Aston Manor Academy
View all Aston Manor Academy reviews

Aston Manor Academy

Aston Manor Academy Employee Review

Comforting and warm place to work in

My roles and responsibilities at Aston Manor Academy are to answer incoming calls, to deal with pupil, staff and visitor queries, use the CMIS system (e-portal database) – locating and printing off timetables for students and occasionally staff, informing students of their examination candidate number and printing off reports and records. On a daily basis, I photocopy documents and also keep the filing cabinet documents and files up to date. I answer external and internal calls and make necessary out-going phone calls. I have responsibility for in-coming and out-going post, putting letters into the correct pigeon-holes for staff. I sell water-bottles, ties, USB and planners to students. I ensure that a good supply of water-bottles and paper are in the office. Also, I do typing for staff members, which includes working with different Microsoft Office programs; e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. These programs help me to do many things; for example, type up letters on Word and use PowerPoint for slide-shows. Overall, I provide reception services in a professional manner, to the best of my ability. With the right attitude towards my responsibilities I am positive that my knowledge within this field will broaden.

Pros

Term-time holdiays

Cons

Not a permanent position / term-time only (less pay)

3.0Job security/advancement

Productive and organised.

Management: Your experience would depend on your enthusiasm, and dedication in your chosen position. Typical day: No two days are the same, work is vigorous and could be challenging at times. The hardest part of the job: meeting deadlines, and consistent accountability to management and parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing students demonstrate their learning, recognising their own progress, and developing their resilience to succeed. Work place culture: adaptability.
Same location

Great kids, not so great management

Great fun place to work at because of the kids but there are a lot of pressures from management. I know a teacher who was promised a job the following year then near the end of the year his job was advertised on TES without him knowing. 3 days later they sent him an email saying feel free to apply for the role!

Fun

Excellent staff. Great children, overall had a great few years and experience. The children are very well behaved. They enjoy learning and always make you feel wanted.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Unappreciated at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aston Manor Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2