Assystem

Assystem Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom28 reviews

workmanagementworkingjobhourengineeringgoodteam

Nice people to work with

Majority of people are nice to work with, can be a few difficult characters as with all organisations. Difficult to progress in terms of career prospects.

Avoid assystem

Avoid working for assystem. Its a was a worst expierence I ever Had. Uncompetent management. For each employee in whole office three were 3 manager. You recieve a task with limit of hours you can spend on it and targets were unrealistic. you relay on a many people, which oftem Have a bad day and will not have enough time for you and you loosing hours just to travel from assystem office to Rolls-Royce site.

Insights into Assystem

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Employee Focused

They identify candidates from CVs and the recruitment team are technically strong enough to be nearly spot on with their selections. A lot can be learned from so many companies that take far too long to recruit. I was approached interviewed and job offered within 2 weeks.

Not good

You are a contractor working for an end client. If the client is slow on delivering work you can find yourself at home until work appears… on zero pay. A bad experience all round

Pros

Mmmmm

Cons

Security

Don't go near them with a bargepole!

I have given them one star, only because I can't give a zero! Someone here said, "Don't recommend it to anyone you like or care about." I couldn't have put it better myself! "Employees are just 'resources'," "Employees are treated like objects." As a contractor, even more so! Someone said the only "pro" is that you get paid. In my case, I can't even say that!!! For a couple of months, the work was OK - despite doing 50-hour weeks to meet the customer's impossible timescales. Then the work dried up. More work was supposed to be coming from the customer, but this was delayed and delayed. Meanwhile, Assystem kept me on a zero hours contract; I had no work for weeks on end, so was thousands of pounds out of pocket. Then to add insult to injury, I was required to go to the company premises for a couple of hours, on the company's business... but wasn't paid for it! Then *of course*, they terminated my contract, because I dared to complain about it... Need I say more?

Graduate Mechanical Engineer with over twenty year experience within Power Generation, Process and Manufacturing Industries seeks a contract opening.

Contract Stress Engineer: Conducting FEA using Hypermesh/ANSYS to carry out Static, Dynamic and Thermal (steady stat & transient) analyses on pipes and pressure vessels to justify static and fatigue assessment in accordance with ASME III

Pros

free lunch

OK Company to Start Your Career

Good company to start learning the business. Exposure to many contracts with larger aerospace companies. Not as good on people development. Long hours when needed.

Management heavy, company with poor salaries

Don't recommend it to anyone you like or care about. Management: Insecure and unqualified management to whom employees are just 'resources' and cattle. Pay: Abysmal salary compared to competition and DO NOT expect a pay rise, as there hasn't been a pay rise in last 4 years and I'm not making this up. Career Progression: No career progression at all, but it makes a great stepping stone if you're starting your career purely because of the kind of customer they had in Aerospace field which they've now lost. 'Boarding process' is so complicated and difficult to follow that I found it much easier to get a few thousand pounds pay rise at competition than to get boarded within the company. They promise you the world but never deliver. Young graduate engineers are told they'll be on a 'graduate scheme' and will receive help with chartership and will get to go on various placements, but this is not the case. I reckon they're only called 'greaduate' so the company can get away with paying them almost minimum wage and sell them as a 'qualified engineer'.

Pros

You get paid on the last working day of each month

Cons

Too many to count or mention

Assystem

Less workload and stress than my previous employer. Obtaining an Interview date was convoluted but when finalised, the interview process was relaxed and pleasant with a job offer at the end.

Pros

Stable work environment (deployed)

Horrible company

They treat people like nothing I have ever seen. Recently made half of the stress team redundant and got rid of the most experienced in the team...plan is to replace them by graduates. Good luck. Very bad management; very narrow mentality; lots of passengers in for the ride...management does not work but takes all the money and the merit. They reduce the contractors' rate as and when they wish...Avoid like the plague.

Pros

Bristol

good place to work

Good place to work. Nice people, good engineering capabilities. Situated in decent locations close to amenities. They have some good clients and will do well in business.

Do not even think

Horrible place to work. No respect for the employees. No training offered. Contractors come and go as if they were leaves in the wind. Not professional. You are either in or out of their club. Many bad things get hidden under the carpet. Contractors' rates get reduced at random. This "company" is just another agency; a bad one, that is. Want to be treated badly and be massively underpaid? Join them! Want to spend the whole day filling out forms generated by useless processes? Join them! Want to do anything but engineering? Join them!

Pros

Nothing really.

Cons

Too many useless processes, bureaucracy, poor management, no respect, bullying, low salaries, no development, rates can decrease at any time

Assystem is a forward thinking company who offers its employees the opportunities to develop to their true potential. Very process driven to ensure excellent customer relations.

Contract Farm Desperately Trying to Restructure

Not a pleasant company to work for. Very little development or career progression, lots of contractors and staff turnover, dull and repetitive work. The company is taking efforts to change away from this, but progress is very slow - in 5 years or so, maybe the company will be an interesting workplace, but it is not currently.

Good company to start working in an industry

Good company to start working in an industry. Gives opportunities to young people to step foot into industry. however, doesn't give many opportunities to develop skills. on the job learning.

A disgraceful company with complete lack of ethics

Not much I can say. The company is very poorly organised and the only aim is to to get money from customer. Employees are treated like objects with no respect, no training and no support. Objectives are impossible to achieve mainly because managers have no clue or what they are doing so they think people can be 100% efficient in any circumstance. Managers are there only to serve themselves, using people to step on and grow. Benefits are none, no pay rise, no bonuses (except managers), no career progression.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Too many to mention

Not a great experience

Engineering team young and not experienced but willing to work hard. Technical management very good, commercial management a disappointment

Pros

Flex hours

Cons

Far from Bristol infrustructure

Good team work ethic

The change in middle management did not have a positive effect on the team, The standard of the work packages supplied by the Airbus team declined dramatically.

Pros

~Home every night

Good place for gaining experience in composites

GKN has an expertise in the design and manufacturing of composite structures. For a stress engineer, it is an ideal place for obtaining valuable experience in this field of technology.

Nice place to gain skills

At Assystem UK, the engineer is involved in different tasks and has the opportunity to gain a variety of engineering skills. A stress engineer for example, will be dealing with hand calculations in Excel & Mathcad, or development of FE models for metallic or composite structures. In general, I would say that Assystem UK is a "school".

demanding but straightforward

Typical days involved filling out spread-sheets for statisticians that could not be bothered to gather the information themselves. Very easy part of the job but frustrating. Best part was working with the customers to ensure that risk, change and scope variations were captured and resolved.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

management did not understand project management principles therefore not fully utalised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assystem. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement