ASDA
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

ASDA

ASDA Employee Review

Great place to work at Asda. I worked there while studying. It made the perfect job for extra cash. Lovely staff apart from management however very busy and hectic hours.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Busy

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Mixed bag.

When they're short staffed it is a total nightmare, management weren't great during my time there either. Poor salary but that would apply across all similar companies too. Made some friends which was good.
Same role

Poor employers

1. You never get informed of anything changing in the store.2. I never received the same amount of pay every month, the wage was different every single month.3. Despite asking several times for access to the online portal, it was always ignored.4. When staff members get threatening, you are the one that is moved to another department not them, no accountability or disciplinary at all.5. They don't allow holidays, even when requested 6,7 or even 8 months earlier.6. They don't provide enough work safety equipment like Blue Roll, Buckets or KickStools.7. The Warehouse always stank, was unclean and leaks everywhere.8. So poorly understaffed, they expect you to half kill yourself every single shift.9. Wouldn't ever work for asda again even if we were living on bread and beans.

Pros

10% discount after 12 weeks, although I waited 16 for mine.. Sometimes free stuff in the staff area, but that's about it.

Cons

Dirty, understaffed, multiple health and safety failures. Long term staff think they own the shop.
Same location

Boring

Asda is ok to work for management have their favourites and were always on their phones.But didn't expect you to do the impossible like were I work now .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASDA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ASDA with

Learn about ASDA in popular locations

• ASDA