ASDA

ASDA Employee Reviews in London

London278 reviews

Found 278 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,671 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

Do it if you want to built career in retail.

It is a place where you will learn and enjoy only if you have nice colleagues and supervisor. Fast paced work, target driven. The biggest issue was attrition as staff use to leave within 1 month.

Pros

Extra Shifts

Cons

Attrition

terrible place

a typical day is rushing about you learn nothing some managers treat you terribly workplace culture is terrible the hardest part is convincing yourself to show up and their is nothing fun about this job

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,253 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Good

Stressful job because now they have cut hours meaning less collleuges when it’s so busy. Can’t progress and mangment is not good. Some colleagues are nice and some are lazy

Fair to staff

It's okay. It's a job at the end of the day and it pays what it pays. Nothing else to say really. What else would you want. fair to their staff and customers are just customers.

Decent I guess

High stress, fast paced, made into an outcast if not part of the cliques, unreasonable expectations. There is a horrible atmosphere and blame culture as everyone is under too much pressure from your manager. High sickness rates due to stress. High turnover of staff due to unappreciation. Unreasonable and impossible expectations.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Good

Good very good I highly recommend working here it’s a great job and secure. Breaks are nice. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful I recommend it highly

Nice workplace to be

The work is kind of physical one than that of we think but it depends on which department you work according to the department the work may be different

Pros

Managable shift

Cons

No over time extra payment

Bad place

Okay place to work with a lot of good staff. The pay was not good however it was justified with the easy work. The rota needs improving as you are working most weekends.

Depends if you are friends with management or not

This company isn't very bad if you're friends with managers. But your life will turn miserable if they dont like you. I felt like a machine working there just an extra number. You leave the company they replace you with 10 others. Simple as..

Productive and Fun Place to work

I genuinely used to love coming to work and maybe looking back, I definitely would've tried to move further in the company. I worked here for 5 years across different departments.

I had fun

Only worked part time as a second job, good management and colleagues. Main stress was customers, some people are horrid to retail staff, the customer is not always right!!!

Great

Great place to work Great peoplegreat atmospheregood customer service pay is alright can't really complain.Night shifts are really smooth, but during the day is also good

ASDA is a good place to work if you are wanting something steady, salary isnt the best but the pople I worked with were great and that goes a logn way.

Fun and different

It is an exciting place to work and the people who you meet are always helpful and fun to be aroundI have learnt the importance of customer service and back stage work to ensure customers enjoy their experience at a show or event.

Fun colleagues

Job was fine as per the description. However be prepared to have a go go go work environment and have to cover work loads which should be completed by 2 people

Pros

Discount

Cons

New management running shops to the ground

New management teams with little or no knowledge are running shops, to the ground! Old management teams with years of knowledge have either been removed or moved, and whole new teams have come in. Even high roles such as SD’s have less knowledge than ordinary colleagues! Causing wage mistakes, process mistakes leading to stressful working conditions. All departments are cutting hours, with no overtime available, forcing colleagues to apply for benefits to live, the consequences of this is when colleagues go sick or on annual leave, it is short staffed, causing stress and an overwhelming situation for those working these hours!

Delivery Driver

I work there is OK had experience but pay was little low get to meet customers with their shopping showing good approach in myself. Plus you are in charge of yourself.

Pros

Just load Van and go it's freedom

Cons

Pay is little low lots of back breaking

Cool

Your loyal customer base is outstanding. Customers often ask for you by name and you have a lot of repeat customers as a result. Great job!Clients constantly request you for advice to solve their problems. You’ve become quite the go-to person with our customers.

Decent pay

Decent pay but could give more shift hours when needed instead of cutting them down because they’re over staffed.

Not a good place to work for students

Not really accommodating to their employees needs… they put a lot of pressure on you for you to agree to do overtime even if it doesn’t fit with your schedule. Overall super stressful and not the best environment for students who are looking for part time employment.

lack of respect for colleagues although flexible

no sympathy for customers or colleagues, section leaders try the best to hold the team together, and sometimes destroy them. too stressful, short breaks, not fun

Pros

flexible

Cons

read the other reviews and you'll see

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

• ASDA
  • London
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?