Assist Resourcing

Assist Resourcing Employee Reviews

Confusing start to employment whilst receiving next to no training, you spend hours waiting around on your first day (usually down to lack of communication or staff shortage), wages incorrectly paid and when challenged there is no proper explanation only a hurried check, minimal communication from HUB staff when having any quieries, never answer the phones and when emails are replied to its typically days after, no progression forthcoming and having to mither about training to which never happens, been made to feel worthless whilst working here, I would not reccomend it.
Pros
Free PPE
Cons
Long hours with short breaks, no communication
I work here, all the time in feet cant sit down, they treated us like a prisoner, they dont even give me my proper payment. Just a waste of time, I will never ever work in this agency and jd sports coz its very unhealthy pace of environment
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad company bad workplace
the job involved lifting heavy boxes all day and I got fired when the boss saw me asking another colleague for help with lifting. nobody is friendly, even if they seem so, don't make the mistake i've made. there's no one you can openly talk to and if you randomly say something like "my foot/back hurts" and the wrong person hears, you get sacked right there on spot. they provide with ppe, but the boots they gave me were 2 sizes bigger and made it hard to walk. you have to bring your own food and waste most of your break waiting in queue for a microwave.
Pros
they pay on time, rotating morning and afternoon shifts
Cons
literally everything else
You turn up for a shift then 5 mins later you get told you not need so they keep you for min 4hrs whick is **** left me in sever debt with bills due to lack of work and not getting paid right I left a permanent job for this because hrs was advertised as 48 hr a week and I thought it be a good company to work for which is not correct.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Not regularl hrs 48 only get 20 if lucky
Fast paced and strict environment. Must have good communication skills and the ability to work alongside others as well as independently to ensure that you reach your set goal for the day.
Assist is one of the best agency's I have worked for in my career always have work never have to ring then unless you want to take a holiday... always on point friendly to talk to and if your manager isn't available there are plenty of staff there to help you no matter how small the issue... amazing service always pay wages on time there isn't a bad word to be said about them...
I worked at Assist For a few months and during my time their the staff were not pleasant from day 1. I got let go of as well as 25+ other people for pathetic Reasons! Would not recommend and would avoid for your own benefit.
I started work this year in October and was dismissed at November just because i went to an appointment assist allowed me to go but the jd shift manager was not happy because i did not inform her but had told jd team leader that was part of her team that i was going to be in late tomorrow therefore they made up the fact that i dont work i am always talking i said what work i have been house keeping for the last seven days and even though i spoke to assist team leader that i was not happy about house keeping he backed me up but i still got dismissed now they are refusing to pay me 8hours which i worked on the day of the appointment and will not give me my holiday pay cos i didnt even take any holidays i worked 5weeks there no one answers the phone and when i went down in person still not resolved it is the worst company ever because they do not stick up for you they take jd staffs word and you have no say what so ever
Pros
It was near to my house
Cons
Long hours no breaks in induction
Management are a joke. If you quit they will actively go out of their way to ruin all other options for you. Petty. Childish. Never listen to you. Never answer phones. A complete joke of a company. DO NOT WORK HERE!
They tell you their is overtime never is any available and if your face doesn't fit they let you go also if they think your not up to stand they let you go and make up any excuses about your work saying you never made target which is lies stay away from this company
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. They dont pay you, they are fake. They make you work and then dont pay you for what you have done. When you try and ring they dont answer and they cut off on you pretending to sort things out. They dont answer the phone at all!!! I have been ringing 20-30 times a day at different timesanswer. I have rang 4 different numbers, and emailed 5 different emails. Bad company!
Their fingerprint system for attendance is how they calculate pay and it doesn't work at times meaning you don't get your pay for the hours you worked. You can't send them an email or call them as they won't reply and will flat out ignore you or simply tell you to come meet them. Meeting them means several trips there as they constantly need reminder to fix your pay and show little care. My experience with Assist is such that you are replaceable and problems that are theirs and now yours and theres nothing you can do about it. I left mid september for health reasons this year and to this day I am still owed money for the time I worked there and despite constant requests for pay all I have gotten is nothing. No reply from email or phone. I won't be working for Assist anymore neither would I recommend anyone working for them and I now have a negative opinion of working at a warehouse as whole. Thank you Assist for nothing.
Security are like something you would expect to see in the former East Germany. Assist staff are useless. Man management skills of those in supervisory positions are non existent. If you want to feel undermined , and harassed get a job here.
Singed for 7am shift was told I was on night. Said I signed up for 7 am shift so was told 6am shift. DONT ADERTISE shifts that you don't have. 6.30hr induction no break. I have a disabled child at home that's y I chose the 7am shift
the previous team leader got sacked thank god for that and i think this new one is on the verge, i cant say anything good about this agency, i have reported this to my mp, investigations are underway, anyone willing to work here try single resource agency its miles better
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Bad service
Saw an advert that wanted around 4 4 hour shifts a week, which I thought was ideal for me as I am at university and needed something quick and part time like what was advertised I quickly realised on the induction that they wanted full time workers, around 9 hour shifts 5 days a week. I told them my availability and this worked out for about 2 weeks. I was quickly dropped hours and told by text. I hadn't worked in over 3 weeks consecutively. I was phoned on the day, a few hours before they wanted me to start. Couldn't plan anything, and was spoken to like dirt when I asked for work or told them I couldnt work. They couldn't care less about people, you're just a number to them.
Cons
i started work for jd sports and filled forms out over and over again there not organised and THEY DONT PAY YOU . i have told them 5 times my hours of work and they owe me my induction and 5 x12 hour shifts . they said a payment will be in on fri then i went in on sat morning and then they said it will be in on monday and still not in so im now seeing citizens advice also i have not recieved any wage slips and when i went in on the sat morning they have taken my access card out of my slip to get into the building .
Pros
breaks and canteen good
Asked for more productive role than picking up boxes for 8 hours . Was taken to assist and they told them I was moaning about working hard at jd and they didn't want me anymore. Total joke would never work for jd or assist ever .
shocking company dont sort your wages properly no management didnt get payed on time still not been paid in fact phone them up about it all they do is make excuses apparently theres no number for payroll quick enough to have you working 12 hour shifts though if you want to be messed about enjoy
Pros
Cons
long hours bad management
I only put up with this nasty work place for 3.5 weeks because of these reasons 1, virtually threatened by the supervisor on the day I started that if I did not make the ridiculous targets set I would be warned & then finished. This is pretty bad work practises & made me want to get out there & then 2, in the 8 hour shift I worked I was allowed only one break a dinner break of 30 mins it took me 5 mins to walk to the canteen & 5 mins back meaning I only had 20 mins break in 8 hours this work practise is ok for slaves & immigrants but am not used to being treated like an slave. 3. because its run like & has the same feeling as a prison when you finish you get out 20 mins late every day after the shambolic security system has frisked you then have to walk another 7 mins to the car park 4, the pay when you finally get it is truly poor from a company who is fond of bragging about there profits they pay minimum wage well thanks jd I rate your firm as one of the worst firms to work for & will never buy anything from one of your shops ever again 5, the canteen food is as bad as it gets so don't believe any of peoples rubbish about it being good believe me its not
Pros
Cons
everything
Very poor management, rude staff and extremely brain washing experience. JD team leader and supervisor enjoy over working agency employees and treating them like slaves. False promises for contracts, just a leverage to push people to work to suit their own agenda. Stay away
  1. Employee reviews