AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Found 147 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,086 reviews

Excellent work place

Okdikidoki, that’s all I’m saying, good place to work and nothing was to much trouble but probably not like that nowadays, times changed and not for the good.

Pros

Work ethic was way above normal

Stressful

Quite stressful environment for new starters. Not sure yet how things will become after a few more months. Training is almost non existent, it is very superficial and given in a way intended to make you repeat things without questioning their methods

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

Stressful and bad training. Scientists are micromanaged with little room for thinking out of the box

Great Culture and growth mindset - A great place to work

Very fulfilling and supportive environment. A consistent positive culture across the organisation irrespective of your role or location. Development opportunities all round. AZ encourages everyone to stretch and learn new things. The Lean journey is a great asset. Managers are always open to listen and support.Overall, AZ is a 5-star company.

Pros

good salary, great benefit fund, great pension, outstanding culture

Cons

a bit relaxed sometimes and you can easily get carried away.

Preach one thing but reality far different

Depending what you do wages can be good to average. Expect nil training or courses as they want all that before you start. Massive blame culture...work can get very repetitive and boring....

Money orientated

The majority of employees are introduced as temporary workers, it pays to have relatives in the job and in the know. There is a tendency for temps between 20/30 to be given full time employment. I found there was systematic bullying of temps by a minority of contracted employees, although I survived 6 years but they got me in the end.The pay is good after temps were given equal rights by the european courts, before this I was paid the minimum amount. Overall last as long as you can, make hay while the sun shines.

Pros

Money

Cons

frustration

Ok

Big pharma. Benefits good, pay good, management mainly driven by their own promotion prospects. Science follows what is fashionable, so not a lot of continuity.

Pros

Flexible working

Excellent place to work

Relaxed atmosphere with excellent facilities and a very inclusive and diverse culture. Down to earth management and a friendly workforce make this a great place to work.

Pros

Good pay, relaxed atmosphere, inclusive culture

Cons

Canteen a little expensive

Work Experience

I took part in a week of work experience within the company. I feel it was a great insight into the working world and I was able to develop my skill set further.

Very Professional ,Management very level headed

a great company to work with and my time at Astrazeneca Speke has been very rewarding the shift I am on has been brilliant to work with and my training has been second to none

Great people, so-so management but very shady criteria...

I was a contractor here for just under a year, learnt a lot and thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Found some of the permanent staff quite lazy and happy to rest on their laurels with the attitude of "just let the temps do it" an attitude encouraged by our Team Leader. The company in my opinion treated their staff quite well and were generous with benefits, even towards the temps. However, when we were let go all the Manager said to us was that "we didnt meet the criteria" without telling us what the criteria was... And the fact that we were all minorities whilst the one who got kept on was Caucasian... Coincidence? Not sure but does make you wonder...

Jobs at AstraZeneca

See more jobs

Collaborative and friendly

The company works on ambitious projects, while people are very collaborative and friendly. It is important to have good expertise at the start, but even more important it is to keep learning as you go.

Very enjoyable place to work

Very laidback place to work with excellent working colleagues and very helpful with any issues you may have in your working day. Unfortunately I was under a relatively new line manager who made working in is department very difficult not just for myself but many members of staff. But if you take the line manger our of the picture then working there is one of the best places I have ever worked.

Productive and an attractive site

AZ site is a large and vibrant site with many facilities and nature areas which was a luxury for employees. Highly successful pharma company with a sound forward thinking strategy.

AstraZeneca

A good company with strong values. As with most pharma companies, driven by the bottom line, so expect multiple restructuring exercises, driven by slick initiatives, that may not be effective.

Good place to work.

AstraZenece is a professional and well organised company with very good procedures and systems. Training is provided and there is plenty of opportunities.

Money over Job Satisfaction

Great pay with great opportunity for overtime, however poor management. Double standards on company policies where the business feels completely different when under the spotlight.

Pros

Great Pay

Hreat Place To Work For

Be Smart And Be Yourself. Work Hard And Do What You Can .Never Do Things To Put Others In Danger Follow All Rules Health And Safety Is Always A First Priority.. Any Ideas Are Great To Come Up With. And Good Luck

Pros

Cons

Plenty Overtime

A great company to work in, that is really progressing on its growth through innovation strategy. There is a strong culture of patient centric medicine development and excellent corporate values that underpin everything they do.

AstraZeneca

AZ is a company with its own culture. Collaboration is key but this often gets in the way of decision making and means that you need to be able to cope with this frustration in order to work here. The workload is excessive and long hours are required.

Great knowledge about job but not much more. Not paying enough attention to employee needs and personal issues. Very strict about what they are expecting and not to flexible with the change

Massive corporate

A very large corporate organisation which can be very different depending on the part of the organisaiton you are in. Overally complex and beuarocratic at times. Management structure complex and confusing. IT systems too many and not geared to business value add.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement