Aspens Charities

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Bad management

Beautiful site, Interesting service users, but no support whatsoever from management, against the bullying of certain colleagues.Most staff are amazing., but not all.

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and working with the service users you supported. We would always want to know if any of our employees are experiencing difficulties at work and would work with them to resolve the issues.

A great place to work!

Aspens really is a great place to work. The care for the people supported here shows through every day and I'm lucky to work with some very enthusiastic and caring colleagues who go above and beyond. I find the management supportive and empowering. It's a very flat structure so I feel I can talk to anyone, regardless of their role. I enjoy the monthly charity wide calls which provide updates on what's happening and emails provide more detail. Really pleased I joined Aspens!

Pros

Caring and supportive colleagues

24 September 2021
Thank you for your review. The care and wellbeing of the people we support and our staff is so very important to us and it's great to read that you feel updated and supported by your manager and the wider Charity.

Worse company you can ever work for !

Very disappointed with the Management - HR , everyone is extremely rude no help whatsoever. Service users have no rights in that place , they only do what is suitable for the management or staff, service users are not coming first at all ! During pandemic no one ask how they are , if they have what to eat or not , no one cared , there was weeks where they didn’t have money to buy milk and bread … staff always work so hard in fact they overworked , always stressed as is shortage of staff .Management don’t even want to hear when you have something to say related to work . They have their favourites…. Always negativity and gossips

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hrs, no gratitude, rude

22 September 2021
I am sorry that that has been your experience at Aspens. The care of the people we support is extremely important to us and across the Charity, we have fantastic teams of support workers who truly make a positive difference in the lives of the individuals we support. We are working hard on filling the vacancies we have within Aspens. Our managers are supported and empowered to manage their teams and genuinely do want to know if something can be improved within their services.

Very poor company to work for

Do not work for this company, the upper management team are useless, and up themselves. They only care about money, wages are terrible for what you go through. Workers are treated differently especially if a support worker is family of one of the managers. Do yourself a favour go elsewhere

Pros

Easy laid back job on the front line

Cons

Bad managenent, lack of support and communiction, no care at all

9 February 2021
We are very keen to gather feedback from our staff regarding what is working and what isn't. At Aspens, we encourage any staff member to speak up if they aren't happy with how things are working and are fortunate to employ so many people at all levels who look after our service users so well.

Stay clear unsupported

This is the most unsupportive company I have ever dealt with. No support to staff or managers and all about profit. I am surprised they can be called a charity.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Low pay no support profit focussed

11 January 2021
I was sorry to read that your experience of working at Aspens was unsatisfactory. We are always keen to hear from our employees if they feel that we could do better and to learn from those conversations.

I love my job

I really do love my job, I get great satisfaction out of helping others. I have a great line manager who trusts me to get the job done without looking over my shoulder. I have fantastic colleagues and we all get on.

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am glad that you find your job satisfying and enjoy it so much. It's great to hear!

Amazing place to work

Aspens is a wonderful place to work. The service users are brilliant and no day is ever the same. The staff are supportive, creative, caring and totally inspiring. The management support is amazing and there are opportunities for progression. I would recommend joining Aspens to everyone!

11 January 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback, it's great to read! Aspens works hard to make sure that its employees have opportunities to progress and develop and it's lovely to read that you have found the staff to be supportive.

A beautiful place to work.

Working for Aspens Charities is great. The site is idyllic, with beautiful views and a woodland walk that is amazing in all seasons. The residents that live on site at Pembury are all incredible. They teach you a lot more than you could ever teach them, and they'll make you smile everyday. The days are never the same - one day, you might support someone to day services on site, creating something beautiful or delicious, the next day, you might be at the theater, enjoying a concert, or watching the planes overhead at Headcorn. Staff support is lacking, as is a clear structure of who to report things to. Staff often get called in on their days off, due to shortages or sickness, and in addition to your normal hours, this is a lot.

Pros

Beautiful environment, varied days.

Cons

Poor staff support, long hours, often get called in when off

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the surroundings which are indeed beautiful and the experience of supporting the residents at Pembury in many varied ways.Your comments on staff support and reporting issues are useful and if this is still the situation, then we will take steps to resolve it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspens Charities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6