Ashfield Healthcare

Ashfield Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very little interaction with Ashfields, however contract with Boehringer-Ingelheim was very different. well supported and made to feel part of the team, despite being short term contract
Do not work for this company. Myself and 30 others were promised roles that were never given to us. All their information about the role was misleading and false. None of the staff communicated with one another which led to different calls and email regarding the same role but the information we were being given was different timings, locations uniform everything. We were told we would start on certain days and then told the night before it has been moved, some people didn't even get told so turned up at 6AM to no one there! Then the night before the "actual" training day we were told they are no longer processing us for this role. Extremely unorganised and misleading. I would not recommend if you want a stress-free process.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Recruitment
I worked for Ashfield as an agency sales rep for 2 years a few years ago now. The initially interviews/ selection process was good and they also offered some decent training. However, they were unfortunately very slow to get me interviews and even needed some prompting from myself after it went quite. The salaries were very poor as Ashfield seem to take a big cut and you will get very little support once you have been placed at another company. Beware when returning your car, they will try and sting you for as much money as possible. Thankfully, the big med tech company I was working for did take me on full time which is one thing I can be grateful for.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary, Car Scheme, Support
Ashfield is a company that has a good group of people working for it but the culture in recent years has succumbed to an attitude of work before everything else.Staff are encouraged to work long hours, at little pay, with the promise of promotion. Managers are encouraged to use possible opportunities to sway staff into studying with the company but those opportunities rarely materialise and, when staff realise this, they invariably move on.In recent months the management has failed to embrace remote working and expects staff to come in to the office, contrary to government advice. They lean on the idea that you can come to the office "if you want to" and use guilt or great of losing the job to force people to want to come in. They have also used the furloughing scheme to try and profit.
Pros
Good experience gained
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor management, no chance of promotion
Very professional company, well run. Treat staff exceptional. Great hours, friendly team. Nothing I would change about this working environment. Very supportive all the way through
The company culture is great. Enjoyable atmosphere Made some life long friends The company has good incentives with each client. Everyone is friendly.
Very rewarding being able to comfort patients, meeting lots of different people, no day is ever the same, great for learning and great salary and benefits. Excellent Team & Management .
No life or work balance, overworked, managers not supportive. pile on loads of work and underpaid. long hours and lots of driving. Lots of promises at the interview but Ashfield do not deliver! I wouldn't suggest working for this company.
I would never recommend anyone to this company. They’ve got poor management. There’s no support or help when you need them. They don’t give any adequate training but push you around for their own gains.
Good company with talented colleagues. Enthusiastic office and field based staff. Colleagues always prepared to support and work with others. The company and its staff always work to deliver quality work for client companies.
Everyday is different, there is a work hard play hard environment. The management in Ashfield allows you to explore your natural talent. The extra training course are helpful and this allows you to gain more practical and theoretical skills.
Odd hotel stays in hotels while covering annual leave for other colleagues is okay but then becomes a regular thing. Constantly working out of your normal working hours and also more administration work once your shift has ended. No increase in salary. You have a company car but they are quick to charge you hundreds for “light scuffs” of wear and tear which have accumulated from the long journeys they demand you do.
A great company to work for however a stressful job. Ashfield care about their people but it is a lonely life working on the road. Good perks such as car.
it is a nice place to work, management is good and also is good for progression. joined straight out of uni and will work together again in the coming future
the managers could benefit from training- i love the industry and my job however the company need to cater to the high turnover and try to retain talent
Pros
job security
I enjoy working at Ashfield, everyone is so friendly, I work mainly from home, so manage my own work diary, but support is there as and when you need it, it can be a bit lonely sometimes when out all day on the road, but my colleagues are happy for me to phone them if I need to.
Pros
exspenses paid/ company car
Cons
long journeys
can be promoting one drug one month then a competitor the next so quuite mercenary with no brand loyalty. overly scripted sales speak with no room for personality
Horrible work environment. No continuity between managers. Treated as a number, not a person. Very limited room for advancing in the direction you want to go in as you can only apply for a new role once your contract has finished, and then it purely depends on what is available at the time when you are in redeployment. Even then, they're most likely to give the role to a unknowing graduate that has been misinformed about what the role is really like. And then they wonder why they have such a high turnover of staff!! Promised the world in the interview but get nothing in return.
Brilliant place to gain valuable experience in a extremely professional working culture. MD very profiient and enjoyable person to work alongside as very down to earth.
Pros
Great environnment and offices to work at
Cons
Pressurised
This company has provided the opportunity to try out a new method of working through the digital multi channel medium. I have learned a lot about the digital interaction and being effective in this medium.
Pros
Good systems in place
Cons
Occasionally have duplication of work
Administration type work can be repetitive however the nice company culture/office environment makes up for this slight downside of the 9-5 office job