ASOS.com

ASOS.com Employee Reviews

I really liked the job, the staff where great as was the management, good work life balance, I would work for them again if needs be. The only problem I had was not hitting the targets set for picking and why not? ....... staff that had been the long term know how to manipulate the picking machine to get there times faster without doing the work. Which in turn set outrageous targets for everyone else
Pros
Everything apart from the tech and targets
Cons
Tech and targets
It is very productive it is a very happy place . If you have questions ask if you don't understand they will explain . I love my job I have made lots of friends .
Pros
Free food . Competitions, free buses
Covid-19 = great show. especially outdoors. In the locker room, we are crowded like a canned fish. inside we have guards who act like in a concentration camp. Aisles are also crowded very often.
Pros
There`s a break!
Cons
management - primitives!
Management does not care at all about their employees. All they care about is making money! I do not recommend ASOS to anyone, they treated most of us during a pandemic with so much disregard.
Just a standard warehouse job if you do the work they will treat you with respect, fast paced but chill at the same time. But like some say it’s more about who you know than what you know.
Pros
Air con, some good team leaders
Cons
Xpo staff think they’re elite, pmp are not treated equally
Management treat you bad, they have bossy attitude and they pretend you do everything they tell you without questioning. Seriously i once got a performance meeting because i was asking the reason for certain procedures. They time you when you go to the bathroom, and sometime they even follow you to see if you really go to the bathroom. They play loud music on the entire building that can't be turned off, very annoying, repeating playlists, almost seems like they are trying to brainwash you
Pros
Some colleagues are ok
Cons
Everything else
Worked here for almost 10 years in customer care. At the start it was a great company to work for, really looked after its staff. By the end it had cut all of the perks - including the free fruit and coffee. Redundancies just come in huge waves and they make a tonne of people redundant every few months for further cuts and to save money by outsourcing jobs to the Phillapines. The management have no experience of managing and are just hired because they are young and pretty which means they are all in-experienced. Nothing is consistent, and the pay is dire, the atmosphere is comparable to a school playground. They do not know how to handle people who are not 25 and blonde. If you have disabilites or religious beliefs, they will not help you in any way and your team leader will speak like they need to know every aspect of your personal life.
Pros
Used to be a good company
Cons
Management, atmosphere
Due to the level of immaturity within the office and your team, it’s tends to be very clicky with lots of office politics and unprofessionalism. Team leader is often left clueless and has no idea how to bring the team together. Shifts can be 6am starts with early finishes. Weekly performance reviews with an emphasis on negative reinforcement. And the salary is abysmal for daytime workers. On the plus side, weekly sales and a generally upbeat environment, alongside a 40% discount rounds up the positives.
Pros
40% discount, weekly sales
Cons
Meagre salary, office politics, negative reinforcement
It was an amazing Company .... people were amazing .... it was a dream work there ! Then the new management came 1 year ago and after the Summer party they made redundant half company .... . They lost amazing people .... . This year they made redundant again 300 people during the pandemic period , they gave the jobs abroad. They treated people as numbers. Your position will never be safe there.
Pros
Staff discount - sample sale - free parking
Cons
Go back to the old culture . The new management killed an amazing company !!!
I worked for ASOS for 5 years. At the start it was brilliant. ASOS Customer Care was always changing, changing processes, teams and systems in attempt to be the best. Over the last 5 years I’ve watched ASOS go from brilliant to the higher management killing it. Their fist mistake was moving to a massive building that was over double the size they needed. Also taking on way to many staff, trying to grow far to quickly. This resulted in us not getting bonus for the last 2 years and many people not passing probation. Because they spent way too much money on the wrong things they had to make loads of redundancies. I was in the 2nd wave of redundancy’s along with 300 colleagues. They decided to cut all night shifts in customer care and give the work to a contact centre in the Philippines. This was made a million times worse as they decided to do it at the start of the corona virus pandemic. ASOS were extremely unsupportive and refused to furlough staff “at risk of redundancy”. The consultation period was non existent, done via email as know one was allowed in the office. For a company that “are all about the people” The higher management do not actually care about anyone as long as they’re making their millions.
Pros
People
Cons
Higher Management
As a courier driver for Asos I appreciated that I had my own space and was able to work at my own pace in order to achieve the targets i needed to. When collecting deliveries I did have to take control and organise the parcels.
Slow progression and low pay were some downfalls here. The company is quite obviously ahead in the high street fashion game so it is a proud company to work for but they should value their employees more, e.g. yearly bonuses is promised then they announce they won't be giving any bonuses.
ASOS customer care started a redundancy process which included their entire night shift on 11th of March 2020 and refused to Furlough the unemployed workers during a global pandemic. The consultation period could have been extended from 45-90 days, but this was also refused. The night shift were always completely over looked, but overall it was an easy, enjoyable job. Not particularly a secure job considering that this is the second batch of redundancies since the end of last year.
Great place to work, very flexible on work location and hours. Great perks and events always going on. No micromanagement, always an opportunity to learn. The atmosphere is buzzy and always busy. Very fastpaced but enjoyable and always have support when you needed.
The fundamental ethos of ASOS is how you'd imagine any billionaire company to run - over worked and underpaid staff who are bottom of the food chain, treated to and spoken to like animals - Regardless if these people are those keeping the business running every day, hour and minute.
This workplace is the emblem of how meritocracy doesn't exist. Managers are children and act like one. They fill their mouths on fairness and the behaviour, but they are the first, for example, to be racist and impartial. If you want to apply in this company, you must know right now that you will not make a career. Maybe if you know someone, yes. However, it may be a good way to start experiencing but I don't think it suitable for an adult person with a background already trained.
The 1 week training was the only good thing. As soon as i started working on the floor i had to deal with hostile colleagues, management treat everybody they don't like unfairly. A TL wrote a negative report on my the 3rd day i was working there, saying i'm not humble, i'm aggressive and i don't do what he told me to do. He was not even my TL. Management is a Joke and they reserve the power of e d your contract if the business is not going well, with one paid week only after that. don't waste your time with this garbage job on this garbage managed company. Shift times are ridiculous as well.
Management are awful. - Lack of Leadership Qualities - Uneducated young team leaders are a joke. - No direction from PM's - Micromanagement This ASOS Customer care place is a toxic, very passive-aggressive political work environment, poor leadership, too much gossiping, no growth within the company, unprofessional team leads/managers!
Fun and supportive work-force, however pay and management sometimes a concern. Benefits for staff are well received, though salary doesn't quite match industry level.
Great people to work with Good at working as part of a team IT skills increased Call Handling skills increased Good support from management team Good payment
multi-language Environment Uses best of technologies Very competeive environment Contract friendly Very flat hierarchy Uses Microsoft stack Very fast pacing
  1. Employee reviews