ASDA

Associate547 reviews
United Kingdom547 reviews

Found 547 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,474 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

Not paid enough for how much is expected

Expected to do so much more than what is advertised. If someone is off or sick you are expected to pick up their work as well as your own in the same amount of time you have to do your work. No credit given for staying extra and helping

I currently still work for Asda and I’m looking forward to more fun and exciting times to come 😁.

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,013 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Over worked, underpaid, not appreciated

You are just a number to Asda. They do not care about work/life balance. If you do not live and breathe Asda, you won’t fit in. If you can not stay on over your shift at a drop of a hat, literally as I’m about to clock out, managers get funny with you. Don’t bother booking holidays they will all get declined.

Managers put too much pressure on u

I've just given my notice in at an Asda convince store as the managers put far too much pressure on me for the wages I was on. Managers where watching me and putting unnessesary pressure & stress on me to be quicker. Not a nice environment to be in. Happy I'm out of it. On to better, happier things 😉

Pros

Cons

Constantly being monitored and watched. Terrible moral in store.

Discount is Good

Very strenuous work lf you’re working on the shop floor. Job is great for a start-up, really good double discount days too. Teamwork in certain areas is great, but very gossipy environment if you want to keep yourself to yourself. Management don’t care about your mental health, but the team leaders do and couldn’t be nicer.

Over worked

The hardest part of the job is having a lot to do in a short amount of time time. Then management complains that staff don't work hard enough. It also doesn't help that there isn't enough equipment fall all the staff.

Pros

10٪ Discount

Cons

Poor communication between staff and management.

Long hours, low pay and no career progression

Nightshift. WOrked long hours and tried very hard for a promotion for 2years.Discrimination based on gender and ethnicity are common.Managers are pushy and there is no reward for performance.People are unmotivated and the general morale is low.Depressive environmentWages are very low,no benefits.

Decent pay but unrealistic working targets

The pay is decent. Not sure about the unrealistic targets they set though, not enough workers to meet these targets either. New workers often quit, for a variety of reasons I’m sure, but not surprising with the amount they expect you to do whilst being understaffed.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

Busy night shift, stocking up

Mostly friendly. As long as you are doing your job you are pretty much left alone. Some people just put the stuff out without rotation on the dates. Leads to waste but don't seem to care. Some been there a long time and can be a bit complacent. A lot complain. Some CBA attitude. Some do care and do job properly. Cleaning of the store could be better. Heavy work not for the unfit or the CBA people. Hourly rate Midnight to 5am good. Rest of it not so good.

Pros

Night rate

Cons

Heavy work

Asda

Was an OK place to work. Had options of shifts, although weekend work is a requirement. Management were supportive and job was relatively straightforward although stressful.

Wouldn’t bother applying for asda

Worst place I’ve ever worked. There’s too much stuff to write down for this box. Just don’t apply for Asda you’re definitely not appreciated within the work place

Terrible Management

have to chase up my own pay for months on end, each pay the got it wrong and never fixed it when i asked, never received any payslips, other colleges are disrespectful and rude, everyone is in it for the drama and the management were terrible and couldn’t help with anything. never got told i did something right and expecting way to much from 1 person, overall wouldn’t recommend

Pros

shift pattern

Cons

everything

Lovely job

I worked here for 5 years across different departments. I genuinely used to love coming to work and maybe looking back, I definitely would've tried to move further in the company. It's the perfect starter job and super supportive whilst studying.

Pros

Great discounts

Cons

Early starts

Terrible

Everything is done incorrectly, nothings done by the text book. Just an absolute joke to be working for them at this point. The only good thing is the money.

Bad

Like any company nowadays they fill u full of rubbish then when u get to working it’s nothing like what they have said, deluded management and lazy selfish colleagues

Pros

You can leave

Cons

To many

Terrible

I've had terrible times at work .even seen some colleagues really down and upset with work. Kve personally been insulted and swron at by management. Threatened and bothered.

Noice

Asda was a fun experience, my first retail experience and interacting with customers was challenging at first but when I realised all they need is my help, it was calm seas, as I went to heaven and back to make my customers happy and satisfied.

Face paced but easy workplace

Busy at times but quite easy- deliveries, maintaining stock levels etc. Once you get to grips with te job it is easy and the rate of pay is good for what you do.

Good pay, good management most of the time. I never had any problems. Hours were hit and miss when I first started. With my store if you showed you did the job well you got hours. Fantastic people I worked with. I'd recommend ASDA as a good place to work.

Awful to work for

Managers with major chips on their shoulders , they speak to you like dirt and behind your back , they need to learn some people skills . Threaten colleagues with 4 weeks notice if you refuse to work on a different department to what your contract says

Pros

10% discount card

Cons

No paid breaks, don’t like giving contracts over 16 hours, colleagues being told to work faster, they expect a lot off one person

Awful place to work

Some decent colleagues, bad management, lazy and incompetent. Blame the shop floor staff when they don't muck in and help. The whole place needs a shake up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

Learn about ASDA in popular locations

• ASDA