Aspens Charities

Aspens Charities Culture reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

Clear

Growing and improving

I have worked in the company for a number of years - after the merger things have changed a lot. This is for the better. There is always guidance for managers and I personally feel very supported in my role within the organisation. I have progressed “through the ranks” and feel a great deal of job satisfaction.

Pros

The people supported

15 March 2021
Thank you for your comments. We're delighted that you feel supported in your career with Aspens and enjoy your role.

Learnt a lot of things and still going to learn more

Working at the organization has been fantastic and awesome with brilliant managements and easy culture.Excellent, helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable carers with a can-do attitude. Good support from the manager (managed service). With a lot of job roles and opportunities with benefits going on in the organization. With Hybrid working for office-based roles, Great colleagues,Employee Assistance Programs, Opportunity to really make a difference to people's lives

Fantastic Working Environment

I work in Bognor Regis at a care home and it’s brilliant! The people who live there are well cared for and the staff really go out of their way to ensure they have a great quality of life. The manager is great! Very chilled and friendly but can manage the team well! She is very supportive and really understands the people who live here and the staff! She has really implemented a lot of positive changes to the home amid the pandemic. The deputy is also great and has a very caring nature and really compliments the manager. His jokes are bad though ;) I was so surprised to see such varied activities in and out of the home and choice is always a priority for all of the residents. There are only 6 people living in the home, it’s a very calm atmosphere in general.

A great place to work!

Aspens really is a great place to work. The care for the people supported here shows through every day and I'm lucky to work with some very enthusiastic and caring colleagues who go above and beyond. I find the management supportive and empowering. It's a very flat structure so I feel I can talk to anyone, regardless of their role. I enjoy the monthly charity wide calls which provide updates on what's happening and emails provide more detail. Really pleased I joined Aspens!

Pros

Caring and supportive colleagues

24 September 2021
Thank you for your review. The care and wellbeing of the people we support and our staff is so very important to us and it's great to read that you feel updated and supported by your manager and the wider Charity.

One of the best places I have ever worked

Aspens is a really caring environment and the staff are more like family then collegues. You get to meet some great people from all walks of life. And they give you so many opportunities to progress with plenty of training. They recognise those who work hard and go above and beyond.

Pros

You can make great friends

Cons

Work/home balance

13 April 2021
Thank you very much for your comments. Great to hear that the training and progression opportunities at Aspens are recognised and valued. We're also working hard to offer more flexibility in our shifts to aid with a better work/life balance.

Do not work here

The positives - most of the staff are lovely caring individuals. The culture is inclusive and the job of looking after vulnerable clients is very rewarding.The negative side - The job is poorly paid, dreadfully managed from the very top down with constant badly implemented changes. The jobs are unstable with a overall poor morale across the business. So in conclusion if you want no stability, constant frustration that makes you want to bang your head against a brick wall, then look no further!

Pros

inclusive environment

Cons

poor pay and terrible management

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to read that you felt the culture to be inclusive and you are quite right: it is rewarding to work with and look after those who we support as a charity.To respond to your other comments, our pay rates are regularly reviewed to ensure that they remain competitive.I was sorry to read that you felt changes weren't well implemented or managed. We are always keen to hear from our staff who feel that processes could be managed better and work with them to make the necessary improvements.

Unequal staff treatment and unfair culture

All staff to be treated equally whether black or white. Managers should be well inducted and supported. There should be open and fair culture. Very slow with following processes and outcomes

Pros

Good with dissemination of information

Cons

Unfair treatment and lack of support to managers

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I see that you are a current employee and I would be very keen to have a conversation with you about what you feel can be improved in terms of support for managers. At Aspens, we are absolutely committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Jo Gouldthorpe, Head of Human Resources

I love my job

I really do love my job, I get great satisfaction out of helping others. I have a great line manager who trusts me to get the job done without looking over my shoulder. I have fantastic colleagues and we all get on.

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am glad that you find your job satisfying and enjoy it so much. It's great to hear!

Amazing place to work

Aspens is a wonderful place to work. The service users are brilliant and no day is ever the same. The staff are supportive, creative, caring and totally inspiring. The management support is amazing and there are opportunities for progression. I would recommend joining Aspens to everyone!

11 January 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback, it's great to read! Aspens works hard to make sure that its employees have opportunities to progress and develop and it's lovely to read that you have found the staff to be supportive.

Bad management

Beautiful site, Interesting service users, but no support whatsoever from management, against the bullying of certain colleagues.Most staff are amazing., but not all.

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and working with the service users you supported. We would always want to know if any of our employees are experiencing difficulties at work and would work with them to resolve the issues.

Toxic work culture from upper management

This company is a charity by name only with a toxic work culture that over works its staff and minimises interaction with client with a toxic culture of profit before people.

Lovely Work Place but compensation is low

+Aspen was a great place to work at. +Training was provided, staff and management were friendly and approachable. +Work is rewarding and Service Users are great fun to be with. - Salary was low

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed working for us. We constantly review salary levels to ensure that they remain competitive.

Undergoing change

I chair this charity so I am not there on a daily basis but I believe the management and front line staff to be a dedicated and committed cohort of people all passionate about the cause

Pros

flexible

Cons

a charity so salaries are not as competitive as in the corporate sector

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and for your comments on the management and frontline staff who continue to be dedicated and passionate about helping those who we support to achieve their potential.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspens Charities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Aspens Charities with

• Aspens Charities
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?