Aspens Charities
View all Aspens Charities reviews

Aspens Charities

Aspens Charities Employee Review

Stay clear unsupported

This is the most unsupportive company I have ever dealt with. No support to staff or managers and all about profit. I am surprised they can be called a charity.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Low pay no support profit focussed

1.0Job security/advancement

11 January 2021
I was sorry to read that your experience of working at Aspens was unsatisfactory. We are always keen to hear from our employees if they feel that we could do better and to learn from those conversations.

A great place to work!

Aspens really is a great place to work. The care for the people supported here shows through every day and I'm lucky to work with some very enthusiastic and caring colleagues who go above and beyond. I find the management supportive and empowering. It's a very flat structure so I feel I can talk to anyone, regardless of their role. I enjoy the monthly charity wide calls which provide updates on what's happening and emails provide more detail. Really pleased I joined Aspens!

Pros

Caring and supportive colleagues

24 September 2021
Thank you for your review. The care and wellbeing of the people we support and our staff is so very important to us and it's great to read that you feel updated and supported by your manager and the wider Charity.
Same location

Worse company you can ever work for !

Very disappointed with the Management - HR , everyone is extremely rude no help whatsoever. Service users have no rights in that place , they only do what is suitable for the management or staff, service users are not coming first at all ! During pandemic no one ask how they are , if they have what to eat or not , no one cared , there was weeks where they didn’t have money to buy milk and bread … staff always work so hard in fact they overworked , always stressed as is shortage of staff .Management don’t even want to hear when you have something to say related to work . They have their favourites…. Always negativity and gossips

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hrs, no gratitude, rude

22 September 2021
I am sorry that that has been your experience at Aspens. The care of the people we support is extremely important to us and across the Charity, we have fantastic teams of support workers who truly make a positive difference in the lives of the individuals we support. We are working hard on filling the vacancies we have within Aspens. Our managers are supported and empowered to manage their teams and genuinely do want to know if something can be improved within their services.
Same location

Very poor company to work for

Do not work for this company, the upper management team are useless, and up themselves. They only care about money, wages are terrible for what you go through. Workers are treated differently especially if a support worker is family of one of the managers. Do yourself a favour go elsewhere

Pros

Easy laid back job on the front line

Cons

Bad managenent, lack of support and communiction, no care at all

9 February 2021
We are very keen to gather feedback from our staff regarding what is working and what isn't. At Aspens, we encourage any staff member to speak up if they aren't happy with how things are working and are fortunate to employ so many people at all levels who look after our service users so well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspens Charities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement
  • Aspens Charities
  • Stay clear unsupported
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?