Aston University

Aston University Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews

Great Place, Great Teams

Love the way everyone comes together, all teams in all departments work well together with great relationships. The on site food halls is pretty special too.

Pros

Gym is great

Cons

Some people

Lovely

Very good place to workVery friendly and I Get on with everyoneVery accessibleEveryone is kind and always willing to help out and go the extra mile

Insights into Aston University

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Worked there for 3 months... never again

I really disliked my time in Aston. I was in an admin temporal position, which its purpose was to help during a very busy period but... I really did nothing at all in 3 months. It was boring, there was lack of good management, I did not get to know almost anyone in the office, I did not have a regular space to communicate my lack of work... Aso, the office I was in was very grey and depressing, with an inside window that had a terrible view of pipes.

Pros

Good salary for low amount of work

Cons

Very boring tasks

fab

Data collection in the morning and often do a lot of data collection Parking in the city is expensive but schemes available to help would reccomend working here

Rewarding

As head badminton coach at Aston I loved every moment. I had positive contact with the uni and they tried to cater to my needs and give me as much funding and court time as possible.

Best place I've worked

Out of all the jobs I have worked at this is this best place. I settled into my team well, and the atmosphere at Aston Unversity is very lively. They are very flexible and accomodate our needs well.

Highly skilled team

My work at this company was as part of a highly skilled and passionate research group. The work was at the cutting edge of biomechanical thinking and was aiming to push the boundaries of medical engineering. I was able to achieve a lot of personal growth and development during my research time here.

Université Agréable

Programme et étudiants sympathiques Plus simple que les universités Françaises

Stop with this

I worked for Aston University under a zero hour contract wasn't the easiest job but was enjoyable an rewarding in terms of expirence and team work in the workplace

ok

A good job, good pay, gain experience. Hard to always get shifts due to the fact that many other students are ambassadors and it is a zero contract job.

Students are at the forefront of the University. Work-life balance can be achieved. There is flexibility, but progression can be difficult. It is a very enjoyable place to work.

Poorly Managed

I learnt a lot in the lab but there was no structure and very little guidance to the role. My goals felt meaningless and I had no sense of purpose. The workplace culture was generally quite poor, as more senior researchers resented placement students' use of the lab, though my boss was lovely.

it was good

working at my school was great for me because I picked up loads of skills and i got a idea of the outside world While i was on work experience I was treated like staff

wonderful and rewarding

They are a pleasure to work with, The management team and my colleagues are very kind, at long days and events they make sure we are fed. Everyone is very kind and easy to talk to so whoever I present with the days are always fun. The pay is also very good for students.

Working at Aston University - Student Engagement Assistant

A typical day at work would be mainly administration duties, meetings and also arranging events with students. Aston University offer the chance to develop new skills by offering a range of training courses in presenting, how to use online systems and also a lot of courses on using MS packages. The workplace is overall friendly and very welcoming therefore it is easy to build working relationships. The most enjoyable part of my job, is as a Student Engagement Assistant, I get to work with students on improving the student experience. This includes assisting academic societies with events, which is enjoyable because you get to see the events come to life whilst putting in the hard work, which is very rewarding. I learnt a lot about time management and also developed written communication as well as my telephone manner.

university

Decent for sciences with lecturers of a very high calibre and leading research. The modules are well designed to have a clinical focus and practical research

Productive workplace

The typical day at work was started at 9 a.m. University has inconspicuous and attentive management and developed workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is the finding solution in the final computational code. The most enjoyable part of the job was the communication with colleagues.

A great work experience placement

I did 6 weeks work experience at the Aston University library. My tasks were to organise the used books picked up the weekend before for the shelving team, to tidy up the shelves; and lastly to shelve the books.

A comfortable place to work

Aston Uni look after their employees in my experience, although the culture is like a typical uni and everything is a bit slow and can be wasteful of resources.

Aston University is a great place to work

Life at Aston University is fun, diverse, vibrant and flexible. They are interested in their employee's well being and development. I feel well supported and enjoy the benefits that come with being an Employee.

Excellent place to study

Aston University is an excellent place to study. All of the teachers are very accomplished in their respective fields and are very helpful and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aston University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement