ASDA

United Kingdom704 reviews

Found 704 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,491 reviews
colleaguediscountcheckoutwhilstrotashoppingcanteenshelf

Decent I guess

High stress, fast paced, made into an outcast if not part of the cliques, unreasonable expectations. There is a horrible atmosphere and blame culture as everyone is under too much pressure from your manager. High sickness rates due to stress. High turnover of staff due to unappreciation. Unreasonable and impossible expectations.

Pros

Decent pay

Stressful and overworked

I was the only member of staff on a particular department in charge of doing everything as a new starter. Understaffed constantly and given little to no help by managers on the shop floor and when chasing up payment and administration errors.

Pros

Good Wage & Discount, good colleague culture.

Cons

Understaffed, Overworked, poor management

Insights into ASDA

Based on 3,026 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Good for money

Good company for money especially as extra christmass stuff, night pay is good and good working environment, overall would go back if had the chance to go back.

management are bad

i had my line manager shout at me many times, infront of customers, just for asking simple questions and queries such as what time certain jobs need to be finished by

It’s alright

Very relaxed workplace staff can be pretty lenient and the it is equal pay so it’s above . Can be tiring and boring but overall one of my favourite past jobs

Don’t work here

Made to do work by yourself that would be a three person job, bad pay, unfair workplace overall do not recommend at all, i would honestly rather work at mcdonalds

It's ok

Could be a lot worse jobs out there to be fair. Lots of great co workers over the years and some good management as well. Pay could be a lot better but hey ho

Pros

Great people

Cons

Pay

Stress

I would never go back to this employer. I felt under valued, stressed and did not feel the company was interested in my disability and still made me work hours that I told them I found difficult to work!

Pros

Cons

Unsociable hours, not listened to

Enjoyed my time here

Enjoyed my time here,worked here for 5 years,good job progression,pay was alright,staff were great,some unsociable hours,decent amount of training,management were mostly friendly,stressful at times but still enjoyable.

Can be hectic at times

It’s an ok place to work, the staff are lovely and most customers are pleasant to deal with.I have worked here for 15 years and have worked in various roles within the store. I am currently working on the customer service desk and sometimes self scan.We have limited staff and it can get very busy. Support is no longer provided from other departments so you are left to struggle on in a fast paced, high demand environment.Working customer service desk is exhausting you will be expected to handle returns and exchanges, answering phone calls, click and collect parcels, working tobacco delivery, lottery and pay point and you will often work alone.

Good job

The job I had was perfect, I knew exactly what I was doing and had all the help I needed to Excell in my role. The downside was the salary wasn't matched for the night shift role, night shift premium started at midnight till 5am but night shift was 10pm till 6am then half an hour taken for break so you only get 4.5 hours of night rate the rest of the shift is minimum wage.

Awful place to work, no support and bare minimum training

Started working in September, was given 2 shifts where i was supported to use their (out of date) till system. Once I was on my own, every time i asked for help on something i didn’t know about, team leaders were stand offish and acted as if they didn’t want to help. Took over two months to get system log ins sorted. Not asked about overtime, was just put on rota with no notice, then I was told off when I did not come in for a shift I didn’t know I had. All in all, people there are not welcoming at all.

Create a good experience for customers

I enjoy working at Asda. My line managers are excellent. They consider any issues you may have. The work/life balance may not always be the best but efforts are made to support you. There is a high staff turnover for numerous reasons. The general working atmosphere is good.

Pay ok

Pay is ok but can be hard company to work for. Expectations are mostly unrealistic. Try sending people home early whilst on shift to save on wages. Have been known to phone people to not to come in on shift if rota on for that shift. Some shift there's hardly any colleges on shift but management expect colleges to pick up the extra workload. Some ok benefits for working like discount off shopping & some ok other perks

Christmas temp

Worked as a christmas temp, pay competitive with other supermarkets.Managers running around like headless chickens, although it was christmas. Plenty of overtime available.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Busy

Great job for studying

Very fast paced so time goes by fast. Management are over all good apart from when it comes to visits from higher up then you are just expected to complete a million tasks for them at once while they sit in the office all day.

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility

Cons

Management can be stressful

Hard work

Physical hard labour and not enough appreciation from management. Lots of hours available and a good rate of pay. Overall you get what you put in.

Not a good place of work.

They dont respect your personal life, in your days off they always call you and they aspect you to come at work. Some managers really don't care, and they espec from you to work the job of 3 persons and finish all task in time.

Its a supermarket job. Don't expect much.

ASDA is... well ASDA.Management is pushy and will expect you to bend over backwards, while they will not budge on their end.Once had a manager follow me as I work, continuously asking for me to do a shift I said no to multiple times. You will have to do multiple roles at this place. In the end, I had worked over 5 departments and was expected to remember everything from each one. No balance in shifts, constantly changing every week. Trying to get time off was not easy at times, just ended up taking what I could get.

Stressful place to work

Have no help from section leaders or managers. Some staff just ignore you. Stressful place to work. Some staff are friendly. But you get little to no help within your job. Also your always short staffed on your department so much more gets put on you even if your not trained to do that job your expected to just get on with it.

Enjoyed my time here. Nights can be a bit stressful but it's the team and colleagues that make it. Progression was available if you was willing you chase it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

Learn about ASDA in popular locations

• ASDA