ASDA

United Kingdom602 reviews

Found 602 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,499 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

Enjoyable

I enjoy most parts of the job, they don’t train you just throw you in the deep end, the only downside is being forced to work in the kiosk ( which I don’t like )

It's ran via Skeleton Crew technique

If your super tolerable you'll be OK, the job is fun but the work place environment and management are not. There are good people working here but are failed by lack luster supervision from some managers etc. No one high up seems to have the initiative to take a employee who glows with opportunity and help progress and push there career.

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,039 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Couldn’t fault the place, Full of fun friendly people, Well organised. The pay is great and the place is just ran perfectly, I look forward to working there everyday

Cons

Great, fun, manageable, flexible hours All the hours you want / needEnergetic and learnt lots of skillsFriendly staff Customers can be problematic at times

Fine for students

Easy enough work, decent pay, good colleagues as most are youngBut can be hard to get holidays off when you want and some managers make it hard to work around uni classes etc, 8 hour contracts but some are working 30+ a week, wouldn't get your rota until maybe a day or 2 before the week starts

I had fun

Only worked part time as a second job, good management and colleagues. Main stress was customers, some people are horrid to retail staff, the customer is not always right!!!

Avoid

Avoid, terrible work environment, bad management, rude colleagues, unorganised. Uncaring and very rude to customers, Easy to get hired easy to get fired, terrible workforce, badly paid.

Cons

Worst company i have worked for!

General Manager and Second Manager were absolutely awful people, They never thanked you for a job well done. I was working 30-50 hours overtime a week. Always told off for petty things. (God forbid if you have a couple of minutes of quiet and you talk to another employee you get told off)

Pros

Cons

Pay, Zero respect, constantly telling you off for small things, cant even enquire about your own pay has to go through manager who has to speak on your behalf.

Not great

Management are many brilliant and are quiet rude No flexibility unless your lucky Hours aren’t great Abused by customers regularly No support from managers or team leaders

Pros

Discount

Cons

Easy job but poor management.

Easy job but poor management and being short staffed make it a stressful and unfair place to work. Benefits and perks being cut as more is being asked of you.

Health and well-being ok, management disorganized

The communication is alot to be desired. Management are derogatory and take advantage. Seem to take on board health issues.Can take advantage of kind natured people.Can discriminate.

Pros

Free thank you buffet occasionally

Cons

Long late hours

Management are a joke

No flexibility in your shifts and managers tend to be up their own back sides. However, not a difficult job and is easy pay for what it is and it is very stable

Probably wouldn’t recommend

It’s alright if it’s only temporary but wouldn’t recommend for a long term job as getting rid of people is a regular thing for them. Expect too much from people.

Variety of positions on checkouts

Been working for Asda for about 13 years now, people friendly get a good relationship with some of the customers over a period of time and if want to move on to other depts always a chance to go for it pension offer discount off your shopping.

Pros

Discount of your shopping

Cons

Unsociable hours

Good work culture and enthusiasm at work place

My experience at ASDA was very good, I was happy working there and never thought of changing my job, I left at ASDA since I moved to Netherlands otherwise I would have never left my job.

Management is tyrannical, the staff is the only thing worthy staying for.

My experience was alright for the job it is, but there are many questionable problems, firstly, the staff are what makes it bareable to stay, other then that, the managers can act tyrannical at points, they WILL deny you holiday, will guilt you to come in, will push other peoples jobs on you, they also change our contracts without letting us seeing it or letting us know. We are stuck on temp, and I've been there over a year now, and the standards at my store are dropping, no one is staying becuase its simply not worth it. When I started (I do evening locking up shifts) they expect you to carry 2 people job, now I carry about 4.

Staff are friendly, constantly stressed, management have no clue just pile on to a workload that is never gonna get done due to staff shortages, need to do more to help staff and be flexible with childcare issues

Tiring

My colleagues and bosses are mostly nice here, but it's very tiring work depending on the department (I work on self scan) which means a lot of walking.

Pros

Nice staff mostly

Cons

Forced to pick up overtime

amaxing

they treat staff with respect always have got your back in tricky situations you meet people get on with them and managers were lovley we got on excellent

Avoid if you care about your mental health

It was really a bad experience for my mental health to work for Asda, bad management, bully culture...In my opinion, I would not recommend working for this company if you care about your personal mental health.I left that job with Hypertension and Anxiety.

Asda is certainly an ideal place to work.

I worked for Asda a few years at the hollingbury Brighton and found the company the ideal place to work. I worked in checkout and George. The managers were very understanding and allowed flexibility. I was a student and I had really good time. I don't mind returning to work there.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about Asda. The strong point is team spirit Asda.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

Learn about ASDA in popular locations

• ASDA