cold concentration camp. Overall, if you want a job where you work yourself like a mindless machine non-stop, then come work for Asda warehouse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement