Aspris
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Aspris Reviews: Working at Aspris

United Kingdom16 reviews

Aspris Wales

I have seen some negative reviews for Aspris Wales and thought it was only fair that I set a balanced review. Management do care and listen, the company is blocking beds due to low staffing so no one becomes overwhelmed and the children are cared for appropriately and nurtured well. It feels like everyone cares, and senior managers will always listen. Rota's and staff shortage are an issue across all companies but if you speak to your manager they will always help. Whistleblowing and safeguarding is transparent. If staff feel begrudged to write bad reviews, they just didn't like being managed properlyI enjoy my role and feel cared for and good about what we do for children.

Pros

benefits, supportive managers, valuable job

Cons

great friendly place to work

Mayfield is an enjoyable place to work and I love my job . Everyday is different and very rewarding to work with the young people. Its a very friendly and supported place to work

Pros

fun activities and trips with the young people

Cons

can be very challenging at times when dealing challenging behaviour

20 June 2022
Thank you for your review of working at Aspris. We’re so pleased to hear you’re enjoying your experience and appreciate your feedback.

Insights into Aspris

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Friendly staff team

I have been a RSW for many years, I thoroughly enjoy my job. The staff team are all very supportive and the management are friendly, supportive and approachable. There is lots for the young people to do and they are the main focus of the home. No two days are the same!

Pros

No sleep ins, 3 week rolling rota

Part of the family :)

I have been at Aspris for over 5 years as a residential support worker. I enjoy spending time with the young people, helping them with their independent skills and accessing the community, it's great fun! The management team are outstanding. They are so supportive, their door is always open, nothing is ever too much. I feel we are one big happy family.The job can be challenging at times but the team are always there to help and guide you. I enjoy the shift pattern as I am able to balance my work life and my personal life.I am encouraged to take part in training, you are also given opportunities to progress within your role and career.I couldn't imagine working anywhere else, everyday is different and exciting to see what positive outcomes the young people achieve!

20 June 2022

Great place to work with a great team

Having worked at the home for over 10 years, I have been given opportunities to progress from an RSW and I am now an Senior, there have been opportunities to progress further however I am comfortable where I am in my role as this suits me and my family. I have been able to gain my NVQ whilst working. Working at the home gives me the most job satisfaction, seeing the children achieve and thrive is one of the most rewarding things you can imagine. Yes there are days which are challenging but the good days and positives by far outweigh this!! The management team are very supportive

Pros

You get to take the children out on lovely trips and holidays

20 June 2022

fun,rewarding and friendly approachable staff and managers

i love my job, its so rewarding supporting people with learning disabilities watching them achieve and become more independent in every day life skills,i have learnt many skills over the time i have worked for Aspris and work with a friendly approachable team who support each other, the management are always available to talk to and you often see them supporting the young people and not just sat at there desks :) the activities we do with the young people are brilliant we adventure all over the country trying new things,i,e boating, holidays away and many more exciting adventures, and an added bonus is that we don't have to do sleep-ins which is more often the case in care work:)

Pros

free meals when supporting the children

Child focused company

Aspris is child focused. The management are flexible and understand the need for a good work life balance. Shifts are fun and the focus is the progression of the children. There are no compulsory sleep ins and shifts are either an early or a late but there is lots of overtime if you want it. I love my job.

Great Organisation

Aspris has evolved over the last year, they have improved all the previous systems from staff hub to processing pay, everything has a modern feel now. I love working at Aspris as we work in a positive , supportive environment that is aimed at helping others, we all work as a team and the support to staff second to none from wellbeing and mental health needs to training needs.

Friendly, Fun and Reliable

A typical day at work can be stressful, however, some days can be amazing, fun and a great day to learn new things and gain more knowledge. While working here I have been able to continue to complete my BA Honours Degree in Education and am able to further my education and complete my PGCE (PGTA) in September - I have been given so much support for this to happen and it has made me feel confident in the job role I do and that the school and company have faith in me. The hardest part of the job is coming in and not knowing what kind of day it is going to be - but it is always taken in and processed to know how I need to be to help the day move forward the best it can regardless to how difficult the day may or may not be. The best part of this job is the people around you. Everyone is friendly and kind - getting through a tough day is easy when you have brilliant colleagues alongside you. Another enjoyable part of a typical work day is getting involved in the students lessons and knowing that you have helped a student learn and to see that they are proud of themselves is an amazing feeling.

Residential Support Worker- Wales

Absolute shambles of a company. No organisation at all, so unorganised its laughable, everything that was pitched to me in an interview was a complete lie. Wage is an absolute joke, work life balance is non-existent. Management will throw you under the bus as good as look at you. Rotas are a joke! Same people working same days almost so weekends are not shared evenly. All they care about is money, won't let kids do too many things that cost money cause Management don't believe in spending especially during school holidays. Staff are not valued Purley just thought of as a number, they just want to know if your gonna turn up for your shift & the rest is history.

Pros

Staff are great, kids great too

Cons

Everything else.

20 June 2022
We are sorry to hear of your views and experience working for us, this certainly doesn’t match our company values, behaviours and our ethos/aims. We would welcome the chance to find out more information to be able to consider how we can support change at your service and improve your experience with us. This can be done confidentially by contacting whistleblowing@aspris.com or in a more open way via hr@aspris.com. Thank you for taking the time to your thoughts known and we hope we get the chance to discuss them further.

Shocking & liars

Don’t care about nothing other than money, aslong as the beds are filled who cares aslong as the manager gets a bonus at the end of the year. Don’t safeguard staff or children in some cases. Some lazy staff who are just there for the pay packet. Whistleblowing is a joke and management will throw you under the bus to save their own skin. If you want to work where kids are treated more like prisoners, and management lie and covers things up then good luck!!

20 June 2022
We are sorry to hear of your views of your experience from when you worked with us. We take all issues of safeguarding of both our young people and colleagues very seriously and our whistleblowing process is independently run. If you have safeguarding concerns that you believe were not addressed we would urge you to raise those with us and if you don’t feel confident in the independent whistleblowing anonymous telephone line (0800 409 6625) you are welcome to contact our Group HR Director Louise Watts directly at HR@aspris.com

Amazing Colleagues and Great Support from in house Management

I love everyday working with my colleagues here in Aspris, we have a good bond and work really well as a team, our in house management are really supportive. We are a busy home, but that is part of the job no two days are the same which helps and makes each day indicidual.

Loved my job.

I really loved my job. The training was on line but very thorough.Management were so supportive. I only left due to leaving the area but would definitely work for them again.Unfortunately the salary isn't great and the hours are long but that's the same for all support work employers and at least here I felt valued.

22 April 2022
Thank you for your review of working at Aspris. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and appreciate your feedback.

Great place to work :)

I love working with such dedicated and caring people. I find that the staff care about each other and care about the children's need and are really skilled in providing a service for the kids who really need it. It's a hard job sometimes, but no two days are the same, and I like being challenged to learn more.

Pros

Free meals, benefits/discounts through work, training and working with great young people

22 April 2022
Thank you for your review of working at Aspris. We’re so pleased to hear you're enjoying your experience and appreciate your feedback.

Wages are shocking

Wages are shocking!! Staff and kids are amazing! It’s ashame we don’t get paid what we’re worth! Worst paid teaching assistants by far in this county

Pros

School I work at is amazing due to the staff and kids

Cons

Wages are shocking

14 April 2022
We are sorry to hear that you feel that the TA salary is low, we constantly work to carry out benchmarking activity and competitor analysis but this is mainly focused roles and geographical areas flagged to senior management as being an issue or where we know roles are hard to recruit. If operational/service management raise issues around salary then we are always prepared to look at it so we would ask that you raise your concerns through your local service management who can then flag to senior regional managers for this activity to take place.

Great role once I found the right team.

I worked for this company for 2 years and was very sad to say goodbye. During my time with priory/Aspris I worked at two homes. In both home's i found that the homes Managers, Deputy managers and Most Team leaders were very supportive, fun and run the homes efficiently and effectively, makeing the home a brilliant environment to work in, They truly care about not only the young people but also their staff. Unfortunately at times I felt that Higher management weren't so supportive towards the managers and other staff. I was also fortunate to be in a fantastic team with some truly amazing people who made the home a family environment for all and went above and beyond to ensure a good quality of life for the young people. Although this roll can be laid back you must be ready for anything at any given moment as your working with young people, some of whome have been through traumatic experiences and or struggle with Behavioural difficulties. Overall I would recommend working for Aspris.

Pros

Fun day trips, Overtime, Free meals, Company benefits and discounts, Career and future potential, Valuable experience, Team working, Paid sleep ins.

Cons

Pay, Difficult to work around childcare

22 April 2022
Thank you for your review of working at Aspris. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and really appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been passed on to the relevant teams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Aspris with

Learn about Aspris in popular locations

• Aspris