Aspire People

Aspire People Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Good support from supply consultants

Supply teaching opportunities at a wide variety of schools if you are prepared for the challenges of supply teaching. The opportunity to network with a variety of schools and potentially apply for a permanent position.

Great agency

Really good agency, always ensure you have work and great response times. The work places you are sent to are always really nice and welcoming. The agency will ensure you are happy where you are and check up with you

Insights into Aspire People

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

I have always been treated fairly and like a professional

I've worked for Aspire for nearly 4 years and find them to be the most professional teaching agency around. I have found both long term and short term work with them.

Pros

Appropriate pay and treated with respect.

Great staff

Really friendly and aspiring staff. Found me work quickly. Induction process was fast and simple. Lots of support provided and free top up courses offered

Pros

Efficiency

Cons

Low pay scale

Its okay

It was an okay experience, the work offered was 30 miles outside of the agreed travel distance. The work was unsecure and few and far between regarding days.

Lack of communication

In the 6 months I was signed with them, I only had 3 days of work.I had to travel for over an hour and communication was lacking. I was offered teaching assistant roles twice but for less than teacher pay and at an hours journey it wasn't worthwhile. I had been told I wouldn't have to travel any further than 30 mins to a school. The shortest distance I travelled the journey to 1 hour without bad traffic. I had 10 years of experience across EYFS and the Primary Phase and felt very disappointed by the job offers recieved. The consultant I had didn't seem to have a good knowledge of areas close by to me. I live inbetween Leicester and Coventry yet was sent to Stamford to work. The consultants didn't communicate between one another or share information effectively.

Fantastically supportive team

Not only did the agency find me work in my preferred subjects, they also found me a full-time job at a local school. Really grateful to the Aspire team!

The work place culture is brilliant, most of the permanent staff are very welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering a multitude of different lessons.

Amazing company

This is without doubt the best company I have ever worked for and I only left due to home relocation The benefits are amazing along with the work life balance If you get chance to work for Aspire then go for it

Pros

Great management

healthy competition

learned a lot from other colleagues, would take this oppurtunity to thank my manager who guided me at this point of my career

Pros

weekend get together

Cons

nothing

Productive and on-going learning workplace

Working as a cover supervisor is not an easy job as you are not stable in a place, however you go around the area and meet different environments. Having said this, being a cover supervisor is a great opportunity of getting in contact with various schools and staff and learning from them. For instance, in each school one goes and carries out this position, he/ she learns of the policies of the school, the behaviour management, the priorities the school sets, the level of the students and so on. This enables them to have a better idea about the school procedures and work efficiently in certain environments. In addition, such a position requires you to cover various subjects and as a result, one widens his/her knowledge, is informed of the current curriculum and its components and he/she gains experience in preparing lessons by observing other's teachers work. Cover supervisors can support teachers in class, report back on the students' behaviour according to the school's policy and procedure when they are in charge of maintaining the control of the class, ensure that students remain on task with the work they have been set, respond to any questions about process and procedures etc. Therefore, this is a great experience for someone who looks for a career in teaching, as you get to put into practice your teaching, interpersonal and collaborative skills, while you can also deal with immediate problems that may arise, in order to see whether you would be able to respond in such a situation in the future.

Pros

On-going learning opportunity

Cons

Not stable location

Challenging and productive. Helped build valuable skills.

Pros

weekly pay

To make learning interesting and fun

My policie in teaching is to make learning fun, young or adult learners will find learning interesting if it is delivered in a way that will make them happy and learn new skills which can be beneficial to them.That what I have learned, from more than ten years of teaching in the classroom and the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspire People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement