Aspire People logo
Aspire People

Aspire People Employee Reviews for Teacher

Work-life balance

An above average Supply teaching agency.

As above - it is some years since I last worked there. When work location was known everything was well set up giving me the best possible opportunity to work productively in the workplace. Aspire forged good relationships with their schools and Supply Teachers.

Pros

Genuine effort to match you to suitable placements.

Cons

Insecurity of supply work.

Lack of communication

In the 6 months I was signed with them, I only had 3 days of work.I had to travel for over an hour and communication was lacking. I was offered teaching assistant roles twice but for less than teacher pay and at an hours journey it wasn't worthwhile. I had been told I wouldn't have to travel any further than 30 mins to a school. The shortest distance I travelled the journey to 1 hour without bad traffic. I had 10 years of experience across EYFS and the Primary Phase and felt very disappointed by the job offers recieved. The consultant I had didn't seem to have a good knowledge of areas close by to me. I live inbetween Leicester and Coventry yet was sent to Stamford to work. The consultants didn't communicate between one another or share information effectively.

Good support from supply consultants

Supply teaching opportunities at a wide variety of schools if you are prepared for the challenges of supply teaching. The opportunity to network with a variety of schools and potentially apply for a permanent position.

Fantastically supportive team

Not only did the agency find me work in my preferred subjects, they also found me a full-time job at a local school. Really grateful to the Aspire team!

Supply teacher

Limited mount of work supplied. Sent to schools where I had little support and was physically assaulted by a pupil with no support afterwards. Very low wages

Pros

Making a difference to childrens lives

Cons

Where do I start?!

Very helpful and a great company to be with

Every available agent is very helpful and do their best to make sure your needs as an individual are met. They listen to your concerns and worries and you feel very assured that working with them is the best thing to do.

Very organised and professional company

Each day is different depending what year group I have . But most schools know i am coming and I am usually welcomed by name. There is no hardest part yet as I coped with all the schools I have been at. I like going to different schools and seeing how they operate,

Pros

Each day is different

Cons

Travelling relying on public transport

Jobs at Aspire People