Avail

Avail Employee Reviews

Mission Driven w/ a fantastic Board of Directors

A really positive experience and an honor to have spent nearly three years with an amazing group of individuals. Top notch. AvailNYC is a small non-profit with a big heart to be a support to the women of NYC.

Terrible business, even worse owners

If there is anything you could do in your life to be successful, working for avail is not one of them. Save your breath and your time apply anywhere else and feel more valued. They canned us without any prior notice and they demand a 2 week notice if you want to leave

Pros

No pros, everything sucks

Cons

No breaks unless you dont want to be there forever, no information coming from up top, being left in the dark

enjoy and relax

I just to promote the product in my friends and relatives or other people. Its easy to sale this product because its convenient to use especially to women and its a herbal product.

Pros

Cons

Indepents in me

Run! Horrible Company!

Company sets unreachable goals. Meaning you will not get a bonus you were told about. Promotions are a lies. It never happens. Growth of the company was to fast. They can not replenish the stores they have now, so a loss of customers. You are used and thrown out like yesterday's trash. The pay is horrible for the amount of hours they require toy to work, and they watch you all the time withh all the cameras in their stores like they are perverts or aomething. Very uncomfortable place to work

Avail handyman services

It was a great place to work, enjoyed my co-worker. I did painting, drywall, and some woodwork. I also kept up with all tools and did clean up once work was complete.

Great work environment

I love working for Avail personal in home care service , They treat you like family and they do a lot for there employees and there clients . I highly recommend them

It's a vape shop not a drug store

Unrealistic sales goals. Company focus is on average dollar sale...Instead of how much in total you sell. Hours are ridiculous. No connection between corporate and retail.

Good experience environment for mental health work. Face to face and crisis lines.

Great job to participate in crisis work. Fast paced and awesome opportunity. Good perks, overtime options an incredible training. Once the shift is over, you can unplug and start again the next day. New call center about to open. A very good training ground for a career in mental health. Plenty of veteran employees to staff with when questions arise. Small enough company to respond to concerns, but covers a large area. Good feedback from customer base.

Pros

Overtime opportunities, good training offered

Cons

fast paced, stressful at times

Regular

Se tiene que estar acostumbrado a trabajar bajo presion.

Good company to work for

I am a conscientious person who works hard and pays attention to detail. I'm flexible, quick to pick up new skills and eager to learn from others. I also have lots of ideas and enthusiasm.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Avail?

Great experience, horrible management

Working at the call center provided great learning experience for anyone looking to further their experience within the mental health field. The job was fast-paced and stressful at times, but definitely manageable. However, training for the job was not adequate and only provided trainees with a fraction of the actual duties required for the job. Management was disorganized- each level of management provided different protocol for the same situations. COO was extremely rude and seemed to treat employees based on personal opinion rather than professionalism. Most employees were very nice, but COO made the working environment unbearable. COO was very condescending and I felt I could not ask questions as a result.

Pros

great learning experience

Cons

disorganized management, rude COO, not a supportive environment

Great enviroment but long hard hours

long hours that are flexible but if you are not on the field you wont earn money because its all commission based sales. I enjoyed the culture and positive people and the owner is a great guy.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

AVAIL is a nice place to work

A day at AVAIL is a little unpredictable it could be very busy or it could be a more quieter day. I have learned so many different things about the laws. My director and my co-workers are like family to me, we are also there for one another. Sometimes the hardest things about my job is seeing someone fall back into the same trap, but I would still be non-judgmental of them and help them as many times as needed.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

Not sure

Small Business Company

Good Company still growing with benefits of going to classes and being certified. Constantly learning new things in the latest technology.

Pros

Knowledgeable company

Cons

Needs Benefits

Great Place

Great Place but I am a contractor looking for full time and benefits as well.

Pros

Great Manager and People

Fun Job but no Job Security or Advancement

I learned how to manage multiple projects at the same time while collaborating with different production companies and vendors. It was a casual environment and most of my co-workers were fun to be around. There were office parties on occasion and every time it was someone's birthday in my department the company would take us all out to lunch.

Enjoyed working enviorment

A typical day at work was taking about 50-100 inbound calls. I learned how to navigate through multiple systems at one time I became a floor walker, which meant to assist anyone that had questions. I loved all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was fixing other co-workers mistakes The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving customers problems

Pros

Vending Mechines, room for advancment

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement