ASDA

United Kingdom561 reviews

Found 561 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,701 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

easy job terrible management

the job itself is pretty simple and easy to get into but the way the company is run is terrible no care for staff from most of management and when section leaders try and help there team they are told they can't do there job by management

Pros

easy good benefits

Cons

management, job structure, can be moved at any minute

Very poor

Management is poorly run and when explaining about you missing hours on your pay slip they do not really seem to be bothered about getting problems resolved but yet straight on your back if you do something wrong same people are always getting same jobs there is no job rotation, Management is not professional they speak about your private business to others. Also if your a hard worker you have to stay back while everyone else gets a earlier finish n they make you feel like your getting a punishment for being a hard worker when actually should be other way round.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Poor food quality, poor management, wages wrong every pay day

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,317 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Favourites well looked after

Worked there for nearly 3 years and women are well looked after compared to guys. It’s not a nice place to work they work you until you are broken physically and mentally. Stay away for the sake of your own health.

Pros

Cheap things

Cons

Work you into the grave

Productive environment

Management are friendly and always willing to help. Pay is fair no matter what your age. the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers on the shop floor.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Rude customers

A good place to work during uni

Asda is ideal for working seasonally while at uni. The pay is good. The work is physically tiring but it's good exercise. The employee discount is very convenient. There is a mix of quality management and poor management. It's effectively zero hours work and very high flexibility is demanded. The hours can be unsociable.

Pros

Decent pay, friendly colleagues

Cons

Very tiring work, you are monitored closely

Not bad if you want certain amount of hours

Survivable place to work. Has some decent benefits but the pay was lower. They changed a lot just before I left including introducing a new contract that was shocking so I left on the spot.

Low morale

Only care about appearances of the store and even that these days is shocking. Increasingly low work morale, not enough staff to safely deliver care, forever trying to cut hours while expecting same if not more work. Management are dreadful and not supportive although claim to be. Broken equipment, not enough equipment, old tills that forever have errors (asking to be replaced for nearly 2 years, still waiting). And the cherry on the top, no pay rise this year apparently so wages are going 'up' to minimum wage. Lowest paid of the supermarkets. Why anyone would want to come and work here is beyond me. Avoid.

Pros

Good work colleagues.

Cons

Too many to list

Repetitive and hard work

as a home shopper, it is so much hard work to do, making your back hurt and drained. It is incredibly repetitive and make the younger colleagues to do all of the work. However, good pay, although i think we deserve more.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Boring and repetitive

High pace stressful working environment with poor management

Unfair work loads with no praise or recognition for going the extra mile, very poor management (however this may be different at other shops) but wouldn’t recommend overall as the pay is poor for the amount of stress and work you are required to do on a daily basis with no appreciation for it. Would only recommend as a part time job whilst looking for another job.

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

Poor management, Stressful work, no appreciation

Not best company

Hard worked, poorly payed. Mithered to do extra. Monitored work. Understaffed and unfair distribution of work. Lazy managers.Difficult to get ppe. Dirty washrooms and toilets. Equipment unfit for use in a lot of cases and unclean.Understaffed so one person has to do two peoples work.Most employees are unhappy.

Pros

10 percent discount

Cons

Constantly in the go

Poorly managed

If I could give less stars it would be zero, I don't think there was a single perk. Terrible management, no one has a clue what's going on, equipment to preform job was not there which would waste lots of time finding it like 40 minutes sometimes

Stressful workspace not enough staff

The manger of Asda is never on the shop floor you can’t talk to anyone about your problems there are never solutions for your problems from management you have to figure out the solutions yourself then deal with the consequences if not right the turn over in staff is ridiculous because the work load is too much.

Pros

10% off shopping

Cons

No staff, no paid breaks, wages always under paid.

Bad place to wirk

The store I worked in was always busy, freezing cold and so called team leaders were abominable. No appreciation of work done well at all they were Like little hitlers. Give them a bit of authority and it goes straight to their head! Pay ok & hours were eventually given to suit me better but overall not a great experience whatsoever and the worst thing was having to deal with rude customers every single day that don’t appreciate your just doing your job in that you’re told to scan fast. A smile would be appreciated once in a while.

Pros

Can do part time

Cons

Long hours depending on shift

Not bad money, very easy work mornings are busy due to delivery , management are ok promotion is good if you want it, training is minimal but it’s not hard work.

Unprofessional

No training. No induction. Just threw me in at the deep end to get on with it. Money is ridiculous. Worst company ever worked for.

I currently still work for Asda and I’m looking forward to more fun and exciting times to come 😁.

Not paid enough for how much is expected

Expected to do so much more than what is advertised. If someone is off or sick you are expected to pick up their work as well as your own in the same amount of time you have to do your work. No credit given for staying extra and helping

Over worked, underpaid, not appreciated

You are just a number to Asda. They do not care about work/life balance. If you do not live and breathe Asda, you won’t fit in. If you can not stay on over your shift at a drop of a hat, literally as I’m about to clock out, managers get funny with you. Don’t bother booking holidays they will all get declined.

Managers put too much pressure on u

I've just given my notice in at an Asda convince store as the managers put far too much pressure on me for the wages I was on. Managers where watching me and putting unnessesary pressure & stress on me to be quicker. Not a nice environment to be in. Happy I'm out of it. On to better, happier things 😉

Pros

Cons

Constantly being monitored and watched. Terrible moral in store.

Discount is Good

Very strenuous work lf you’re working on the shop floor. Job is great for a start-up, really good double discount days too. Teamwork in certain areas is great, but very gossipy environment if you want to keep yourself to yourself. Management don’t care about your mental health, but the team leaders do and couldn’t be nicer.

Over worked

The hardest part of the job is having a lot to do in a short amount of time time. Then management complains that staff don't work hard enough. It also doesn't help that there isn't enough equipment fall all the staff.

Pros

10٪ Discount

Cons

Poor communication between staff and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

Learn about ASDA in popular locations

• ASDA