Athena

Athena Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Fub place to work

Get to listen to good music and serve customers whilst learning the different areas of a customer service role. The pay is more than minimum wage and there is great staff

Senior management are the worst I’ve ever worked for

Some of the homes are lovely to work in and the staff are lovely. The culture they’ve adapted in the senior management is a disgrace l, and with their lack of knowledge of the role for working with young people it has hindered their ability to deal with the care aspect. The company needed massive improvements when I got their and did well until a new senior management team was put in place. It’s a shame as the owners are lovely people and they actually care about the kids and the staff.

Pros

Lovely owners, some benefits, good pay

Cons

Long hours, expected to work all hours and drop your life and petty attitudes to certain things

I didn’t even really work there for long it was almost like a voluntary work , I worked once but there and then I had to stop because it wasn’t getting in he way of my school work.

360 driver excavator

good place to work for always plenty to do and always good team work works van provided transport to and from work contracts . plenty of weekend overtime.

Stressful and not supported.

Mananenent to friendly with each other and have there favourites! A lot of back stabbing all the time! Management bully people and make constant threats to sack people! Not enough notice with regards to training.

Summary of review

Excellent company to contract for, everyone was friendly helpful and jovial. Every person enthusiastically did their share and happily got stuck in if anyone needed help or even if they had finished the job they were doing, and all whilst it was precipitating it down

Pros

Cons

Rain

fast paced

it was great fun working here as a team member. the other team members were lovely however there was alot of staff so was hard to get a decent amount of shifts.

Loved service users and girls l worked with We're lovely all very hard working

Girls l worked with were brill and very easy to work with the only downside we're some of office staff were rude and Did not support you if I were poorly u at to get on with it some office staff were very helpful pay. Not great at to buy own food l now work for another care company absolutely fantastic

The CEO is a treat.

I work as a volounteer, the CEO is lovely and understanding. The hi ta aren’t taxing, the clientele are excellent to work with. This is a great company with great people, with a light enough work load

Pros

Flexible hours, great working environment, flexible lunches.

Cons

Not enough hours.

Very fun place to work

Diverse events give every working day new experiences and it is enjoyable to work. Working with new people every couple of shifts give more knowledge of how to work with different types of people.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Athena?

great

the athena staff are friendly and always willing to help. a typical night at work would be serving drinks to 1000+ guests. dinner is a lovely 3 course meal. wide range of spirits and champagnes and wines. use a q scan system which is easy to learn.

Pros

loads of tips.

Cons

fast paced. lots of people.

professional and fun work environment

I spent 2 months working as a labourer on a temporary contract. I learnt health and safety procedures, and enjoyed working as part of a team.

Very eventful and fun workplace

This was a great gymnastic business and all members of staff were extremely polite. I wouldnt know what the working salary is though as i was only a volunteer.

not bad

was making sure customers were happy I learned a lot of the hair and beauty stuff co workers was easy to get along with was the boss# learning new things and seeing happy customers

good company

Enjoyed my time here, however company went into administration and my store closed

A great workplace and an enjoyable experience

Overall, working at Athena has taught me many life lessons as well as technical skills. It was a very enjoyable place of work, but unfortunately has closed down. In my time at Athena i learned that i thrive off being a team member in the workplace, i have made some great friends with some of my old colleagues. however i have learned how to be independent and also a good problem solver. I learned to work the till, handle cash, teach new members of staff how to use the till and deal with deliveries and stock control. The most difficult aspect of being a sales assistant at Athena was when it was a very quite weekday and we happened to be overstaffed. in this sort of situation i like to keep busy and i have learned how to create tasks for myself. My favorite aspect of the job was being able to create such great relationships with the customers, we had a lot of regulars and reoccurring custom, and i found it very rewarding to be able to have face to face interaction with our customers.

Pros

Made some great friends and learned retail skills

Cons

not very many hours available.

Productive and very encouraging atmosphere

Working at Athena was a pleasure. The typical day at work would include late hours however due to excellent atmosphere. The management was also on very high standard, which mad the work challenging but relaxing as well. The hardest part of the job was to provide excellent customer service to the customers between the meals during the shows as the waitress could't disturb the show. The hob overall was very enjoyable.

Fun to work, although most of the time it was very pressured.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Busy.

production

working in Athena was always a pleasure, we were a good team that seemed to bounce off one an other, our approach to work always was attention to detail.