Aspens Charities

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Growing and improving

I have worked in the company for a number of years - after the merger things have changed a lot. This is for the better. There is always guidance for managers and I personally feel very supported in my role within the organisation. I have progressed “through the ranks” and feel a great deal of job satisfaction.

Pros

The people supported

15 March 2021
Thank you for your comments. We're delighted that you feel supported in your career with Aspens and enjoy your role.

Great work ethics and values

What a great company to work for. Induction training done with the first few weeks. Friendly, helpful and relaxed staff. Everyone is approachable and supportive. Great values and work ethics, looking forward to my future career with this company, making a big difference to young people and their families.

Pros

Supportive and approachable with great company values and ethics

Cons

Learnt a lot of things and still going to learn more

Working at the organization has been fantastic and awesome with brilliant managements and easy culture.Excellent, helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable carers with a can-do attitude. Good support from the manager (managed service). With a lot of job roles and opportunities with benefits going on in the organization. With Hybrid working for office-based roles, Great colleagues,Employee Assistance Programs, Opportunity to really make a difference to people's lives

Great place to work!

I'm in my first year at Aspens in central department role, supporting our services. I had not worked in Health & Social Care before but I am so glad I made this move. Everything we do is about improving the lives of the People we Support but it's not to the detriment of the employees. I have been impressed with how much emphasis there is on long-term staff wellbeing and that it's not just a token gesture. I also love the fact that managers work on trust and they have embraced positively, the new hybrid working model for office based staff. This has given me a great work-life balance. I am very happy in my role and would definitely recommend Aspens as a great place to work.

Pros

Hybrid working for office-based roles, Great colleagues, Death in Service benefit, Employee Assistance Programme, Access to Blue Light Card, Opportunity to really make a difference to people's lives

Cons

None - come and join us!

11 April 2022
Thank you for your review and for highlighting the many benefits of working for Aspens. We're pleased to have you here with us! The pandemic has meant that we've looked at different ways of working and promote flexibility where we can. For frontline care staff that may mean completing e-learning at home or in our training suites on site. And yes, wellbeing is very important to us and something we take seriously here.

Current support worker

Had to deal with very poor staffing levels with no support. Long hours followed by night shifts as no staff back up. Head office team is very clicky. The team really care shame about the management.

Pros

The support workers really care And do a good job

Cons

Poor staffing, poor management.

22 September 2021
Thank you for your comments. Our support workers (and other staff) really do a great job. We are working hard to fill our vacancies as we know that this is an issue for some of our services. We care about the wellbeing of all our staff, managers and support workers alike, and are constantly reviewing how we can support them further.

One of the best places I have ever worked

Aspens is a really caring environment and the staff are more like family then collegues. You get to meet some great people from all walks of life. And they give you so many opportunities to progress with plenty of training. They recognise those who work hard and go above and beyond.

Pros

You can make great friends

Cons

Work/home balance

13 April 2021
Thank you very much for your comments. Great to hear that the training and progression opportunities at Aspens are recognised and valued. We're also working hard to offer more flexibility in our shifts to aid with a better work/life balance.

Stay clear unsupported

This is the most unsupportive company I have ever dealt with. No support to staff or managers and all about profit. I am surprised they can be called a charity.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Low pay no support profit focussed

11 January 2021
I was sorry to read that your experience of working at Aspens was unsatisfactory. We are always keen to hear from our employees if they feel that we could do better and to learn from those conversations.

Things are much better

I’ve worked for Aspens for over 5 years now and there has been many cheers changes over that time. In recent times those changes are much better for staff and service users

Pros

Being listened too, career, plenty of extra hours if you want them

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I appreciate your time taken to write this review and I am pleased that you have felt the changes to be better for staff and service users.

A beautiful place to work.

Working for Aspens Charities is great. The site is idyllic, with beautiful views and a woodland walk that is amazing in all seasons. The residents that live on site at Pembury are all incredible. They teach you a lot more than you could ever teach them, and they'll make you smile everyday. The days are never the same - one day, you might support someone to day services on site, creating something beautiful or delicious, the next day, you might be at the theater, enjoying a concert, or watching the planes overhead at Headcorn. Staff support is lacking, as is a clear structure of who to report things to. Staff often get called in on their days off, due to shortages or sickness, and in addition to your normal hours, this is a lot.

Pros

Beautiful environment, varied days.

Cons

Poor staff support, long hours, often get called in when off

11 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the surroundings which are indeed beautiful and the experience of supporting the residents at Pembury in many varied ways.Your comments on staff support and reporting issues are useful and if this is still the situation, then we will take steps to resolve it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspens Charities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement